Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 5:29 AM
I'd say B as well. Dustin will have plenty of motive to keep to his end of the bargain, but in the long run, he has to keep his nose clean or else he won't have much of a future at the rate he's going...although he'll probably immensely enjoy trying to seduce Dina Goth-who's no slouch when it comes to romantic games..as several men have found out.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 4:12 PM
B sounds exciting! There's less immediate possibility of death too, so there'll be more story to tell.
Scholar
#28 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 6:11 PM
Dustin - B. If his boss wanted him dead, he'd be dead, so giving him this one last chance makes sense.

Dina - A. In theory, B would be safer, because Don might actually be the henchman who 'took care' of Bella rather than helped her (probably is, if her hunch about Mortimer knowing where she is is correct). But if Mortimer isn't dying, there's a good chance he'd find out about the baby switch sooner or later, so Dina might think it would be worth risking it all on the possibility of getting out of harm's way, rather than living in constant fear. Plus, it messes up Dustin's last chance with the mafia if Don does turn out to be Mortimer's creature.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 3:41 PM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 27th Dec 2018 at 5:39 AM.
Default Vote on my game, part 5
I'm really loving seeing the responses from everyone. While I am following the democratic process, and I am going to go with the option that you put forth, I love the additional ideas that are getting put out. They will for sure influence my game.

Time to open the next vote!

Part 5 - Dirk Dreamer

Dirk is just finishing university. For years now, he's had a concrete plan. Once he finishes school, he will become a doctor and help cure people. After all, his mother died way too young and he wants to save as many other sims from that fate as possible.
But watching his best friend Dustin self-destruct has started to put other ideas in his head. So too has his studies, which have reminded him of all the things that he will need to be happy in life. Plus, as a student, he has had more time to himself to do things he likes - like paint.

Dirk is at a crossroads. Should he:

A - pursue the medical career and like the workaholic life, prioritizing skill building, career achievement and making money over Lilith, his friends and family, and his hobbies?
or
B - become an artist like his father before him? Try to take Lilith to the Far East as often as possible to rock then ZEN life. Meditate, do yoga, paint, enjoy life.

What should happen to Dirk?
Mad Poster
#30 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 6:17 PM
A-for the first few years. He has to make his mark on the medical field before he can relax. Once he achieves his goal, he can either retire or quit early. Besides, he's always been very interested in politics and the use of power to shape other people's lives. He could even bring to justice those who are criminal elements in town and save his best friend from a life of crime.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Scholar
#31 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 5:21 AM
Dirk: A. He's already seen his dad and Cassandra fall out over the lack of money from Darren's artistic endeavours, so he'd probably go the other way and try to keep Lilith by providing her with everything financially.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 8:29 PM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 31st Jan 2019 at 2:53 AM.
Default Conclusion of Part 2 - what happened to with Cassandra Dreamer; New Vote, Part 6 (closed)
Cassandra did not abandon her children. She spent some of the money from her father (actually managed to save some still to give the 6 kids for college) and made herself a comfortable bedroom and space that she likes.

She has plans to upgrade the kitchen and to go on a vacation. Self-care is needed even for moms who are family sims.

She and Darren are also a happier couple because she is prioritizing her job and her research over family responsibilities and he's actually making time to paint because he knows that's what she wants.

The ones who are now having a rougher time are the older daughters - teenagers should have time to go on dates, to go out with friends, to make mistakes and to relax, and Corrie, Danna and Imogen don't.

Between expectations that they will get excellent grades in school, that they will help maintain the family garden, that they all need to have part-time jobs because despite everything, money is still super tight, and that they need to help take care of their younger sisters and brother. It's a lot, and one of them is going to throw all these expectations into the wind and start getting into trouble.

Who should it be?
A - Corrie - A knowledge sim, Corrie wants to be like her mother. She loves science and nature. She does, however, wish she had more time to pursue a relationship with Jay Cox.
or
B - Danna - a fortune sim working in the entertainment industry, Danna loves to be the centre of attention. Sure, that wasn't really ever the case at home because she was a twin, so now she's considering acting out to get Mom and Dad to notice her since they are so distracted with the triplets. Sneaking out and going to nightclubs might do the trick.
or
C - Imogen - a popularity sim, and the only kids in the family without a twin or a triplet (other than Dirk, but he's SO much older, does he even count?). Imogen wants everyone she meets to like her. She wants to throw loud parties and invite over the whole neighbourhood.

Let me know who it should be! Also vote on Part 3 - Dina Goth (post # 19), Part 4 - Dustin Broke (post # 24), and Part 5 - Dirk Dreamer (post #29)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 10:00 PM
I'd say B-Danna,she seems, the girl most likely to act for attention,maybe she join the criminal career.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 1:38 PM
A for Dustin, A for Dirk and C for Imogen an party animal sim is scream for drama and randomness.
Scholar
#35 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 6:14 PM
Definitely not Corrie. I'd say Danna is the most likely, because she's so starved of attention at home and acting out would give her that. Imogen seems unlikely to act out but might go too far with a boy (if you have InTeen or some other teen pregnancy mod) because she wants him to like her.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 4:20 AM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 10th Feb 2019 at 5:23 PM.
Default Conclusions of Parts 3, 4 & 5 and now VOTE on PART 7 (now closed)
So many things happening in my game, all with your delightful help and comments.

Let's start with the Goth Household, PART 3. Dina did not tell Don Lothario about her suspicions about Mortimer, and instead arranged to have a son, no matter what. Don't worry, she didn't kidnap any children. Instead, she found a young lady named Lindsay who had gotten pregnant by some mystery guy at college (it was Dustin Broke, but neither Lindsay nor Dina know about it). For $25 000, she bought Lindsay's silence and took her son (but not her daughter).

Now Arthur is the heir of the Goth family estate. Irony is, Dina has recently actually given birth to twins, one of whom is a boy, but Lance is not going to be the heir even though he's actually Mortimer's blood.

Either way, it seems like Dina's survived her marriage. Mortimer is about a day away from death by old age, and which point Dina will discover his murder room and the urns of Bella Goth and two teenage boys who had been friends with Alexander. Don Lothario is also currently locked in that room and it remains to be seen whether he will survive it - more on that later.

PART 4
Dustin has been successfully seducing Dina. Hopefully Mortimer doesn't find out, or he will end up in the murder room himself. That's all Dustin seems to do, is try not to end up dead. Not the most exciting of lives, but he's enjoying his time with Dina. Hopefully he'll manage to get the $25 000 he owes his boss and not get fired.

PART 5
Dirk is super focused on work. When he's not skilling up, he's giving financial advice. He wants $50 000 before he and Lilith get married so they can have a nice house and a good life. No more art, and no more nonsense. Lilith is trying to be supportive, but one night she was hanging out with Dustin - Dirk wasn't around, again - and they ended up together on the couch. Not exactly what she had planned, and Dirk would be devastated if he knew that his fiancee and his best friend had messed around.

We'll see what happens next - ideas are always welcome - and remember that Part 6 (#) is still open, you can vote on which of the older Dreamer daughters (Darren and Cassasndra's kids) is going to give them a rough time during their teenage years.

Now it's time for PART 7.

Mortimer's time in Pleasantview is almost up. In his time, he only locked his wife Bella in a room in the Goth house until she starved to death and drank two teenage boys thank to the cow plant to extend his life. He could have caused more havoc but was a bit too focused having and raising 6 kids with Dina.

Of course, being an insane murderer might be genetic and it's likely that one of his kids will inherit his tendencies. We'll eliminate Cassandra - despite her less-that-perfect marriage, she didn't eliminate Darren so she's clearly not cut from the same cloth as Mortimer. Alexander also is out, since he actually died in a fire and when he was resurrected thanks to the hard work of his best friend Beau Broke, is now a very different person. Arthur, of course, also doesn't count since he's not genetically related at all

That leaves the 5 children he had with Dina. So, which one is going to grow up to use the cow plant to extend their life and other means to eliminate enemies.

Should it be:
A - Morganna. A pleasure seeking teenager, Morganna loves being able to do whatever she wants without any worries about being able to afford it. She has a great relationship with both her parents, but spends most of her time hanging out at the 50s diner downtown.
or
B - Viviane. A child whose currently obsessed with her scholastic achievement. She wants to get great grades and prove that she deserves all the wonderful things that are handed to her.
or
C - Nimuae. Though only a toddler now, she thinks she's the twin sister of Arthur, who is now the heir of the whole Goth estate. He's not actually related, but she doesn't know that. He always got more attention that she did from both of their parents.
or
D - Lance. Actually the son and heir of Mortimer Goth and the Goth estate, Lance is never going to inherit his due because of his fake older brother Arthur. Of course, he's a baby, so he doesn't know that yet, but if he does find out one day, will that make him snap?
or
E - Elaine. The youngest daughter, and still a baby, Elaine adores her twin brother Lance. She's fairly ignored by everyone else. If you think Nimuae is ignored, recognize that Elaine is often forgotten about completely.

So which of the 5 is going to go crazy.
Screenshots
Scholar
#37 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 1:16 AM
If it has to be only one, I would probably pick Elaine. If the truth comes out about Arthur, Lance's otherwise-neglected twin might well feel the need to make herself important by getting justice for her brother.

But if the madness is genetic, there could be more than one child affected, and not necessarily a child with an obvious reason. I think Lance and Viviane are good candidates, too - Lance whether or not he finds out about Arthur, because being his father's son might increase the probability of his being 'a chip off the old block', and Viviane because she's obviously inherited her father's intelligence and may become entirely obsessed with the quest for knowledge regardless of ethics.

Also, if the madness is genetic, whichever of Cassandra's children goes off the rails might also be a murderous lunatic, and not just a teen who's acting up.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 3:03 AM
I'd say that Lance is the primary pick for one who goes mad. Especially if he grows up and has a fondness for money, having been deprived of it by an imposter who he believed was his relative could break his mind.
Morganna-because she doesn't believe in working for a living, and that having money is a way of life. Once deprived of her means of support when her father dies could push her over the edge-and because she has no real 'back-up' plan to take care of herself.

But Cassandra could go off the rails as well, when she sees all the shenanigans her father was up to. Murder? Bodies in the attic? It's enough to drive anyone insane.

Field Researcher
#39 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 7:12 PM
Yeah if madness is genetic more than one is candidate for madness, I think all of them are good candidates but imo the highest ones are Morgana, Viviane and Lance. Your history is giving me ideas for changing up my game more, thanks for that btw.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyPurpleB
Yeah if madness is genetic more than one is candidate for madness, I think all of them are good candidates but imo the highest ones are Morgana, Viviane and Lance. Your history is giving me ideas for changing up my game more, thanks for that btw.

What ways are you considering changing your game? I'm curious!
Scholar
#41 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 9:25 PM
Omg its like reading Agatha Christie!
I think that its most likely that the remaining siblings would band together to eliminate the imposter

Elaine actually commits the murder.

Field Researcher
#42 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 5:15 AM
Vivianne 100%, she's going to find out about the things her dad is/was up to and just snap. She's already obsessive and a perfectionist, plus smart.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 2:25 PM
Where's the new parts? I wanna know what happens
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 12:17 AM
There will be an update soon. Sorry, I had a major glitch in my game and had to trouble shoot a bunch of stuff. I think it's fixed now, so stayed toon and am glad you are committed.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
There will be an update soon. Sorry, I had a major glitch in my game and had to trouble shoot a bunch of stuff. I think it's fixed now, so stayed toon and am glad you are committed.

Good to hear, I can't wait to see what happens
Hope you no longer have issues with your game
Good luck
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 2:51 AM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 17th Mar 2019 at 9:46 PM.
Default Conclusion of Part 6 - The Dreamers; New Vote, Part 8 - now closed
So much is happening in Pleasantview. My apologies for the delay.

The Dreamer girls - Danna, Corrie and Imogen.

Based on your votes, Corrie is a reasonable, hard worker. In fact, she spent her college years working hard and keeping out of trouble.

Danna, starved for attention, acted out and tried to get in trouble a bit - turns out her parents were too distracted by their triplet babies to notice her attempts in high school, and with Corrie's help she still managed to get into university.
At university, Danna continued to cause trouble. She joined Tri-Var Sorority, and she and Tiffany, Brittany and Heather threw the best parties, often having them shut down by the cops!
But then tragedy struck! A huge kitchen fire that all four girls got caught in killed both Tiffany and Heather and severely injured Danna and Brittany. They both flunked their terms and Tri-Var's status as an important Greek House at Sim State University was destroyed.
Corrie and Danna have moved into an apartment together, neither particularly having any more rebellious urges.

Imogen, now at university herself, is ready to take on the responsibility of being the poor decision maker of the three of them.
Since Tri-Var is NOT the place to be, Imogen's best friend Elysse (the adopted daughter of Mary-Sue and her new wife) started Annya Annya Nagard! Along with Skipper Broke (daughter of Brandi and Skip), Imogen and Elysse have become the most popular ladies on campus! Everyone wants to come to their parties. Everyone wants to be close to them.
Imogen's having a bit too much fun, and not paying enough attention either to school or to taking proper precautions in regards to birth control, may find being part of a party sorority a problem in the next couple of sims days. It remains to be seen whether she will have to drop out of school as a result.

Of course, this leads us to PART 8

Tri-Var was the best sorority on campus - the legacy Greek House. Women joined and their daughters followed. Generations joined, partied and were adored. Girls scrambled to get in regardless
All of that lies in ruins, just like the kitchen.
The tragic deaths of Heather and Tiffany, coupled with Danna and Brittany not asking for pledges for two years, forced those seeking a sorority experience to go elsewhere. Elysse's Annya Annya Nagard is the place to be, and now even legacy girls aren't sure if Tri-Var is worth the work.

Willa Burb has a choice to make. Her mother, Jennifer, and her sister, Lucy, are both Tri-Var ladies. They expect Willa to follow in their footsteps and help Brittany get Tri-Var back to being the toast of the town.
Problem is, Willa's been friends with Elysse and Skipper for years and Annya Annya Nagard seems like way more fun than having to rebuild Tri-Var.

What should Willa do?
A - Follow in her mom and sister's footsteps. Making Tri-Var a success again would be impressive to say the least. As a Romance Sim whose into the ladies, Willa would be able to recruit lots of friends with benefits as the centre of attention.
or
B - Shirk tradition and be in the hottest, newest Sorority on campus! Parties every day with a huge turn out. All the perks of having a top level Greek House! The likelihood that Lori Carr (Skipper's little sister) will join the house and be seduced...

How will she decide? Only with your help!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#47 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 11:34 PM
A- Would make sense to Willa follow her mother and sister's footsteps
Field Researcher
#48 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 3:26 AM
A! It sounds more fun to play.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 5:21 PM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 17th Mar 2019 at 9:47 PM.
Default Conclusion of Part 7 - the insanity of the Goths; New Vote, Part 9 - now closed
Mortimer Goth died at an extremely old age. He lived to see his daughter Cassandra reach elderhood and his son Alexander move home from college to take up the mantle of being heir to the Goth estate. He also had 6 more children with his second wife, Dina - Morganna, Viviane, Arthur, Nimuae, Lance and Elaine.

After his death, Alexandra and Dina were reorganizing the house. There were SO many people living there, it was impossible for Alexander who wants to marry his fiance Jerry. To make more space, they had a wall in the attic taken down, where they discovered all of the insanity of Mortimer's life lengthening devices, as well as 4 corpses - including Bella Goth and Don Lothario. Needless to say, both were shocked, devastated and appalled.

They were both pragmatic about the situation. No one could ever know that Mortimer Goth was an insane murderer. The family reputation would be ruined. So they moved all the bodies from their property to a mausoleum so no one would notice, and now they both refuse to go to the third floor of the house.

This left the problem of there still being way too many people and not enough space. Dina had no intention of giving up the house she worked so hard to get, besides which Arthur and Lance both could NOT move out as heirs to the estate. That left the girls. The four were shipped off unceremoniously to Miss Zoe's School for Girls, a boarding house in Pleasantview.

Now, as you recall Arthur is considered the heir, and only Dina knows that he is not actually her or Mortimer's son. At the moment, she is the only one who knows this. Arthur will inherit the estate from Alexander, and his legitimate children will inherit next. In fact, Mortimer wrote in the will that it would be ARTHUR who was the next heir, so any genetic tests would be useless since regardless Arthur will inherit.

The other five children all had the potential of following their father's footsteps into insanity, and based on your votes - TWO did!
For the moment, we will leave Lance aside, since he is only just a child and his insanity is not manifesting itself too much yet.

On the other hand, Viviane is calculating, desirous of Knowledge, and MAD MAD MAD MAD MAD!

So we have PART 9, Viviane's path

Being separated from her mother and from her home so quickly after her father's death was NOT a kindness to young Viviane. Unlike Morganna, who is easily adaptable as long as she is taken care of, Viviane needs things to be a certain way. She must be in control at all times, she does not appreciate plans being changed, and she is resentful particularly of Alexander for exiling her from her home.

Should she:
A - do absolutely whatever it takes, no matter what it costs or who it hurts, to reinstate herself in the Goth Estate and make herself the Mistress of the house.
or
B - write off her family - what do they matter? She is going to seek the answers to life's questions, and in doing so, learn to master Death itself!

What will Viviane decide? In the end, it's up to you!

PS, please also vote on Part 8, post #46 about Willa Burb
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 7:17 PM
I vote A on Post #46/Part 8, Willa tries to resurrect the Tri-Var sorority. I could see a not-so-friendly rivalry between the two sororities cropping up, and that has endless possibilities.

Regarding the second post, could there be a mix of both? Viviane thinks she no longer cares for her family and writes them off on the surface, but in reality her hatred for them pulses through her. She focuses her time and energy on seeking the answers to life's questions, all the while kidnapping or otherwise using her family members in her experiments. She could find an outsider to manipulate and place the blame on, or perhaps there is political turmoil to hide behind, or the Goths themselves might be willing to play dumb in all this? Anything to make others look away from Viviane.
Page 2 of 4