Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2019 at 9:04 PM
Default Monkees 8-button uniforms for Sims 2
I'm desperately seeking sites that have downloads of the 8-button uniforms worn by the group the Monkees in their TV show. I need them for the Sims 2 game. I tried making them myself, but I need the proper mesh for that. If anyone can help me, that'd be great!! Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th May 2019 at 4:09 AM
Picture?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2019 at 10:49 AM
Something like the shirts in these photos:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mon...bih=853&dpr=1.1

There is an adult male shirt that came with the base game that's close, but not quite right. It comes in red and black.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2019 at 3:22 PM
@Charity: Picture?

Have you tried the Sunshine Factory web page? If you go into the pictures tab and type in "eight button blue" where it says Search, you'll find hundreds of those pictures you can use for reference. I can also send you the picture, if you'd like.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2019 at 3:27 PM
You get the best results if you attach a picture of what you're looking for to your request post. You're the one who wants it, after all - you can't expect us to do all the work of figuring out what you want and where to get it.
Personally I won't even follow a provided link to see a picture of what's being requested. If it's too much effort for the requester to show me what they want without giving me extra steps, they don't want it enough for me to help them find it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th May 2019 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You get the best results if you attach a picture of what you're looking for to your request post. You're the one who wants it, after all - you can't expect us to do all the work of figuring out what you want and where to get it.
Personally I won't even follow a provided link to see a picture of what's being requested. If it's too much effort for the requester to show me what they want without giving me extra steps, they don't want it enough for me to help them find it.

I can send a picture to you via my computer for an idea. Would that work?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th May 2019 at 4:33 PM
It would be more helpful if you attached the picture to your post here, so everyone can see it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2019 at 6:14 PM
The Monkees had a LOT of fans and probably still do. There are photos of them in those shirts all over the web. I don't see what's wrong with all the photos in the Google link I posted.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th May 2019 at 6:17 PM
The pictures you posted are fine, but it's OP's responsibility to provide them, not yours.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th May 2019 at 6:24 PM
Who are the 'Monkees'?

OP, the bellhop uniform might be exactly what you need as a mesh at least, and then you can maybe make your own recolours? (Bare with me: I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, and since there's no picture this is just my best guess based on the other recommendations you've received.)

What's this tv programme - were they dressed as real monkeys? If so, then there's a gorilla uniform in game that's not accurate to species but might do for alternate purposes if you use your imagination. The mystery is too great not to try to solve... I'm curious! :D
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th May 2019 at 7:02 PM
Well...
Quote:
Provide Pictures:
Whenever possible, it's helpful if you can post a picture of what you're looking for.

So, there ya go. In this case it is/was possible to post a pic so it should've been done. Perhaps the OP didn't read the WCIF posting rules..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th May 2019 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Who are the 'Monkees'?

OP, the bellhop uniform might be exactly what you need as a mesh at least, and then you can maybe make your own recolours? (Bare with me: I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, and since there's no picture this is just my best guess based on the other recommendations you've received.)

What's this tv programme - were they dressed as real monkeys? If so, then there's a gorilla uniform in game that's not accurate to species but might do for alternate purposes if you use your imagination. The mystery is too great not to try to solve... I'm curious! :D

The Monkees are a band consisting of Davy Jones, Micky Dolenz, Mike Nesmith, and Peter Tork. Maybe this picture might help you out.
Screenshots
Instructor
#13 Old 15th May 2019 at 1:23 PM
This mesh might be good

You need Open for Business for it though.

Edit: I checked your profile and it looks like you have OFB, so good to go. Otherwise, the original mesh is within the OFB clothing anyway without downloading that. But there is the red texture top in the download you could use as a start. - I think there might be a red top version in the OFB clothing though anyway.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th May 2019 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2ultralover5
This mesh might be good

You need Open for Business for it though.

Edit: I checked your profile and it looks like you have OFB, so good to go. Otherwise, the original mesh is within the OFB clothing anyway without downloading that. But there is the red texture top in the download you could use as a start. - I think there might be a red top version in the OFB clothing though anyway.

Thanks so much! You are a godsend. One question, though: How do I turn it into a real shirt with a detachable bib since I don't have the program called Milkshape? I'm no expert on making meshes myself. Thanks in advance.
Instructor
#15 Old 15th May 2019 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimBeatle1979
Thanks so much! You are a godsend. One question, though: How do I turn it into a real shirt with a detachable bib since I don't have the program called Milkshape? I'm no expert on making meshes myself. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I don’t know how to mesh. I just recolour. You can recolor it in MS paint, that’s what I use.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th May 2019 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2ultralover5
Sorry, I don’t know how to mesh. I just recolour. You can recolor it in MS paint, that’s what I use.

Is there anyone who does? I really need it to be an original mesh I can recolor and give full credit to for each recolor. I'm even offering to help with it. Thanks in advance.
Instructor
#17 Old 15th May 2019 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimBeatle1979
Is there anyone who does? I really need it to be an original mesh I can recolor and give full credit to for each recolor. I'm even offering to help with it. Thanks in advance.

What if it was just the outfit with the button bib, undetachable? Would that be good?
Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th May 2019 at 7:39 AM
Are you sure that the buttons are detachable? They look like part of the shirt. What would the shirt look like without the buttons? Just an ordinary shirt?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th May 2019 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Are you sure that the buttons are detachable? They look like part of the shirt. What would the shirt look like without the buttons? Just an ordinary shirt?

It's the bib that should be detachable, not the buttons. Thanks in advance.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 16th May 2019 at 1:48 PM
@SimBeatle1979 You don't have to attach the image more than once; we already have the image in post #12 so you can remove the image attached to post #18.
Because you attached the image several times, a moderator had to delete your posts made on 14 May.