Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2019 at 1:59 AM Last edited by smoothsims : 16th May 2019 at 11:45 PM.
Default Extracting Plant Recolors From Custom Worlds [Solved]
Hi Simmers, I am trying to obtain a recolor of a plant from a custom world in which the creator is no longer active in the community. I pulled the world into S3PE and saw other dds files for other plants she recolored, but I was not able to find the one I was looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to export custom recolors of plants from custom worlds?

Edit: Tried Norn's suggestion of exporting all img files, found what I was looking for going through them in Photoshop. I somehow missed the file yesterday looking in s3pe. Thanks so much again, guys for responding.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th May 2019 at 7:01 AM Last edited by Norn : 16th May 2019 at 10:34 AM.
Your method is the one I know of. Sometimes the resources loose their names in the process of world making so specific files are hard to find. Worst case you will have to export all IMG resources to files with S3PE and then look at each single one in a graphics program or another program that can display dds-files (e.g. windows texture viewer).
dodgy builder
#3 Old 16th May 2019 at 8:52 AM
Take a picture and use the eyedropper in Photoshop to copy the name of the color. That is what I do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th May 2019 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Your method is the one I know of. Sometimes the resources loose their names in the process of world making so specific files are hard to find. Worst case you will have to export all IMG resources to files with S3PE and then look at each single one in a graphics program or another program that can display dds-files (e.g. windows texture viewer).

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Take a picture and use the eyedropper in Photoshop to copy the name of the color. That is what I do.

Thank you Norn and Volvenom for your response, I figured that was the only way to obtain the plant recolor. I will go back through the IMG files as Norn suggested l, if no success I will do as Volvenom suggested. It's unfortunate I've become obsessed with the look if the pampas plant recolor. Wish me luck lol