No Intro with Maxis logo
Uploaded 6th Mar 2013 at 5:17 PM · Updated 9th Mar 2013 at 4:37 PM by ellacharmed
This mod removes it. The other resources are re-exported, they weren't copied from Rick's version, although I learned what to do from studying what was done in that mod. This does not mean the original version no longer works - it still works! Just that, it has no idea the new resource (with the Maxis Logo) exists, so it won't block that.
Should work with all patch versions, from 1.50 onwards. Even games on patches older than 1.50.
This is a basic override mod that modifies all the _VID 0xB1CC1AF6 resources (from FullBuild1 / DeltaBuild1). Basically, it just replace the video with a blank black image as a video in each of the resource, if anyone is interested.
Q: Do I need 1.50 version to use this mod? Will it work if I'm on 1.48 or older?
A: It should work. I've tested it while doing my patch tests - ie uninstalling and rolling back to 1.48 and 1.47 to test the 1.50 Incremental and Superpatch updates. If it does not work on your setup, be sure to include your base game's patch version and confirm that you have tested on a clean User Folder with just this mod in place, when you make a bug report.
Q: Do I need both versions of the no intro or just one?
A: Just choose one. Either this or the other (if you want the Maxis vid to still play if you're on 1.50). This is a replacement of the original by Rick, and would disable ALL no intro vids.
Rick, from his invaluable No Intro mod
Type: Maxis Content Hiders
| version with the maxis logo removed
Size: 699 Bytes · Downloads: 141,419 · 6th Mar 2013
|699 Bytes||141,419||6th Mar 2013|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
- Yes, I can help you with games problem, but I need INFORMATION! I cannot help in a vacuum. So, please specify gameversion, games you have and what triggered the issue, and post in the HELP FORUM (not via PM!). Not an essay on what the Sims were doing from when you woke them up in the morning to the time you make them sleep. Just make it as concise and relevant as you can. If there's no information and you make me chase you down by asking questions already asked in the WIKI FAQs, I'm afraid I no longer have time for such. Which means your posts get ignored. Don't be offended, though, it's nothing personal. I just have to prioritize the complete threads over incomplete ones.
- I'm also not a psychic. So if you have done and work through any FAQs, MENTION IT! How am I to know you had done it if it is not stated in the post?
- If you're trying to hedge your bets and post the same issue on separate forums - MATY, thesims3, TSR, or any where else - I'd also ignore it; especially if you had gotten replies elsewhere. I'm not keen on hitting my head against the wall repeatedly, you know?
- And no, I don't provide Technical support for the game or your system one-on-one via PMs. So, don't even go there. These PMs would be ignored as well. Well, unless you want to pay me for my time as a Personal Technical Coach. Then, I'm all ears.
- You're welcome to use, edit, take apart any content I created and share. But if you use any of my work as a base, I'd appreciate a link back to the original, and you're welcome to post your version in the comments of that upload. So that if either one of ours become outdated, there's a link to the original and vice versa.
- And no, I don't provide support for my content one-on-one via PMs. Each of them has a Comments/Feedback section. Please use that.
- I don't take requests, sorry. I have tonnes of ideas I haven't even started on.
- Having done a mod or a fix does not mean I would do a similar mod or a similar fix. If it interests me and there's still potential for learning, I'd continue doing them like for the World fixes whenever a new world is available. But as we're all working with finite time, there's only so much I can do alone compared to the speed of release EA employs. So, if you want to do a world fix yourself, go ahead. This World fixes thing is not under my sole purview, you know. There's a whole Community of us.
- And last but not least, yes any content that I share would get updated if it is warranted. You don't have to ask. As long as I'm able and can afford to buy new packs, I'll schedule any work needed for them.