Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Salon Chair Mod

by simler90 Posted 19th Aug 2018 at 4:29 PM - Updated 1st May 2021 at 8:37 PM by simler90

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 4:38 PM
EA should have hired you as a developer. You're fixing nearly everything in the game.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 4:52 PM
Hallelujah! Thank YOU

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 9:54 PM
this is awesome
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:04 AM
Okay, wow. I have never once used the salon chair because I had some vague recollection about how messed up it was and just kinda put it out of my mind. I can actually try it out now, after how many years? Thank you very much!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 3:19 AM
Huh. I'd like to get this, but I'm concerned about a possible conflict with gummilutt's "More sensible (cosmetology) badge gain." I can't check it for myself right now, because no Sims in my current game own a business, with or without salon chairs. Any info there?

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 12:11 PM
Thank you. It will help a lot in my game!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
Huh. I'd like to get this, but I'm concerned about a possible conflict with gummilutt's "More sensible (cosmetology) badge gain." I can't check it for myself right now, because no Sims in my current game own a business, with or without salon chairs. Any info there?

@G-Mon: I looked at Gummi's mod (which I had forgotten about, thanks for reminding me) and this one in SimPE, and there's no conflict I can see. Gummi's mod only changes the BCON that controls how many badge points a makeover gives, and this mod doesn't affect that.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:45 PM
This has been such a pain in the patootie that I seldom made a salon business even lots of my sims would have been better suited to it than what I finally set up for them. Especially home businesses. Thanks for fixing this. Is it possible that a similar problem is to be found with the massage table? It never seems to work well as a part of a spa business either.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandya
This has been such a pain in the patootie that I seldom made a salon business even lots of my sims would have been better suited to it than what I finally set up for them. Especially home businesses. Thanks for fixing this. Is it possible that a similar problem is to be found with the massage table? It never seems to work well as a part of a spa business either.

Even better: Sometimes it throws errors.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 5:49 PM
YESSS!! thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:23 PM
Thank you so much! I hated when I wanted to open a salon business and most of the sims weren't going for the chairs; they just sat in the lot and do dumb stuff. Now I can fix it with this mod. Thank you so much!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:53 PM
I had forgotten all about this chair, probably because it was broken. Now I want to build a salon! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:56 PM
YES!!! Thank you so much! I have never used it because it never seemed to work, but I didn't know enough to know why. Thank you for all you do!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 9:12 PM
Well, that explains a few problems I had with the hair salon. Thanks!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#16 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 2:56 AM
@simler90 Question please will your mod conflict with this mod? http://modthesims.info/d/353100
Field Researcher
#17 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dharden
@G-Mon: I looked at Gummi's mod (which I had forgotten about, thanks for reminding me) and this one in SimPE, and there's no conflict I can see. Gummi's mod only changes the BCON that controls how many badge points a makeover gives, and this mod doesn't affect that.
Okay, thanks for looking into it. I feel a bit more confident about trying this now. ('Course, it's gonna be some time before anyone in my 'hood would even think about owning a business, of any sort, but....)

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:57 PM
Thank you so much for fixing the chair!!! Now I can finally open my own hairdresser's salon!! ))
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:49 PM
Default Massage table
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Even better: Sometimes it throws errors.

I am over the moon with this mod! thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 10:01 PM
Wonderful. I've been so frustrated running a shop of mine and having to basically offer makeovers for free to get any customers. Part of my goal has been to organically makeover a lot of the townies and well, that wasn't going well. What a useful mod.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 1:37 PM
Wow how nice! Now my Salon chairs will work better.
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by st_d
i've had trouble opening both business mods, 7zip says it "cannot open them as archives". re-downloading hasn't helped. anyone got an idea?

Had this problem too - 7zip is out of date! Get the latest version from their site.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 10:54 PM
omg haha thank you so much for this mod
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 6:42 PM
You're really hitting the spot with these OFB mods. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 8:07 PM
You just saved so many dying salon businesses. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2