Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clutter Your Map - Rabbithole Map View Visibility Changes

by Don Babilon Posted 3rd Jul 2018 at 9:18 PM - Updated 15th Jul 2018 at 5:41 PM by Don Babilon : Updated compatibility list

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 8:37 AM
Thanks a lot! That's really helpful for using combo lots. Nice work!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:25 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 7th Jul 2018 at 9:46 AM.
Glad that you like them. It was you, after all, who prompted their eventual release

NB: I am also currently in the process of adding the last remaining ones.
Edit: Sorry, but my current status doesn't allow me to add files to the thread, so, no updates for the time being, unfortunately.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 1:19 PM
Excellent! Thank you So to be clear, can I install all of them if I have all EPs? And do I still use your Arboretum Visibility mod or take it out?
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 2:42 PM
You can install all of them, yes. You just have to decide wich flavour you need, as you cannot have both v1 and v2 at the same time.
I usually mix depending on what world I play, as I don't need it for the military lot most of the time, for example, as there is hardly ever anything there to visit. But in another world I have the military RH combined with a stellar observatory RH rug and built a plumbot workshop around the latter, and so there the use of both mods is helpful.

The arboretum one is the same, so you can keep the old one. I would have preferred to have all the mods in one single thread, but the rules don't allow that. So I at least re-released the Arboretum for people who haven't got it yet and put it in one neat Supernatural folder together with the others.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
You can install all of them, yes. You just have to decide wich flavour you need, as you cannot have both v1 and v2 at the same time.
I usually mix depending on what world I play, as I don't need it for the military lot most of the time, for example, as there is hardly ever anything there to visit. But in another world I have the military RH combined with a stellar observatory RH rug and built a plumbot workshop around the latter, and so there the use of both mods is helpful.

The arboretum one is the same, so you can keep the old one. I would have preferred to have all the mods in one single thread, but the rules don't allow that. So I at least re-released the Arboretum for people who haven't got it yet and put it in one neat Supernatural folder together with the others.

Thank you! I have a big world with every rabbithole in it, so this will be very useful
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 12:49 AM
Thanks!I always hated how the lot tag was replaced by the rabbit hole tags.This makes both visible in map view.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 4:47 AM
Thanks Don!
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
(...)

Edit: I thought I should mention that though the "annex" RH has no corresponding object, Misty's UL RH rugs does include an annex RH rug.
@nitromon Damn! I really should have checked whether there was a tiny chance that the standalone exists in the files, despite it not appearing in-game. The thumbnail in FullBuild0_p10 is the same as the Stadium/Annex combo, though, have you already checked in-game whether the Annex rug is, just maybe, the Stadium/Annex and the mod still works?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 8:44 PM
Thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 3:48 PM
Wow, so much work! Thanks so much for sharing these, you already know how much I love them. :)
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 8:08 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 10th Jul 2018 at 8:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Wow, so much work! Thanks so much for sharing these, you already know how much I love them.
Oops, this reminds me that I forgot to thank you for testing these in conjunction with Tagger. :off to another edit of the description:
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 4:23 PM
It will make my game so much easier to play. Thank you so much for creating this mod!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:11 AM
I've tested this in my 100 baby challenge and it's looking like a keeper and it's en working fine for me with NRaas Tagger installed along with a full NRaas Mod collection.I do use rabbiy hole replacement objects a lot in my games and this should help a lot.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:50 AM
Thank you, very useful!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 3:59 AM
Thanks very much! I somehow had no idea these existed. I appreciate all your hard work and efforts!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#19 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 3:32 PM
Just a heads up but the bookstore/spa combo in the Late Night files does not work for the Pets version of the rabbithole. Reading through your description, I thought it would ("keep in mind that whenever EA introduced new rabbitholes they reused them for later worlds") but I do not get a stylist map tag when using the LN file in a world that uses the Pets bookstore/spa rabbithole. Same goes for Supernatural version.

After, I tested with a new lot using the LN version rabbithole. It also did not work. However, using a different rabbithole (tested using regular base game bookstore, Pets combo diner/grocery, and Supernatural theater/criminal) worked fine so I believe there is some issue with the particular spa/bookstore combo.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 10:42 AM
THANKS so much for this.
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Just a heads up but the bookstore/spa combo in the Late Night files does not work for the Pets version of the rabbithole. Reading through your description, I thought it would ("keep in mind that whenever EA introduced new rabbitholes they reused them for later worlds") but I do not get a stylist map tag when using the LN file in a world that uses the Pets bookstore/spa rabbithole. Same goes for Supernatural version.

After, I tested with a new lot using the LN version rabbithole. It also did not work. However, using a different rabbithole (tested using regular base game bookstore, Pets combo diner/grocery, and Supernatural theater/criminal) worked fine so I believe there is some issue with the particular spa/bookstore combo.
Hm, that's odd. So, you mean that the LN building works but the Pets and SN ones don't? Although I haven't been able to open the game for more than a year now I think to remember that I didn't miss any of the files, i.e. there should be only one bookstore/spa combo rabbithole xml in the game files. But your issue suggests that there is a separate one somewhere. I guess you already made sure that there isn't anything else interfering, like another mod that changes the behaviour of this particular rabbithole (something that changes opening hours for example) or a pre-Pets rabbithole rug you are using?
Sorry, but I do not know how to fix this at the moment unless there is a mistake in my file, as I do not have access to a working install. But I'll look into it as soon as I can. Thanks for the heads up.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 7:59 AM
Thank you so much, I really love this mod - it's so great for small worlds.
I was wondering whether it's possible to make a fix like this for the Store Sky Diving rabbithole?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#23 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Hm, that's odd. So, you mean that the LN building works but the Pets and SN ones don't? Although I haven't been able to open the game for more than a year now I think to remember that I didn't miss any of the files, i.e. there should be only one bookstore/spa combo rabbithole xml in the game files. But your issue suggests that there is a separate one somewhere. I guess you already made sure that there isn't anything else interfering, like another mod that changes the behaviour of this particular rabbithole (something that changes opening hours for example) or a pre-Pets rabbithole rug you are using?
Sorry, but I do not know how to fix this at the moment unless there is a mistake in my file, as I do not have access to a working install. But I'll look into it as soon as I can. Thanks for the heads up.
Sorry, my text was a bit confusing. None of the bookstore/spa combos work, regardless of which expansion they came from. When I did my testing, I was using a particular set of user files with limited CC (the one I used for building Greymont Bay). I only had a few rabbithole rugs installed, just the ones required which are all using the pets-fix, the CC required for the world, and some basic mods like NRaas DebugEnabler, Master Controller, and Overwatch. Nothing that adjusted the opening/closing time or anything like that.

It's not a huge issue if you're not able to fix it; I'd just noticed the behavior since I do use a bookstore/spa combo on the same lot as my salon in Greymont Bay so it was a "something nice to have" addition. I can live without it until/unless you get an opportunity to fix it.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 7:17 AM
This has being very useful, specially for custom community lots that also has rabbit holes, this branchs so much building possibilities. Thank youu ❤