Add Colour to your Homes: 3 new Recolours ot the Sandstone Tiles Roof
Uploaded 15th Aug 2009 at 12:37 AM · Updated 1st Mar 2012 at 7:38 AM by Yogi-Tea : checked all files for compatibility with game version 11.0.84.014017
*Edit (2010-04-25): All files were checked with the newest update version (3.2.6.005001) - they still work fine in game and can be used both with the base game and also with the latest expansion pack "Luxury Accessoires", however, no expansion pack is required for these files.
With this download you'll be able to chose from 3 completely new colours of the sandstone tile roof patterns. The good news is: they don't replace any default roof patterns and they all show up in game with their own thumbnail pictures.
Please note that these new roof patterns won't automatically be included in your packaged lot if you export it from your game. The new roof pattern needs to be installed for showing up with your lot in game.
Add colour to your Sims3 homes with these new roofs!
Peter and Inge Jones for their great talent and for creating the amazing tool S3PE
Peter and Inge Jones - again - for the incredibly awesome Object Cloner S3OC
Xanathon for the Tutorial: Clone A Painting [...]
All MTS Creators who continuously create amazing new stuff for the Sims and share their knowledge with all others. Big thanks to all of you. Your efforts are highly appreciated!
No metadata could be extracted from this file
| Please follow instructions for installing package files to your game
Size: 721.5 KB · Downloads: 6,639 · 15th Aug 2009
|721.5 KB||6,639||15th Aug 2009|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
If you are seeking help, please ask in the Help Forum or elsewhere. I won't be able to respond to PMs. Sorry. :-(