Port Jones (Map Only)
Uploaded 15th Oct 2010 at 3:38 PM · Updated 30th Jan 2012 at 3:48 PM by Krrank : Renaming Post
Port Jones is one of the first known ports in Sim city located just off the east coast of the mainland. The first settlers are from all parts
of the sim world, China, France and Egypt which is why there are monuments from different countries in the architecture.
Map Size: Large
Spawn Points: All Base Game Spawn Points only (You'll just have to travel to find the other stuff)
Routing Info: The sims and camera can go everywhere except for very steep areas, the outskirts of the map and the stand alone islands,
which are purely decorative.
Layering: 7 Layers: Global, lots, trees, deco, lights, spawners and effects.
Textures: 7 Textures total. With an average of 2 textures per chunk. NO custom textures used.
Number: 67 lots Total
20 x 20 = 2
20 x 30 = 16
30 x 20 = 14
30 x 30 = 5
30 x 40 = 2
30 x 50 = 1
40 x 40 = 9
40 x 60 = 1
50 x 16 = 2
50 x 40 = 5
50 x 50 = 1
60 x 60 = 1
60 x 40 = 1
64 x 40 = 1
64 x 64 = 5
Community Lots: 17 Total lots
2. Fire station
3. Parks (3)
4. Consignment Store
5. Salon /Tattoo
6. Laundry (2)
7. Junk yard
12. Extra Lot
13. Fishing Hole (2)
Residential: 37 Total Lots
20 x 30 = 11
30 x 20 = 14
30 x 30 = 1
30 x 40 = 1
40 x 40 = 7
50 x 40 = 3
It has come to my notice that there many who have NO interest in editing world files with CAW and therefore I have added the sims3package
1. CAW USER - If you are interested in editing the world file in CAW, then download "port jones.part1" to "port jones.part4" (4 files)
Also download "README CAW"
2. BASIC - If you simply want to install the world into the game to play, then download "pj sims3package.part1" to "pj sims3package.part4" (4 files)
Also download "README BASIC" and "LOT PLACES.JPG"
UPDATE AND FIX for basic users
it turns out that most of the fish spawners are too deep in the water and so, you can't see the fish splashing on the water surface. I have fixed this. the world file (pj sims3package) has been updated. if fishing matters to you, you might want to download the world again. Sorry for the incovenience.
NOTE: Created with CAW version 1.9.16
NOTE: Require Sims 3/WA/Ambitions version 1.15/2.10/4.3
This download has specific instructions!
DOWNLOAD README FILES FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
Size: 8.08 MB · Downloads: 6,574 · 16th Oct 2010
|8.08 MB||6,574||16th Oct 2010|
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 6,170 · 16th Oct 2010
|9.00 MB||6,170||16th Oct 2010|
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 6,938 · 16th Oct 2010
|9.00 MB||6,938||16th Oct 2010|
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 6,811 · 16th Oct 2010
|9.00 MB||6,811||16th Oct 2010|
Size: 951 Bytes · Downloads: 4,357 · 16th Oct 2010
|951 Bytes||4,357||16th Oct 2010|
Size: 791 Bytes · Downloads: 2,368 · 16th Oct 2010
|791 Bytes||2,368||16th Oct 2010|
| CAW USER
Size: 8.29 MB · Downloads: 3,202 · 15th Oct 2010
|8.29 MB||3,202||15th Oct 2010|
| CAW USER
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 2,972 · 15th Oct 2010
|9.00 MB||2,972||15th Oct 2010|
| CAW USER
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 2,947 · 15th Oct 2010
|9.00 MB||2,947||15th Oct 2010|
| CAW USER
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 3,447 · 15th Oct 2010
|9.00 MB||3,447||15th Oct 2010|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Dkaysims - Living in style
(i) If you use my stuff, just give credit where due
(2) If you modify my stuff, send me a picture at least and say thanks
(3) Don't upload to any paysites
(4) Feel free to PM me about anything, I give great feedback.