Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 10:28 PM
Default Change the name of days of the week
First of all, I know I'm probably the only person in here that did or ever try to do this, but anyways, just in case.

I'm doing a little bit of a project for myself, and I'm changing the STBLs of the game. All good in there, but apparently the names of the Sims and the days of the week aren't stored in the Strings_ENG_US.package file, they're stored in somewhere else that I don't know. I spent almost an hour and a half searching for other files, for XMLs or other types of files, and since I'm pretty new to modding anything that it's not a STBL file I couldn't do it. By any chance, does anyone know how could I do this? How could I change the NAME of the days of the week? Obviously every language is different, and I thought the names would be defined in the language strings, but they aren't. I don't know if I explained myself well, I hope so xD.

Any help is more than welcome, because I'm really stuck in there.
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 5:51 AM
My guess (and it is just a guess, but seems to me a fairly reasonable one based on the fact the days aren't listed in the string tables) is that those are pulled out of the locale settings for the operating system based on the current locale settings.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
My guess (and it is just a guess, but seems to me a fairly reasonable one based on the fact the days aren't listed in the string tables) is that those are pulled out of the locale settings for the operating system based on the current locale settings.

First of all sorry for not replying since now, kinda late, I had irl stuff going on.
Second, I thought this too, but then I realized that if I change the language of the game, for example to Italian, the names of the week ALSO change to Italian. Which really blows my mind, since they aren't listed on the string tables. Will do a few experiments and see if it works, but I'm kinda stuck in there
Deceased
#4 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:27 PM Last edited by scumbumbo : 7th Aug 2018 at 10:54 PM.
I actually looked around for these when I was poking around the UI code a few days ago, and didn't see anything. You've got me wondering again, taking another look through some possible locations....

ETA - Ok, found some stuff in the UI scripts in the localization stuff that specifies a key from hash for each of the weekdays, but those all point to the STBL entries for the single letters "S" "M" "T", etc. Not very helpful, I know.

I'd suggest asking the SimGuruModSquad on the EAxis forums as to where those day strings come from and whether they are moddable. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/ca...cal-discussions