Frank Lloyd Wright's "Robie House"
Uploaded 17th Oct 2010 at 3:57 AM · Updated 17th Oct 2010 at 4:57 AM by ejnarts1
Frank Lloyd Wright's "Robie House", said to be the quintessential "Prairie style" home and, arguably, America's first nationally recognized architectural style. The use of strong horizontal lines and a minimum of ornament are two characteristics of this style of architecture. The horizontal lines and minimalism representing the wide open, expansiveness of the mid-west prairie.
Wright emphasized these traits with the elongated, cantilevered roof eaves, and the strategic use of cream and brick colored mortar between the bricks; the horizontal lines where the cream colored mortar was used and the vertical lines where the brick colored mortar was used. The effect is that you notice the horizontal bands and not the individual bricks, enhancing the horizontal theme.
With all the praise and notoriety and now, landmark status, the house's existence is a bit lackluster. As far as a "home" goes, it was only lived in as such for less than 16 years. And was even threatened to be torn down for a period of time. Here's hoping your Sims live long, happy lives in this creation.
This was one of the most difficult translations to a Sim home that I've encountered. I tried to stay true and accurate to the original plans, but some liberties had to be taken; most notably, stealth stairs and a two-car carport instead of a three car garage.
I also designed the interior with regards to the feel/aesthetic of the original time period of the home (1909). Though the home is fully furnished (some bedrooms unfurnished) the amenities are thin and keeping with true "Praire style" theme, so are the decorations. However, I did include telephones which probably weren't too prolific at that time
And, as Wright desired privacy he created the entrance to the home to the rear and left of what is normally considered to be the front of the house (see main picture). For this reason and so as not to have your Sims spend all day getting to the mailbox, I've placed the front of the house facing the actual entrance and fauxed a street, with crosswalks, for the garage entrance. So, the home is on a 3x5 lot and not a 5x3.
- 6 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- large, elongated open floor plan
- Billiards room
- Large Living room
- sideways garage.
Custom Content Used but NOT Included:
- Birch Tree Shrubby by khakidoo
- Birch Tree Shrubby Larger by khakidoo
- Big Bougenvillia by Nengi65
- You will need to install the modular stairs txt code to your modularstair.txt script file with croccbaura's Open Underneath Country Stairs for the stairs to show up and work properly.
Thank you for stopping by and your support. I appreciate it. Comments and Thanks are always welcome.
Lot Size: 3x5
Lot Price: $199,585
Custom Content Included:
- Dark Timbering Floor by Amythestfenix
- Shakerlicious Fridge 1 by buggybooz
- Country Stairs Open Underneath by crocobaura
- Crosswalk by 6reed
- UpRite Column Corner Version by HugeLunatic
- OMSP Counters by Lord Darcy
- Gentrific "Flame-O-Rama" Fireplace WITHOUT CHIMNEY by mia86
- Season's Bed - Dark Wood recolor by sissimoody
- Sleek Cuisine Counters recolor - Wood3 by KiaraRawks
- Invisible Driveway by Neveah223
- UpRite Column Corner Version - DistressedA recolor by HugeLunatic
- Sleek Cuisine Counters recolor - Chathan by KiaraRawks
|Open for Business|
Frank Lloyd Wright's %22Robie House%22.zip
Size: 2.45 MB · Downloads: 1,406 · 17th Oct 2010
|2.45 MB||1,406||17th Oct 2010|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
The creator also recommends the following uploads: