More Chimney Recolors by request ;) Maxis Bricks
Uploaded 14th Apr 2008 at 11:41 PM · Updated 17th May 2008 at 12:43 AM by Kimsie : Updated links
I just realized some of the wallpapers came with expansion packs. I've updated the info about which ones it is.
This time I've made recolors matching Maxis bricks. Enjoy!
Names from the left: Industrio Brick Wall - Brickfest Wall came with OFB - Justin Uther Brick Wall Treatment - "Backhanded Compliment" Brick Wall Treatment - Coursing Soldier Bricks - Coursing Soldier Bricks in Gray - Industrio Brick Wall Basic Wall Came with UNI
How to use:
First of all, you need the or the chimneys won't be recolourable at all.
Put your fireplace where you want it. If you move it after you recolored it, the chimney will revert to the red bricks. Then, in Buy or Build Mode, select the Design Tool. Click on the chimney, and the recolors will appear. There are quite a few parts to the chimney and they all need to be recolored separately.
If you experience any problems or oddities, please let me know.
I got a few requests and ended up creating chimney recolors matching all of Maxis outdoor wallpapers (the ones I consider outdoor, that is). There are quite a few recolors, but they're named after their corresponding wallpaper, and you can easily delete the ones you don't want and keep only your favourites. These are the existing sets. If you have any other requests, let me know and I’ll have a look at it.
- Bricks Set - Matching Maxis' brick wallpapers: "Backhanded Compliment" Brick Wall Treatment, Brickfest OFB, Coursing Soldier Bricks, Coursing Soldier Bricks in Gray, Industrio Brick Wall, Industrio Brick Wall Basic UNI & Justin Uther Brick Wall Treatment.
- Timber Siding Set - Matching Maxis' Siding wallpapers Shiver Me Timbers Wood Siding: Army, Bionic Blue, Clay, Grey Slate, Harvest Gold, Ice Blue, Russet & Violet Mist.
- Vinyl Siding Set - Matching Maxis' Siding wallpapers Virtous Vinyl Siding: Coral, Cornflower, Cream, Fog, Ice Blue, Mint, Violet Mist
- Scallop Set - NL Matching the Scallop Wall Shingles wallpapers made by Maxis: Blue, Green, Light Wood, Medium Wood, Orange, Pink, White, Yellow
- Simply Siding Set - Matching Maxis' two simply siding wallpapers, and two others: Duraluminium Siding, Simply Siding in "Hamster", Simply Siding in "Salt", "Wütherbetten" Siding
- Wood Siding Set - Matching Maxis' wood sidings that didn't really fit in any other category: "Naughty Pine" Siding, "Shingle Bells" Wood Shingles, Shingles by Fairytale2You NL, Wood Clapboard OFB, Wood Clapboard Again OFB, Wood Clapboard Reloaded OFB & Wood Clapboard Repeated OFB
- Southwestern Style Stucco Set - UNI Matching Maxis' poured wallpapers "Southwestern Style" Stucco: Banana, Coral, Vanilla, Brick Red, Adventurous White & Calming Blue.
- Stucco Set - Matching Maxis' poured wallpapers Stucco: Cobalt, Craft Work Plastering, Fawn, Honey Pot, Latte, Paste, Putty NL, Rich Rose NL, Sand Dune, Sea Breeze NL, Shadow Grey, Sunshine NL & Way off White
- Masonry Set - Matching Maxis' Masonry Wallpapers: Blunt Opinion Stone Wall UNI, "Brownstone's Revenge" Basic Masonry, Cinders of Joy OFB, Fay's Fieldstone, "Latipsoh" Green Cinderblocks UNI, "Latipsoh" Slate Grey Cinderblocks UNI, "Running the Rapids" Rock Wall UNI , Sandstone Brick OFB, "Say No More" Wall in Grey Stone UNI, "Sedate Stone" Red Stone Wall UNI, "Sedimentary, My Dear" Ashlar Treatment, SlackCo Cinderblocks NL, "Soft Rock" Faux Stone Blocks, "Stack 'Em Up" Stone Wall UNI, "Wall of Thunder" Red Stone Wall UNI
If you like my work, please hit the Thanks-button.
Numenor for making the chimneys recolorable
The creators of
Size: 209.3 KB · Downloads: 17,571 · 15th Apr 2008
|209.3 KB||17,571||15th Apr 2008|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
You may recolor my creations, but please give credit.
You may not upload my creations and claim them as yours.
You may not upload any of my creations to a pay site. Keep it free!
You may not upload any of my creations to the Exchange.