Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 12:07 AM
Default Too many twins
Backstory: I bought Sims 4 the week it came out, and hated it due to the lack of CAS, limited base game, and narrow family play. I went straight back to Sims 3, which I kept playing until about a year ago. Gave it a break for a while because my old desktop was having issues and kept crashing.

I finally bought an up to date computer and decided to give Sims 4 another chance. So far, I'm enjoying it. However: My sims keep. Having. Twins.

Every time.

It's getting old. The first one was a single daughter. After that, I bought an expansion pack and began my first legacy style game. Generation one had twin boys, and the twins kept glitching (got repeated notifications that they had aged up to toddler, even days after they aged up, each time with a new bassinet to delete). Deleted that game, started a new legacy. Founder had twin girls. I was unhappy with that game, deleted it, started a third legacy. Founder had twin boys.

I have no mods, but do have some very limited custom content.

I searched the EA forums and found people complaining in 2015 about a twin pregnancy bug which EA insisted had been fixed. Can't find anything else. Is this a bug? Is there a mod for this? I'm liking the simplicity of playing without mods, but I'll do what it takes to have a functional game.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 2:53 AM
Using MCCC pregnancy module you can determine the max number for pregnancy offspring
so if you'll set it to be 1, no twins or more will be born in your game.

the path to those setting after installing MCCC (with the pregnancy module) - and after selecting MCCC settings on the computer in game - is this:
MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Maximum Offspring < set to 1

(but first you need to enable script mods in your game options, if you haven't yet)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Using MCCC pregnancy module you can determine the max number for pregnancy offspring
so if you'll set it to be 1, no twins or more will be born in your game.

the path to those setting after installing MCCC (with the pregnancy module) - and after selecting MCCC settings on the computer in game - is this:
MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Maximum Offspring < set to 1

(but first you need to enable script mods in your game options, if you haven't yet)

Is there a way to keep a random chance of having twins, just less often? I like twins occasionally.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 8:08 AM
You can use MCCC to alter the number of babies your Sim is carrying and the sex too. This will apply to that Sim only, not all Sims. I think you just click on your Pregnant Sim, choose MCCC and click on the pregnancy bit. It will then tell you how many babies your Sim is expecting and the sex. Which you can then alter.
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 1:03 PM
I get the constant issue of almost always female babies are born, twins in my game is uncommon, but I never had twins boys before, recently I checked my game census with ssi and females well overnumber the males in all age groups, unsure if mccc can change the odds yet, but it will save me the time of deleting female sims in attempt to help even the ratio out.
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I get the constant issue of almost always female babies are born, twins in my game is uncommon, but I never had twins boys before, recently I checked my game census with ssi and females well overnumber the males in all age groups, unsure if mccc can change the odds yet, but it will save me the time of deleting female sims in attempt to help even the ratio out.

Maybe they all have been obsessed with strawberries or pop music? ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

you can change the gender percentage using MCCC as well..
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 3:21 PM
I see, ok I need to look into again..
Scholar
#8 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 5:03 PM
MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Percent Male (the female will be set accordingly)

for babies you can only set it so they will be females, males or both
but no percentages here..

MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Offspring Gender
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 10:17 AM
Back when I played Sims 3 that happened to my Girlfriend in the game quite a few times XD I will admit I hate when Sims have twins, it is annoying and really is too much work if you just want one kid. I don't think you can get rid of one of the twins either by shipping them off to be adopted. I have not really played around with Sims 4's family tree mechanics yet, so I have yet to bother having kids in the game, but I am unsure if adoption is a thing in the game. If you can put your Sim's kids up for adoption so you don't have to deal with them and it would be more realistic than that would be amazing!