Skill Building Toy Garage
Uploaded 1st Jan 2009 at 8:31 PM · Updated 8th Aug 2014 at 4:29 PM by leefish
In the dolls house children play with little dolls - these dolls are coded into the object so I made an alternative set of toy cars. Unfortunately, I had to use the existing animations so the animations of the sims holding the cars is not a perfect match; but better than using dolls in a garage, right?
The toddler animations came out ok - the toddler puts the car in their mouth and shakes their head etc just like the doll house
The garage functions ALMOST exactly the same as the doll house - adults, elders and teens can join the children in play, but do not start playing with the garage on their own, the difference is that children and toddlers build mechanical skill when playing with it.. Teens and older do not build skill as that would be silly, but their fun increases just like the dolls house.
You must have the garage and the garage cars in your downloads folder for the little cars to show in game; the cars are NOT visible anywhere in the toy catalogue as they are part of the garage. If you do not put the cars in the downloads folder then the sims will have empty hands.
The garage can be found in the catalogue with the rest of the toys and costs 120 simoleons (it costs less than the doll house because a Sim dad made it out of bits of wood so it is cheaper )
If you use the garage in a lot
Please be sure that you package the garage and the little cars and give DL'ers a link to this thread just in case
Garage polys 380 intact, 488 broken
Car polys = 110 per car
Custom Content by Me:
- Toy cars for Garage
- Bits O'Wood Garage
Maylin- for the incredible texture she made for me - it made such a difference to the object I class her as a co-creator on this object. Thank you again, it is kindnesses to others like this which makes MTS2 such an amazing place to be.
Echo for writing the BHAV tutorials and then checking my BHAV and telling me which line I had missed - Thank you of course, and MTS2 for giving me a place to share my stuff.
UPDATE 2014 : The garage now shows on community lots and can be placed on OFB shelves.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||garagetoycars.package (inside garage.rar)|
|Filename||bits_o_wood_garage.package (inside garage.rar)|
|Title||Bits O'Wood Garage|
|Description||This garage is meant for children to act out fantasies of driving cars. This homemade garage made of scraps of wood and lots of love comes complete with cars and has a surprising effect on mechanical skill. Don't be surprised if hours upon hours are spent enjoying this little world. Cars are painted with lead free paint and will survive a toddlers teeth.|
Size: 240.1 KB · Downloads: 73,803 · 1st Jan 2009
|240.1 KB||73,803||1st Jan 2009|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
In addition to all the things I have uploaded to MTS I also have a site of my own, leefish.nl. We have free downloads from various creators and accept Sims related uploads from members. Click on the link below to visit the site.
Extra Policy Information
Please feel free to use my meshes in your lots as long as you give me credit for it and please do not share elsewhere as your own work.
The only exception to my policy for uploading with lots is the milk bottle door changer, which should not be uploaded in a lot.
Feel free to include any of my meshes in mesh packs etc in your uploads EXCEPT for on Pay Sites.
If you use my items I would love to know about it, but you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.