Medieval Starter Hovel
Uploaded 10th Mar 2015 at 9:10 AM · Updated 11th Mar 2015 at 6:03 AM by fairycake89 : to mention the no fire alarm thing!
This home has very little but it has all you need to live, including a small vegetable garden and a bee hive. For entertainment there is a book shelf. Designed as a starter home for two adults and a toddler, there is one double bed and a cot. There is room in the bedroom to dispense with the cot and add a single bed once the toddler has aged up - you can fit this in by moving the dresser to where the cot now is and use the dresser space for a single bed (I have put a pic of this idea in with the upload pics). At present the bathroom facilities are outside, as they would have been in those days.
I have used one tiny piece of custom content, and it's Cottage Thatch for Your Sims by Simgrassalidale.You don't need it if you don't want to download it, simply replace the roof with either of the EA thatched roof choices in game - it's just that I personally feel that simgrassalidale's roof is nicer. Despite appearances you don't need Dragon Valley to play this lot, I merely photographed it in my Medieval World which is in a version of Dragon Valley.
I have not placed a fire alarm in this lot, as my Medieval lots don't have them. If you are worried your Sim might meet a fiery end, then install one!
Custom Content used but not included
Cottage Thatch for Your Sims by Simgrassalidale
I hope you have fun with it!
Lot Size: 20x20
Lot Price (furnished): 17.195
Lot Price (unfurnished): 14.772
Title: Medieval Starter Hovel
Description: Medieval Starter Hovel
Medieval Starter Hovel.rar
Size: 1.56 MB · Downloads: 2,254 · 10th Mar 2015
|1.56 MB||2,254||10th Mar 2015|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!