Grungy Victorian (you had me at hello) - 11 pattern set
Uploaded 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:05 AM · Updated 21st Jul 2009 at 2:58 PM by robokitty
This is a set of 11 patterns in a dirty, grungy, faded, yucky Victorian theme. Each pattern has either 3 or 4 colors and a separate dirt layer. The layers include 1 or 2 pattern fade layers that blend with the base color, so you can get a multi-dimensional faded/dirty/neon/whatever effect.
Randomly zoinked the names of each pattern from Pride & Prejudice b/c it's the only Victorian era book I remember enough about, and even then it's all fuzzy for me. Enjoy!
armchair - Bingly
bed - Mrs. Bennet
rug - Mr. Bennet
loveseat - Kitty
wall - Lydia
armchair - Elizabeth
bed - Caroline
rug - Mary
loveseat - Jane
left wall - Mr. Darcy
right wall - Mr. Collins
Check other pics for additional recolors. Located in Fabrics.
A kind person over PM has alerted me that P&P was actually not in the Victorian era, which is a little disheartening to me since... well, I guess you can't trust everything you learn in your high school honors English classes, huh? In any case, I acknowledge the error, but the misnomer will remain because I am SO not renaming all those files and redoing graphics.
Thanks to Delphy & Hysterical Paroxysm for the nifty program and tutorial. Several of the damask designs were taken from http://pixelsandicecream.deviantart.com/ and http://insurrectionx.deviantart.com/
In-Game Category: Fabric
Size: 274.7 KB · Downloads: 1,743 · 23rd Jun 2009
|274.7 KB||1,743||23rd Jun 2009|
Size: 249.6 KB · Downloads: 1,436 · 23rd Jun 2009
|249.6 KB||1,436||23rd Jun 2009|
Size: 254.6 KB · Downloads: 1,462 · 23rd Jun 2009
|254.6 KB||1,462||23rd Jun 2009|
Size: 209.1 KB · Downloads: 1,505 · 23rd Jun 2009
|209.1 KB||1,505||23rd Jun 2009|
Size: 251.9 KB · Downloads: 1,522 · 23rd Jun 2009
|251.9 KB||1,522||23rd Jun 2009|
Size: 236.5 KB · Downloads: 1,397 · 23rd Jun 2009
|236.5 KB||1,397||23rd Jun 2009|
Size: 252.1 KB · Downloads: 1,593 · 23rd Jun 2009
|252.1 KB||1,593||23rd Jun 2009|
Size: 201.5 KB · Downloads: 1,663 · 23rd Jun 2009
|201.5 KB||1,663||23rd Jun 2009|
Size: 176.1 KB · Downloads: 1,674 · 23rd Jun 2009
|176.1 KB||1,674||23rd Jun 2009|
Size: 205.4 KB · Downloads: 1,599 · 23rd Jun 2009
|205.4 KB||1,599||23rd Jun 2009|
Size: 169.9 KB · Downloads: 2,031 · 23rd Jun 2009
|169.9 KB||2,031||23rd Jun 2009|
| All 11 patterns
Size: 2.42 MB · Downloads: 44,816 · 23rd Jun 2009
|2.42 MB||44,816||23rd Jun 2009|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: