MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
(UPDATE 30-MAR-2016) Audition For Band Gigs
by icarus_allsorts Posted 26th Aug 2014 at 11:06 PM - Updated 31st Mar 2016 at 6:54 AM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update
548 Thanks Thanks 201 Favourited
- Auditioning will no longer fulfill the wish to play an actual band gig
- You will always succeed when auditioning on a player owned lot (consider the audition just a formality)
- Mod no longer requires translations
This mod adds a custom Audition for Band Gig interaction to all instruments (and certain role sims) which lets your band sims directly audition for band gigs at virtually any community lot, and if successful a band gig opportunity is generated for the band to perform.
A lot must have
- enough musical instruments (of any kind) in one room for all the band members
- at least at least one proprietor, bartender, barista bartender, or some sort of register merchant sim on the lot to judge the audition
To start an audition, have your band sim click on either the instrument you want the sim to play OR on a role sim on the lot of any of the above mentioned role types. All other band members will be summoned to the lot and and the band will play together for a short while for the role sim to watch (if you clicked on an instrument, the closest available role sim is chosen)
At the end of it, if the audition is judged based on
- the average musical skill level of all band members
- the number of gigs the band the auditioning sim has played so far (as a measure of experience)
- the type of lot (Lounges and the Showtime venues are harder to book a gig at compared to other lots)
- the relationship between band members and the judging sim
If the band fails the audition however, no opportunity is fired and the band is blacklisted from auditioning at the venue for the next 12 hours.
As an added challenge your band has to have completed at least 7 gigs before they can successfully audition at any Late Night Lounge or a Showtime Private Venue type lot (you can try but you will be immediately turned down). Have them build up some experience on other types of venues before tackling these lots. Similarly the band has to have completed the Gig Master challenge (15 gigs by default) before they can audition at a Big Show venue.
Built and tested on patch 1.67
Requires Late Night
This is a script mod and should not conflict with tuning mods. Compatible with More or Less Gigs for Bands and Music Opportunities for your Sims for example and also NonaMena's Gig Scheduler mod
This mod does NOT change the actual requirements of the default band gig opportunities, it just forces them at the end of a successful audition ignoring all the usual restrictions:
You can still receive gig opportunities from the phone or using an external mod like the Gig Scheduler or Master Controller but keep in mind that the default restrictions will be applied to them. (To change these restrictions you'll need a separate mod editing the Opportunities_EP3 XML)
The Jones' for Everyone who has helped and supported my modding so far
| Updated 30-MAR-2016
Size: 13.4 KB · Downloads: 13,426 · 30th Mar 2016
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents