Uploaded 4th Oct 2014 at 12:35 PM · Updated 6th Oct 2014 at 3:00 AM by blakegriplingph : A rather subtle update on the mesh. It fixes the smoothing/normals problem, though the latter doesn't show up ingame even prior to the fix.
Aster blends an unmistakable aesthetic with uncompromising performance, to create an exceptional object of desire that’s also your passport to a world of exclusive lifestyle experiences.
The Vertu Aster is a slate-format luxury smartphone manufactured and marketed by Vertu in England. Released just a few months after the Signature Touch, the Aster boasts a 1080p display, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SOC and runs on Android 4.4 "KitKat".
I do admit I've been procrastinating for a long while, and I do have a couple or so mods in my backlog. but out of boredom I decided to do this especially as this has just been released by the luxury phone firm. And while some of you (myself included) may not exactly approve of the phone being ridiculously expensive, I do admit I kinda' like the design, and it wasn't as half-baked as their first Android-powered offering prior to Nokia cutting all ties with them. The phone costs around $6000 - yeah, I know, it is quite expensive, though you can just get away with spawning one via debug cheats.
Just paste the package to your Sims 2 Downloads folder, and then run the game. This is a default replacement for the NOYIN 2680, so you need to delete or disable any other phone mods that may conflict.
Works on the Ultimate Collection release, though it should run on other versions as long as you have University installed.
Special thanks to Inge Jones, EsmeraldaF and HugeLunatic for the advice, to my pals at the American Girl Facebook group, Aaron Young, SilentPL and ALMOST610, HardcoreHacker, twjordo, fsebentley and leeh33 of TechKnow, and my mates at the Downfall Parodies Forum.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
No game information could be extracted from this file
Description: Aster blends an unmistakable aesthetic with uncompromising performance, to create an exceptional object of desire that’s also your passport to a world of exclusive lifestyle experiences.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
| Vertu Aster - for TS2 University
Size: 481.2 KB · Downloads: 3,080 · 5th Oct 2014
|481.2 KB||3,080||5th Oct 2014|
| Raw source project files for the mod
Size: 1.20 MB · Downloads: 2,836 · 4th Oct 2014
|1.20 MB||2,836||4th Oct 2014|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Not much to say, but I mod games as a hobby for more than three years and counting, and I'm also an occasional parodist and a pop culture critic. I first started modding back in my high school days, when I got myself a copy of the original Sims game, as well as a rather obscure Harley-Davidson racing game that used Targas for textures. I don't know how to make 3D models at that time, so I made do with some texture edits with billboards and various other assets.
It was in 2007 when I fell in love with the Grand Theft Auto series - the games were known for being highly customisable, so I decided to join in the scene and learn the ropes of GTA editing; this was when I made friends with several veteran modders. This also paved the way for some more modding adventures, which got me more into making mods for TS2 and eventually TS3.
Feel free to redistribute and/or modify my works, but please credit me whenever possible. You may post them at The Exchange, but I strongly advise that you upload them somewhere else.