Forgotten Lighthouse (Foundations R1 Entry)
The small town of Simpton-On-Sea used to be a thriving little fishing village, the old lighthouse served as both an aid to sailors and a small port authority storage location. Many years have passed since this old lighthouse really served any purpose, with the coming of the highways and bridges no one needed to bring in supplies by boat. It is believed that an old salty seadog tends to the place now and then so it doesn't fall into total disrepair though it is somewhat overgrown. Seagulls cawing overhead and the gentle lap of the sea are the only sounds here now..
Kitchen / Dining room
Gentle rolling waves
A pier to fish off, into the "sea"
Salt water fish in a faux sea
Fully accessible Lighthouse style tower
Did I mention the annoying noisy seagulls?
Price / Size
Lot Size - 30x30
$50,862 - Furnished
$36,805 - Unfurnished
This lot was my entry for the first round of the Foundations challenge here at MTS, so it's built on the same 30x30 lot / foundation that all the competitors had to use (some of which have also been uploaded here).
As I went for a nautical type theme I decided to play around with the Fog Emitter on this lot so you should see some waves in the faux sea at the back as well as Seagulls cawing and flying around above. Also since it's supposed to be a "sea" at the back I included a Salt Water modifier as well as a couple of Common Ocean Fish spawners.
And speaking of fish, there are 3 superbly fishy specimens wall-mounted in the upstairs hallway for your decorative viewing pleasure.. Wiggleroom the Jellyfish, Jon Banchovi the Anchovy and everyone's favourite Feldynn the Tuna!
I have done the usual basic testing in this lot, everything that should be accessible seems to be and sims can even climb to the top of the lighthouse style tower which will be a nice workout for them. Sims can also fish in the water from multiple locations, including the pier.
Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price: See info
A big thankyou to HP and all the MTS staff for running this competition, for without them this lot likely wouldn't exist .
Title: Forgotten Lighthouse
Description: The small town of Simpton-On-Sea used to be a thriving little fishing village, the old lighthouse served as both an aid to sailors and a small Port Authority storage location. Many years have passed since this old lighthouse really served any purpose, with the coming of the highways and bridges no one needed to bring in supplies by boat. By Feldynn at MTS
|High-End Loft Stuff|
Size: 1.88 MB · Downloads: 683 · 26th Jul 2010
|1.88 MB||683||26th Jul 2010|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!