The Sims 3 Programmer's Reference
This is the top-level document for an in-progress reference to the DLLs contained within the gameplay.package and scripts.package files that exist in the Game\Bin directory of each TS3 game, SP(Stuff Pack) or EP (Expansion Pack).
It is also worth noting that existing functions can vary between editions, so if you want to contribute to this documentation, please mention which edition you are referencing.
For your reference, versioning goes in this order (oldest to newest):
- The Sims 3 - 1.x
- The Sims 3: World Adventures (EP) - 2.x
- The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff (SP) - 3.x
- The Sims 3: Ambitions (EP) - 4.x
- The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff (SP) - 5.x
- The Sims 3: Late-Night (EP) - 6.x
As you can see, whilst Stuff Packs don't tend to add anything other than objects, EA do nonetheless take them as an opportunity to update the game's code, therefore, please be sure to make a mention of which edition the method/class/member is known to definitely be correct for if you are going to provide a usage.
In terms of providing usage information, the best presentation method to follow is that of MSDN for C# functions, although by no means do you have to rigidly follow it, it's at least helpful to put parameters, overloads and the return values in their own sections.
The Main Listing
- ScriptCore.dll - Contains all P/Invoke functions necessary for interacting with the game's EXE, functions and classes are pretty low-level.
- SimIFace.dll - Contains classes dealing with interfaces for various parts of the game interface, CAS, BuildBuy etc, also deals with some animation.
- Sims3GameplayObjects.dll - Contains classes for various in-game objects and some related actions.
- Sims3GameplaySystems.dll - Contains classes for making the Sim world go round; actions, interactions, events etc.
- Sims3Metadata.dll - Contains classes dealing with textures, colours, patterns and resources.
- UI.dll - deals with visuals and menus for interfaces, mostly ties in with SimIFace.dll
|Modding Reference by Category|