Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2020 at 5:34 PM
Default How do I change the animations of the gondola from The Sims 3 Store
Hello!!!
I am trying to change the animations of the gondola from the Store.
I only want to change the animations of the sim standing, who drives the gondola. I want to change the animation for another that I have that shows the sim sitting in the gondola like the other two sims.
I have changed the standing sim animations, putting the same name as the original but it doesn't work. I thought there was no need to change the script, nor the Jazz file because the store package, has the clips within the package file.
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong please?

I attach the package in this thread

Thank you very much
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SIL_FANTASY_GONDOLA_Boat_CA9D5CE6.rar (9.50 MB, 8 downloads)
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 18th May 2020 at 8:34 AM
Hiya!

Did you, inside of Blender when you export it, also export it with the right name? (So the name of the clip file you overwrote). Because the way how Jazz scripts work, is that they take the name *inside* of the CLIP file in order to run it. 
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2020 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hiya!

Did you, inside of Blender when you export it, also export it with the right name? (So the name of the clip file you overwrote). Because the way how Jazz scripts work, is that they take the name *inside* of the CLIP file in order to run it. 

Hello!!! You mean this one:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2020 at 9:01 PM
I changed it and I put the name of the animation I wanted to replace and the name of the file was the same name like the original file.
I tried to do it twice. The first one, I imported the file in sims3pi and the second one, I replaced the file in sims3pi. None of them worked.
I'm sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue so I don't know if my explanation is well written and easy to understand.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 21st May 2020 at 9:50 AM
Just out of curiousity, how do you import them into your package? I just took a peep into the JAZZ file and a lot of the CLIP files you have in your package aren't actually linked with the JAZZ. 

I did make a tutorial on overriding textures, but I use the same exact method for literally everything (meshes, CLIPs, ITUNs, Etc) So as long as you follow the texture bit but along with your CLIP file, it might do the trick: http://modthesims.info/t/579498

Two things are important here:
1. Make sure that the Instance is the same as the CLIP file you're overriding with your animation
2. The name inside the CLIP needs to be the same.

The way I would have tackled it would be something like:
1. You export EA's CLIP file you want to modify
2. Go into Blender, open the afrig blend and highlight the entire rig/bones (the bendable bits). 
3. Go into the 'scene' menu (it's in the menu bar with the camera, bone icon, chain icon, etc). Right at the bottom you should see "S3Py Animation Tools". Choose "Load CLIP"
4. Import EA's CLIP. 
5. This really depends on how much you're changing, but from here we're going to either remove all the saved keyframes, OR Edit them. 
6. After that, you go to Export > Export CLIP. The name should be in the name box already and don't change that. 
7. Save it into your work folder
8. Go back to your Package, and drag and drop the CLIP file you saved.
9. If the old CLIP File has been struck through, (So like this: 0x6B20C4F3-0x00000000-0xF400AEDE29942E9D ) then you know you did it correctly!

Hopefully that does the trick!