Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Biggest Little Mod for Toddlers [2024/01/06]

by TheSweetSimmer Posted 28th Aug 2018 at 12:22 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2024 at 10:00 PM by TheSweetSimmer : Added info

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 12:53 PM
I adore your mods, now my game will be richest, thank you very much
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 2:35 PM
It's here! It all looks amazing
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 5:02 PM
I just can't thank you enough Great job. I love your mods cuz it makes toddlers and kids more useful. Hope there will be more such type mods And hey do you have in your plans making toddler interactions with pets?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
I just can't thank you enough Great job. I love your mods cuz it makes toddlers and kids more useful. Hope there will be more such type mods And hey do you have in your plans making toddler interactions with pets?

Yes! I have many other plans for this mod, but I'll put them in in updates since it'd be a lot all at once haha, I'm planning on making the toddlers swing on swings, hug their pets and maybe even perhaps sleep in their pets's beds

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Yes! I have many other plans for this mod, but I'll put them in in updates since it'd be a lot all at once haha, I'm planning on making the toddlers swing on swings, hug their pets and maybe even perhaps sleep in their pets's beds

Hell YES!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 10:22 PM
Oh I do love not having to get a potty chair anymore! AND I CALL DIBS ON HUGGING PETS THAT WOULD BE SO CUTE.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 3:41 AM
I'm really excited about this mod, but I'm hesitant to add it to my game, as there is no information listed on whether it conflicts with existing toddler interaction mods. I really like arsil's toddler extra activities mod and I would love to use this in conjunction to really flesh out the toddler life state. However, I have no idea if I can, though I suspect I shouldn't due to them both containing a play in puddle interaction. One workaround would be to offer each of these interactions as a separate download to allow simmers to pick and choose what they'd like to add in their game like the no stretch children can series has offered. Until something is done, I cannot use this mod and that's a real shame because this mod offers a lot.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 4:34 AM
I love all these mods you are making for the young'uns in Sims 3! Thank you so much
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 7:08 AM
I think I'm about to faint... This is the coolest mod I've seen in a long time! Wow! How cute are these interactions. Thank you so much for your hard work, this is going to be an amazing addition to our games!
Inventor
#11 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 8:05 AM
I love the mods youre making!
I have a question though if its compatible with Arsil mods: Toddlers Extra Activities and Child2Toddler2Baby? I would love to use your mods together with Arsil, but those have play in puddle too, which might conflict. Dont know if there are more potential conflicts either.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 8:13 AM Last edited by blyneliaivel : 29th Aug 2018 at 12:43 PM.
Now that you added ability for tots to play with the toilet you should definately allow parents to scold them. :o
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 1:10 PM
Everybody, please read the new disclaimer I have added.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 6:32 PM
This is so cool! Thank you so much TheSweetToddler!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 7:05 PM
Another great mod, thank you so very much for sharing ;) I have tested it a little and with Arsil's mod we have 2 options on a puddle, your spalsh and Arsil's play in puddle :D No conflict as i can see, but something else is weird: there are 2 pick up toddler when i click on him so there is a glitch somewhere. The hug is so cute :D Will teach him to talk now and, report back later ;) Big Hug !!!!!!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 7:15 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 29th Aug 2018 at 10:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MrsSanta
Another great mod, thank you so very much for sharing I have tested it a little and with Arsil's mod we have 2 options on a puddle, your spalsh and Arsil's play in puddle No conflict as i can see, but something else is weird: there are 2 pick up toddler when i click on him so there is a glitch somewhere. The hug is so cute Will teach him to talk now and, report back later Big Hug !!!!!!

Thank you, my other friend did announce there was 2 options to pick up the toddler, strange because it's not like that in my game, but that glitch is actually part of my "children can care for toddlers" mod
I'll let everybody know about this, thank you for testing out

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 12:54 AM
thank you for this mod! you make my game more realistic with your mods! :lovestruck
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 3:17 AM
This looks fantastic, thanks!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 4:05 AM
Wow. Just....wow. I have no words. Such a wonderful addition! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 2:50 AM
This is amazing!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 4:19 AM
Awesome mod, thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 4:26 AM
Btw, I'm unfortunately still new to Sims 3 modding and scripting, but would it not be possible to require that the ITUN file check for toddler status before doing a skill check to allow (or disallow) use of the toilet? I.e. if sim = toddler AND if sim = potty trained then enable option to use toilet. This way children and up would not be stopped from using the toilet but toddler sims would still have to pass a skill check to use it and would not be allowed to use it if they weren't potty trained. It would avoid the issue of having CAS sims and children who were not potty trained in toddlerhood peeing themselves because they can't be potty trained and thus can't use the toilet. XD Of course, as I said, I'm still new to Sims 3 scripting so I could be very wrong. I'm just going off of what I know generally about coding and my past experience with C++. Anyway, just a suggestion!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PikachuMaiden
Btw, I'm unfortunately still new to Sims 3 modding and scripting, but would it not be possible to require that the ITUN file check for toddler status before doing a skill check to allow (or disallow) use of the toilet? I.e. if sim = toddler AND if sim = potty trained then enable option to use toilet. This way children and up would not be stopped from using the toilet but toddler sims would still have to pass a skill check to use it and would not be allowed to use it if they weren't potty trained. It would avoid the issue of having CAS sims and children who were not potty trained in toddlerhood peeing themselves because they can't be potty trained and thus can't use the toilet. XD Of course, as I said, I'm still new to Sims 3 scripting so I could be very wrong. I'm just going off of what I know generally about coding and my past experience with C++. Anyway, just a suggestion!

Ah, don't worry, there's no actual coding in this mod, it's a tuning mod, basically it's the easiest type of mod to do, since you just have to do a few little changes in the ITUN, so if you wanted a toddler to have to be potty trained, you'd have to add the potty skill that I put in the description of the mod, it's very easy

But sims who have not been potty trained in their toddlerhood or have just been made in cas will not be able to use the toilet, but if you have NRaas Master Controller, I think you'll need to have it's cheats too, in your sim's pie menu, go to NRaas > MC > Advanced > Skills and then look for the potty training skill and put it to 1. Now your sim will have the potty training skill and will be able to use the toilet again. I didn't add this in because I thought it would confuse people or make it hard for people who don't know about tuning mods to make their older sims use the toilet lol.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 12:44 PM
I have generations and seasons but i don't have pets, will this still work? Thanks anyways!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crazy sandwich gamer
I have generations and seasons but i don't have pets, will this still work? Thanks anyways!

As far as I can tell you, the play in toilet one will not work if you add this mod to your game, or it could, but I'm not sure what will happen if you don't have an EP. You can go ahead and download it and see if the interaction works or not.

Page 1 of 4