Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 6:34 PM
Reagent grinding system is the worse. Spells like puddle evaporation shouldn't like the hassle of wasting time on a cauldron for weeks to store their supplies for the craft.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 11th Dec 2018 at 8:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
As I said before, Pescado's interactwogreet will allow you to do pretty much anything to random passers-by without having to greet them first (also fixes the problem of being unable to buy stuff from the matchmaker on community lots). I just tested this with a playable witch and she had no problem banishing random playables and townies walking past her house. I haven't yet had the opportunity to test it on the NPCs you mention - will have to try to cheat some of them I guess.

I've found that the spells don't seem to work on "on-duty" NPCs (except for the cow mascot on occasion; I suspect that's because I'd made her momentarily selectable and the game started treating her like a regular visitor afterwards). Either they just walk away and ignore the spell, or it says something along the lines of "that person is busy."

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#53 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 8:11 PM
Good and Neutral witches also be able to "resurrect"; not just Evil. since Evil's spell brings up a zombie, Good's could imitate the "perfect" resurrection of the phone and Neutral's could imitate phone's "imperfect" resurrection.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 8:13 PM
What's an imperfect resurrection? I've only seen perfect and zombies.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#55 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
What's an imperfect resurrection? I've only seen perfect and zombies.

The personality points are reversed.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#56 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 8:30 PM
imperfect is normal sim but with "opposite" personality. in shipped version, the payment is $4128 through $8512.
University's Prima Guide has more info; chapter named "New Careers".
Mad Poster
#57 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 9:03 PM
High-level good witches are able to save lives by banishing the Grim Reaper. It's not the same as resurrection and probably no use with elder sims, but it can be helpful.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 9:19 PM
I kind of understand why they can't resurrect fully, since they're playing with death and that assiosates with black arts.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#59 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 2:36 AM
I was writing responses to each one of the attacks in this thread, which was supposed to be about TS2 Witches... And as I was typing my responses to try to set the record straight, i started thinking to myself, "NOBODY ELSE on this thread wants to read this shit!"

I have a hard time letting these things slide... It bothers me to no end, like not responding is allowing them to 'get away' with it. But i will, otherwise, i'm being part of the problem.

To those of you that have used this thread for what it was designed, discussing it's proper purpose, I'd like to say thank you for your contributions and for keeping it going, and I'd also like to apologize to you for succumbing to the petty bullshit of these nit-picky paper cut assaults.

Hope everybody has a great day!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#60 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 2:39 AM
...errrrr.....

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#61 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 2:41 AM
Already?
Mad Poster
#62 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 2:45 AM
Child witches would be a nice addition.

Alchemist
#63 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 2:56 AM
Child witches would be a nice addition.

Oooo, that would be so cute.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 3:03 AM
I can see them having a few age-specific spells, such as conjuring candy out of thin air. (Though I suspect some of the adult witches would also like to have that one.) Spectral womrats?

Theorist
#65 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 3:07 AM
What could be some child spells for Sims 2? According to the wiki Making magic had a child spell that could create cake. That'd be quite fitting for the kids in Sims 2 as well and would be a good way to make kids able to feed themselves.
Witch kids could also have like "play duels" sorta like cops and robbers only with colorful spell animations thrown in or something.

Maybe special witch pets as well? Like those baby dragons from Sims 1? Witches could create the dragon eggs in their couldrons and later on a dragon hatches, which behaves somewhat like a regular pet. Maybe giant tarantulas in terrariums?

Maybe "magic" gardening plants that can be used in the potions?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#66 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 3:20 AM
I can see them having a few age-specific spells, such as conjuring candy out of thin air. (Though I suspect some of the adult witches would also like to have that one.) Spectral womrats?
I've actually had vague plans about trying to do this for kids and toddlers, and this is what my hangup is - coming up with little witch-specific spells, besides the TS3 ones, like making toys disappear and reappear and duplicating their toys.

The one thing I'd want to do for toddlers is make them be able to summon their teddy if they have one (so the toddler could bring the bear to them if it's in another room or on a different floor) but I'm not sure that's possible with game mechanics. It'd be possible for them to create an entirely new one out of thin air, but a kid would want their own bear.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#67 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 3:22 AM
Well... How about a spell to improve grades? Or maybe an evil spell to sap a frienemy's grades a level? What about a "snowday" spell, where they can make it snow til school is canceled? How about a "no more baths!" spell, that restores their hygiene so they don't have to take baths. How about a spell to give or remove cooties? hahah... I'm thinking, the poison ivy anims, or maybe the bees?

Hmmm... Some other good kid spells? Imaginary friend spell? brings a kid-sized social bunny for them to play with? Stay up late spell? Restores a bit of the energy bar, so they don't get tired so early in the day. Kids cant have cell phones, right? Maybe a magic mirror, where they can contact other friends who also have this magical device? Maybe a "BIG" spell, so they can temporarily age up to YA or Adult? Perhaps if it backfires, they become an elder for several hours. haha. ...or an evil "you big baby!" spell, where the child can temporarily turn their parents into infants/toddlers. That would've come in handy when I was 6!

There's a lot of fun stuff that could be done with kids' spells.

EDITED TO ADD:
Quote:
The one thing I'd want to do for toddlers is make them be able to summon their teddy if they have one (so the toddler could bring the bear to them if it's in another room or on a different floor) but I'm not sure that's possible with game mechanics. It'd be possible for them to create an entirely new one out of thin air, but a kid would want their own bear.

What if you'd made the original bear vaporize, and the new bear materialize? It'd be almost as if it was summoned, if you pretend real hard!

-gE
>=)
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 3:46 AM
You could also use global 44a (inventory - visible - add item) followed by 44b (inventory - visible - get item) to ensure kids get to keep their exact same teddy bear, attributes and everything, instead of just giving them a lookalike decoy.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Field Researcher
#69 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 6:50 AM
For an imaginary friend spell, it would be cool if kids could cast it on teddy bears and end up with a NPC friend (sorta like the social bunny) that is like a big version of the bear. Think "Calvin and Hobbes"
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:09 AM
Rented-space recently made a DR of the social bunny with a 3t2 conversion of the imaginary friend, and theraven made a custom version of ja-viera's conversion of the imaginary friend doll, so if a mod working like modder described was made we could have proper TS3-style imaginary friends for TS2! Alternatively keeping the actual social bunny's outfit for that bear-in-a-bunny-costume would work quite well, and I'm sure there are bear costumes that could be used as the default for any standard teddy bear... with some well placed GUID checks and multiple outfits for the NPC to pick from different "teddys" could even be able to spawn different-looking imaginary friends.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Alchemist
#71 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
You could also use global 44a (inventory - visible - add item) followed by 44b (inventory - visible - get item) to ensure kids get to keep their exact same teddy bear, attributes and everything, instead of just giving them a lookalike decoy.
That's good to know. Thanks.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:48 AM
I really wish that some of this stuff was doable. It looks so cool.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 4:44 AM
@Radium oh man, that sounds awesome. If I knew how to mod I would totally attempt to make something like this possible, but alas...
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#74 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 5:05 AM
Well it is doable. Or a lot of it is. There are custom witches spells out there. I used to have some actually.
Alchemist
#75 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 10:34 AM
I would like an Avada Kedavra spell

what does his name even mean?
Page 3 of 4