Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 2:07 PM
New Patch Nov 13th
sweeties I get that the new patch will affect script mods and cc, so my question is do I just need to take out the mods folder from my game once the new patch launches? and then re-instal the mods after that update? and then like don’t play the game until there’s updated mods bc I don’t like playing without mods or cc tbh oh yeah will the cc still work? thank u <3
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 2:11 PM
You can't just reinstall the same mods after patching. You need to take them out like you said, but only put back each individual one when its author has finished updating and you have downloaded the new version. For unmodded CC (clothes and objects made by other creators) they said you should be able to keep those ok as they are

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You can't just reinstall the same mods after patching. You need to take them out like you said, but only put back each individual one when its author has finished updating and you have downloaded the new version. For unmodded CC (clothes and objects made by other creators) they said you should be able to keep those ok as they are

yeah of course thats what i meant, i wont just reinstall them ofc! so basiclly all i need to do is remove the folder and then add the cc back and then add the scripts mods back once theyre updated? <3
#4 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 2:28 PM
According to the gurus yes. Though there is many a slip....

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 12:40 AM
do I need too wait too patch. I use mcc and don't want my sims too age up right as I start playing
#6 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 8:41 AM
What I usually do is I don't open my favorite save until everything (MCC especially) has been updated, instead I start a new save and explore the new patch and EP in that for a while. Then it doesn't matter if my mods are missing for a while.

One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 2:27 PM
I lean towards simply waiting to patch until mods that are important to me are updated. I also wait to see if the patch will introduce new issues that have to quickly be patched by EA. Or you can do as Inge chooses, play it plain vanilla without risking your favorite saves until your key mods are compatible.
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 2:52 PM
If you got it installed on multiple machines, just patch on one but not the other, you get to enjoy the new features as well as wait for essential mods to be updated.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 6:49 PM
mccc will probably be up pretty soon anyway. I would like to take a fullnighter with the terrain tools, but I'll have to see.
#11 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 10:15 PM
Candy

Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 2:20 AM
it helps to have game save just for testing mods and CC to see what is causing an last exception error
Instructor
#13 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 10:45 PM
I'm dreading it. I hate having to track down every mod and try to find out whether it's compatible yet with the new patch or find some alternative. So many authors of great mods stop playing or updating their work.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 9:44 PM
^Pretty much this^.

Or go without some of your mods for a little while. Most of the big name mods update within one or two days so you probably won't have to worry about that. The only thing that worries me is the same thing that always worries me with each new update. The insanely outdated "Faster songwriting" mod that's been lucky enough survive most patches so far. So really, all you'll have to worry about are the things made by inactive modders.

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#16 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 10:15 PM
You can turn off "auto game update"
Forum Resident
#17 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 11:24 PM
I should turn off auto update till mcc is updated.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 3:15 AM
I leave all my old mods enabled, throw caution to the wind, and and proceed to yell like a bloodthirsty warrior at my screen when the game inevitably freezes, glitches, and crashes. I don't recommend it.

But in all seriousness, aside from what others have said regarding mods, your cc (hair, clothing, etc) should be fine, I've never had a problem with those, afaik anyways.
dodgy builder
#19 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 5:52 PM
"Only 8 minutes to go"
Forum Resident
#20 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 5:55 PM
what time does it go live?
dodgy builder
#21 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:07 PM
It's different in Europe of course, I hate that
Forum Resident
#22 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:11 PM Last edited by ticklish : 13th Nov 2018 at 6:21 PM.
just updated playing a new save till mods are updated. That new sim view is nice but makes me sick as the they move around.
dodgy builder
#23 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:20 PM
I just had to forcefeed it into Origin. It's preparing now.
dodgy builder
#24 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:55 PM
This is totally possible to break

Screenshots
#25 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:56 PM
Good - that makes it more flexible to experiment with

Page 1 of 3