Buyable Fishing Spawners *UPDATED*
Uploaded 24th Jul 2009 at 2:09 AM · Updated 26th Jul 2009 at 8:16 PM by Snaitf
EDIT - Yes, you could always fish at home, but these allow you to catch fish that you couldn't before.
Simply go into Build mode and find all the fishing spawners under the 'Rocks' category (there are no miscellaneous or fishing categories, so I simply chose rocks.) And place them in a pond. Placing them in a pool or on solid ground does nothing.
EDIT - Seems I'm wrong, placing them on solid ground does NOT do nothing. When the spawner is placed, it is placed underground. So placing a spawner, then digging a pond over that spot will still get the fish to show up. And leveling your pond does not delete the fish, it simply hides them.
They can't be seen once placed, but if they were placed in a pond, they can still be picked up and moved, just kinda wave your pointer around until you can click on them.
They don't have any discernable thumbnails, but the titles are fairly self-explanatory. Each spawner is labeled as to what fish can be caught. For example "Fishing Spawner Lake Common 1" or "Fishing Spawner Lake Common 2" will have the freshwater common fish.
They are free to place.
They do NOT replace any original content, I simply created a clone of each spawner and enabled them in build mode under the rocks category.
For a list of which fish appear as common, uncommon, rare, lake (fresh water), and ocean (salt walter), and what skill levels you need to catch them, click here.
I've tested these and found no problems, but if you find something I haven't, please let me know.
I've replaced the ugly 'box' tumbnails with some more appropriate ones. That way they won't be confused with the other spawners (beetles, rocks, butterflies, etc) that I will be doing soon.
Just redownload and replace/overwrite the original.
Thanks to Srikandi for ideas, testing, carifications, etc.
Title: Fishing Spawner9
Description: Spawner fishing generic
Description: Spawner fishing generic
TS3 Build Object - Buyable Fishing Spawners - Snaitf.rar
Size: 5.1 KB · Downloads: 29,053 · 24th Jul 2009
|5.1 KB||29,053||24th Jul 2009|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
by TOTO & NONO