MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Manoir Creux de Mur (Hollow Wall Manor) - Medieval Challenge 2010
by KittyRobbie Posted 16th Apr 2010 at 10:06 PM - Updated 24th Jun 2016 at 1:01 PM by KittyRobbie : how could I forget the awesomeness of plasticbox?? added Simple Kitchen info and link; also fixed wrong link info for EsmeraldaF's Medieval Loveseat; fixed dead link bc it's been 6 yrs yo
Here's my entry for the Medieval Challenge, never built anything like this before! Exterior photos of the Manoir du Plessis Josso were my jumping off point, and I tried to keep to the basic layout of the buildings because I thought it looked nice and Medieval-y. When it came to the interior, I found some useful information on the Medieval Life and Times page about manor houses, and went from there.
This is called Manoir Creux de Mur (Hollow Wall Manor) because I felt bad leaving all the dead space in between the supposedly 3 feet thick stone walls of the manor inaccessible, so I've used doors and stairs to make them usable "secret passageways" for your Sims... or your Sims servants more likely... "You mean I can get from my poorly appointed chamber to the stable to muck it out, without even going outside?! Thank you my Lord!"
Manoir Creux de Mur is built on a 40x40 lot, is §156,653 furnished and §115,869 unfurnished. The house and grounds feature:
- Great Hall Dining Room and Sitting Room, for all your medieval plotting needs.
- Huge Kitchen for roasting whole oxen.
- Buttery with all the mead and ale you could ever slosh down your front.
- Pantry for your perishables before they spoil and you give them to your servants to throw at the Royals.
- Servants' Solar (living and sleeping quarters), so they don't throw the rotten fruit and veg at you.
- Watch Tower and Crenelated Ramparts to espy and keep out the angry hoards.
- Private Solar for you and your family, because really, it's tough being the Lord of the Manor, and you deserve some peace.
- Garderobe so you don't smell like the stable.
- And chamber pots for all!
Hope you like it! I definitely had fun building it!
Medieval Sim tested, Medieval Sim approved.
Lot Size: 4x4
Lot Price: §156,653/§115,869
The following people and things are way awesome:
Simple Kitchen – Counters, Islands, Cabinets by plasticbox http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=393576
Sims 2 Medieval Loveseat Conversion by EsmeraldaF http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=398886
Medieval Living Room Set - Sims 2 Conversion by EsmeraldaF http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396772
Medieval Dining Table and Chairs - Sims 2 Conversion by EsmeraldaF http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396642
The Fourth Element For Sims 3 by joninmobile http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=395866
Medieval double and single beds from the Sims 2 by TheJim07 http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=397467
Royal Goblet and Peasant Bowls meshes by -Maylin- http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=397404
Hollow Wall Manor.rar
Size: 2.27 MB · Downloads: 2,021 · 16th Apr 2010
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents