Australian Eucalyptus Tree
Uploaded 17th Jul 2010 at 4:12 AM · Updated 6th Sep 2010 at 6:34 AM by comcal : typo
It has two recolourable parts, the trunk and the foliage. I've included one recolour for both parts. See screenshots.
This mesh is slightly high poly so please use sparingly if you don't have a good GPU. The poly count on this tree isn't far off from Maxis trees of similar size. I've made the tree so it sits on four tiles and also made it so sims don't walk through it like ghosts. Four tiles means a max poly limit of 3200 (800 per tile), which I am under.
The tree can be found in Build Mode/Garden Center/Trees for all lot types. This is cloned from the basegame palm tree. Costs §300.
The 7z files I have uploaded will open in any popular achiever such as WinZIP, and 7-Zip. Please do not ask me to upload any other format.
Feel free to clone and recolour on free sites, do not recolour or clone on any pay sites. Credit me with a link if you do recolour or clone. You may include the mesh with your recolour.
Modeled and UV unwrapped in Blender. xNormal was used to make bump maps and for package creation. AnyGameStarter was used for testing, thanks Numenor.
The foliage was placed at random so some of the leaves may look like they're floating but it isn't noticeable at a distance.
Face count: 2961
Vertex count: 4604
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: A tall Eucalyptus perfect for large gardens. You may clone and recolour on free sites only, please do not redistribute on pay sites. Created by Dobz (formerly comcal) @ MTS.
Description: A tall Eucalyptus perfect for large gardens. Seasons compatible. You may clone and recolour on free sites only, please do not redistribute on pay sites. Created by Dobz (formerly comcal) @ MTS.
| A recolour that works with both versions above.
Size: 400.7 KB · Downloads: 6,182 · 17th Jul 2010
|400.7 KB||6,182||17th Jul 2010|
| Download if you own Seasons.
Size: 638.1 KB · Downloads: 7,195 · 17th Jul 2010
|638.1 KB||7,195||17th Jul 2010|
| Download if you DON'T own Seasons.
Size: 489.1 KB · Downloads: 5,250 · 17th Jul 2010
|489.1 KB||5,250||17th Jul 2010|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.