MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
"Metropolis Apartments" by boolPropped (UPDATED 10/23/2008)
by beeps Posted 2nd Sep 2008 at 10:13 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2009 at 11:44 PM by boolPropped
803 Thanks Thanks 65 Favourited
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
The inspiration for this building began well before the release of Apartment Life. About 3 years ago, when I first started playing TS2, I found a picture of a modest studio apartment room. I don't know what it was about that studio, but I loved it. I printed out a picture of it and kept it, intending to reproduce it into my own game eventually. With the release of AL, I decided that this was the perfect time to incorporate that studio into an apartment building. Thus was born "Metropolis Apartments."
"Metropolis Apartments" include 6 apartment units with rent ranging from §785-§1,538 per week. On the first floor of the building, there are 2 full studio units at the back of the building. The two units in the front of the building are two-level, connected by spiral staircases. The first level of these units hold the kitchen and living room areas, while the upper level has two bedrooms and one bathroom. The two studio units on the second floor of the building use the layout of the apartment that inspired me so long ago.
(Second floor studio)
(Kitchen of a ground unit)
(Living room ofa ground unit)
The inside common areas of the apartment are limited to two foyers, one per floor, which support an elevator and staircase and community trash chutes. On the other hand, the backyard common area has a lot to offer! There is a basketball court, swimming pool, BBQ area, chess table, side yard and playground.
The .rar Files
I have included two .rar files for this upload. They are two different versions of the building.
MetropolisApartmentsV2.rar - Fully furnished, zoned as apartment
MetropolisResidentialV2.rar - Unfurnished, zoned as residential
The reason I included two versions of this lot is if you want to edit the outdoor common areas or the fences (etc) or furnish starting with a clean slate without having to re-zone the lot a zillion times from apartment to residential back to apartment. So do with the versions as you wish
- This apartment has been play-tested!
- Floorplans for unfurnished version attached
- Unfurnished residential version costs §72,196
- Elevator Issue - Apparently I used the elevator "connector" shaft on the upper level, so it wasn't operational. I have fixed this issue, and Sims will now be able to use the elevator to travel to all floors (in both the apartment and residential versions).
- Mailbox Placement - The mailbox was also moved a bit. I noticed that carpools pulled up to the mailbox and blocked Sims from getting out of the car.
Lot Size: 2x4
Lot Price: §785-§1,538
Custom Content Included:
- Simply Brick Collection by kittyispretty69
- Plate Glass window by Marina
- Plate Glass window (recolor 1) by Marina
- Plate Glass window (recolor 2) by Marina
- Plate Glass window (recolor 3) by Marina
- Plate Glass window (recolor 4) by Marina
Thank you to the Simmer whose original apartment inspired me!
Metropolis Residential V2.rar
Size: 985.6 KB · Downloads: 1,394 · 15th Mar 2009
Metropolis Apartments V2.rar
Size: 1.02 MB · Downloads: 4,635 · 15th Mar 2009
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents