Uploaded 21st Jan 2016 at 7:26 PM · Updated 5th Mar 2016 at 10:25 PM by plasticbox
Update 2016-03-05: Updated with the rest of the Italian translation, revised Dutch translation, and Polish translation for the orange juice.
Update 2016-01-28: Updated blender + orange juice with corrected Brazilian Portuguese translations, and added Chinese to the juice.
Update 2016-01-26: Norwegian translation added and Orange Juice added; it requires the harvestable oranges from this thread (Harvestable Orange Tree). The updated juice blender and the new juice are in separate packages (so if you don't want the juice, just delete that package).
Update 2016-01-24: Added an interaction for children to grab drinks (when a full pitcher has been made), and the Polish and Portuguese translations of the Upgrade tooltip. Children will use the standard "Food_Grab" animation for this, since otherwise they would hover.
Update 2016-01-23 II: Updated with additional translations for the new tooltip.
Update 2016-01-23: Updated with empty empty juice glasses and a custom upgrade interaction that talks about juice instead of coffee in the tooltip. Thanks to Menaceman44, KD9B, and coolspear1 for the feedback! Also includes egureh's updated Traditional Chinese translation.
Update 2016-01-22: Russian translation added. Thank you!
The blender has various options:
- Blend Juice ‒ for a single glass
- Serve Juice ‒ for a pitcher
- Clean/Repair like on the tea machine; Upgrade is (partly) changed to have custom strings
All juices require ingredients -- one fruit/vegetable for a single serving, six for a group serving. Ingredients are taken either from the sim or the fridge inventory (stuff in the fridge comes first). The better the ingredients are, the better the juice; but I’ve tuned it so that sims will drink “Okay” quality juice without making faces and ewwww-bleh noises (i.e. Okay actually means Okay, not “tastes like puddle”).
The juices are basically like the Maxis orange juice, just with different colours and more low-polyness and additional half-full states. (Or half-empty states? Discuss! )
Available in Small Appliances for 180§, teens and older can use it.
The whole thing still has room for improvement (actually, two rooms), but since I didn't get anywhere I just finished everything else and decided to upload as is for now, instead of fiddling forever:
- It is using the unchanged tea machine animations (including props, see the “Prepare” screenshots -- sims pour tea leaves into the machine etc), because in order to make custom ones *and* have sims route to the object right at the start, I would have to override S4_7DF2169C_00000000_0000000000003FCC cooking_Counter.xml (bad idea) or add on to it, and I haven’t yet figured out how to do the latter. I assume it’s possible to do that (and probably even quite simple once you know how), but for now, there are tea leaves. The sounds are also from the tea machine but they actually fit quite well ‒ the boiling water is not too unlike mashing fruits into pieces. Use your imagination!
- Right now the juice in the pitcher and machine (behind the glass) only has one colour option (it is always orange); I haven’t quite figured out yet how to set material states on the crafting object without breaking the actual crafting. Ideally this should of course match the colour of the juice that is being blended. This is also why it has only one olour option overall at the moment (black/dark grey, like on the screenshots).
Also, on the “Prepare” screenshots + some others, the glass parts still have a different shader ‒ the final object looks like on the first three screenshots, where the glass on the pitcher is a bit milky (that is on purpose, to make the wrongly-coloured juice less obvious).
Blender and juices speak the following languages: US English (pbox), Simplified Chinese (wuccwzt), Traditional Chinese (egureh), Czech (Rynka_CS), Dutch (ElenaInTheSims), French (PharaohHound/Damabiah/MiniMimi), German (pbox), Italian (Ele88), European Portuguese (azoresman/simshout), Brazilian Portuguese (matheusmm94), Norwegian (therbon), Polish (hubi98), Russian (thesimsclub), Spanish (gato_24). Thank you all!
The additional orange juice has Engish, German, Dutch, Norwegian and French (I hope I got those right -- I learned all my Dutch from Sinaasappelsap packages! ), as well as Chinese (egureh), Italian (ele88), Polish (Piesek64), and Czech (Rynka_CS).
More contributions welcome; see here if you want to translate mods but don’t know how.
Juice blender, high poly: 437-529V/476-540F (depending on active state)
Juice blender, low poly: 294-404V/301-349F
Juice blender, high poly sun shadow: 266V/474F
Juice blender, low poly sun shadow: 126V/220F
Juice glass, high poly: 137V/132F
Juice glass, low poly: 86V/72F
Juice glass, sun shadow: 29V/44F
blender, Paint.net, TSRW/Milkshape, XML Extractor, Notepad++, s4pe.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||pbox_juice-blended_orange.package (inside pbox_juiceblender.zip)|
|Games used||Sims 4 (Base Game)|
Size: 227.4 KB · Downloads: 325,823 · 5th Mar 2016
|227.4 KB||325,823||5th Mar 2016|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
Sharing and recycling:
– Feel free to recycle, you don’t need to ask.
– For the attribution, please link to the upload you’re using wherever possible (instead of my profile). This is particularly important with edits made for/with different games or game versions.
– If you use my stuff in something you make, please upload the result to a free, accessible, noncommercial site with no more restrictions than these. Code must remain open source; meshes and other material must remain re-usable.
Please do not redistribute any unmodified files – link to the upload post instead.