Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Linguist Career

by StormyWarrior8 Posted 22nd Oct 2019 at 11:22 PM

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 11:26 PM
This is one of the most fully fleshed out careers I have seen! You seem to have intimate knowledge of the field, and it works so well. Great job
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
This is one of the most fully fleshed out careers I have seen! You seem to have intimate knowledge of the field, and it works so well. Great job

I'm working in that field. I'm actually an author and a translator, so, yes, I know very well that field. Thanks a lot for your nice comment! Really appreciated it!
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 2:49 PM
I love that you've put a lot of work into this career, it's extremely well put together. You've done a really good job of it.

However, I hate to be that person, but in your screenshots you have 'Writed Stylistic Editing Summary' as a moodlet. Writed isn't the correct past tense of write, it would be 'Wrote Stylistic Editing Summary' instead.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meevers
I love that you've put a lot of work into this career, it's extremely well put together. You've done a really good job of it.

However, I hate to be that person, but in your screenshots you have 'Writed Stylistic Editing Summary' as a moodlet. Writed isn't the correct past tense of write, it would be 'Wrote Stylistic Editing Summary' instead.

Lol you're right! Sorry, I'm French, so sometimes I make mistakes in English. But I'll correct it before the upload of the next version thanks for pointing it out to me!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 5:52 PM
This is a marvelous career. So much effort put into it! A former friend of mine majored in Linguistics.
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 7:17 PM Last edited by Saighnean : 23rd Oct 2019 at 7:32 PM.
Beautifully done, I love the depth of these careers (basically 6 related but different ones) and the thought that went into creating them!
It is quite obvious you really enjoyed puting this career mod together. Merci beaucoup de le partager avec nous!

The only, minor change I probably would have made (and I wouldn't even know how to make a career mod in the first place, I might add here), is to keep the book titles Sims 4-style distorted/allusive, but that is no big deal at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Saighnean
Beautifully done, I love the depth of these careers (basically 6 related but different ones) and the thought that went into creating them!
It is quite obvious you really enjoyed puting this career mod together. Merci beaucoup de le partager avec nous!

The only, minor change I probably would have made (and I wouldn't even know how to make a career mod in the first place, I might add here), is to keep the book titles Sims 4-style distorted/allusive, but that is no big deal at all.

That's a good idea actually. I will think about it and, if I manage to find something to replace them, I will update the titles for the next version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 9:48 PM
Amazing work! Thanks a bunch :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 2:57 AM
Love this career! It's my favorite one. I like how you added extra requirements like study dictionary etc for promotions. Hope to see more in the future. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 5:16 AM
This is literally one of the best custom careers I have EVER seen! I've never seen a custom career with so mush detail. There must of been so more effort put into this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 6:10 PM Last edited by TizzieK : 24th Oct 2019 at 8:44 PM.
I really love this mod, but I can't seem to be able to write a style sheet on the computer. :/

- EDIT: never mind, I fixed it!
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TizzieK
I really love this mod, but I can't seem to be able to write a style sheet on the computer. :/

- EDIT: never mind, I fixed it!

Can you tell me how you fixed it? THat's the only issue I'm having too! I love this mod it's so well put together!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melinda1298
Can you tell me how you fixed it? THat's the only issue I'm having too! I love this mod it's so well put together!

Is it because it doesn't appear in the menu? If so, try to reload the game. Someone had about the same issue and, when he restarted the game, it finally appeared.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 11:26 AM
thanks
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 4:31 AM
Are there plans to update this mod? I absolutely adore it, but 1.58 broke so, so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 12:26 AM
Great career and thanks for putting so much effort into it. I just have one question, I don't see Research Grammar on the computer. Am I looking in the wrong place? (Web > Research)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 3:36 PM
does this still work after the patch update??
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Feb 2020 at 11:17 AM
I can't seem to find the grammar rules on the computer and it won't pop up to study the dictionary.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 3:04 PM
Will this be updated? This seems like a really cool mod, and I really wanna try it!
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 7:38 PM
Same! I'm a linguist as well (accent/dialect coach) and I LOVE this! I really want to download this but I'm afraid it won't work.
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 10:56 AM
Please say you'll update this It looks so wonderful! But after Eco Lifestyle all custom careers seem to be broken/need to be updated. You put so much work into this, I really want to be able to use it
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iJoeyMonster
I can't seem to find the grammar rules on the computer and it won't pop up to study the dictionary.

Same. Nor can I study the dictionary. The last sims update seems to have obliterated so many career mods.
Instructor
#24 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:08 AM
:!: Needs Updating :!:
This mod was never updated for the June 2020, or November 2020 updates. Anyone wanting to update this mod for personal use will require Zerbu's Mod Constructor V4.
Also, while it states that XML Injector v2 is required, the XML Injector has been updated a few times now. The current version of The Sims 4 (1.69) must have XML INJECTOR v4. This will be the case for any career mod that needs the XML Injector.
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 4:20 PM
Hi! I am having trouble getting my sim to go to work. Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 2