Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 10:48 AM
Default My hoodie get's lines in between polygons
Hey guys! I've recently done a hoodie that i am fairly proud of. What do you think?

One thing that bothers me are the white lines. Something is wrong with the mesh and I can't find a tutorial. Can you point me in the right direction while adding some feedback on this piece?
Screenshots
Attached Images

Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 6:40 PM
It looks like some of the vertices/faces may not be lining up properly. When you click on Sims 4 at the top of the page, it will give you a link to tutorials. Here's the CAS clothing section here on MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...orials#Clothing and kotii over at Sims 4 Studio has made a list of relevant tutorials here: http://sims4studio.com/thread/9429/...tutorial-master

I hope that helps! Otherwise, someone else may have more exact suggestions for you
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 8:34 PM
OR - is it white on all the different colors? Or are the lines the same color as the hoodie... cuz if so, you more than likely have a tiny bit of the hoodie texture in that area of the map, which would show up like that. (If the lines ARE white on all textures - then I have no idea, lol.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 11:57 AM
It might be duplicate vertices in one location. Try selecting that area in blender and going to tools --> delete duplicate vertices
Let me know if you need a screenshot of where that is. I know blender can be... messy.

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 4:56 PM
Sorry for late respons! Yes, the colors varies based on the color of the hoodie. So the problem is that I can see straight through the mesh. I tried to remove duplicates (I tried both selecting all in the area, and going through one by one) but no vertices were deleted.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 6:31 AM
If you want to upload your blender file, I could look at it for you.

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 8:57 PM
Sure thing!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  My great hoodie troubles.zip (3.68 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 9:36 AM
I have noticed this on other files as well, like the summer thin strapped dress. But there I didn't even change the mesh. It was the maxis original.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 12:29 PM Last edited by NintendoLover13 : 21st Nov 2019 at 1:13 AM.
Sorry I am just now getting back to this. I will open the file today and see if I can find anything.

Edit:
A couple of things I noticed:
I highlighted the problem areas at the neck and shoulder area and was able to delete some duplicate vertices there (you need to have all vertices visible - not just the front facing ones. This button is to the right of the set of vertex select, edge select, and face select buttons).
So I looked at this mesh, and see that there are 6 layers to it. I would use Cmar's TS4 CAS Tools and use ymTop_TshirtCrew as a base for the package file (since it has 1 mesh group for all LODs). I would then combine all your groups into one in your blender file (go to object mode and then shift click all of the "s4studio_mesh"s in the scene window. Go to the 3d model viewer and hit ctrl + j), make sure the geom's cut is 0000 and save this blender file as a duplicate so it won't overwrite what you currently have (in case you don't like how it turned out or it doesn't make a difference). I would then select the whole mesh or just the mesh's connection points and delete duplicate vertices (make sure you have the back vertices visible - like I mentioned before). Having all your mesh groups in one group will help determine if you have UV maps slightly out of alignment and if you have vertices out of alignment as well.

I hope this helps; if you need more guidance, I can try fixing it for you but I thought you might want to learn how to do it yourself?

The hoodie looks really nice and I would hate for you to give up on it this far!

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Tartan McBadgerface
#10 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 10:01 AM
Hi,

This actually happens to EA items, including sims' faces. I've read before that it could be a graphical issue with high end cards and this suggestion does make sense as I've started to see it since upgrading mine.