Unlocked Lot Traits
Uploaded 16th Jan 2017 at 5:18 PM · Updated 12th Aug 2021 at 3:25 PM by Dorsal Axe
This mod unlocks the 10 locked lot traits that are included with City Living. 3 of them you may not be familiar with, as they normally go unused. You'll be able to add and remove them from any lot you wish, including apartments that have been pre-assigned these traits. Please do note that there's a good reason why most of these traits were locked in the first place...
The following traits do absolutely nothing. They're just for flavor text.
- Lively Neighbors
- Low Deposit
All of the below traits also do absolutely nothing, as their "effects" are in fact produced by specific objects that are normally hidden in the catalog. You can reveal them in the catalog with a mod such as "Moveable/Buyable City Living Apartment Objects" by NikNak513.
- Great View
Requires special windows that generate the "Great View" moodlet
Requires unmoveable plaque
- Needs TLC
Requires utility box, leaky pipes, mouse hole, roaches, and leaky drain.
- Romantic Fireplace
Requires unmoveable fireplace
These traits do actually have effects.
This one provides a constant positive moodlet for all residents on the lot.
- Serviced Apartment
Provides a free recurring maid service.
For a future version of this mod, I'm considering adding some actual effects to the useless traits so that they're all useful. I've got some ideas in mind already. But hey, at least for now you can remove them from the pre-made lots if you want to. Do note that certain functionality (e.g. apartment problems) won't actually change if the associated objects are still on the lot.
This mod modifies the following resources and will conflict with any other mod that edits the same:
Type: Unlocked Maxis Content
Size: 2.2 KB · Downloads: 101,705 · 16th Jan 2017
|2.2 KB||101,705||16th Jan 2017|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled