Petlandia Village - A Fairy Tail Village by M4BCreators
Uploaded 28th Sep 2018 at 9:32 PM · Updated 13th Aug 2021 at 2:20 AM by M4BCreators : link added for additional lots
Petlandia Village is a quaint place with everything Petlandiers need - a civic center, hometown hospital and research center, shops, businesses, a village school, and plenty of family and pet friendly homes of many sizes. A number of homes are starter priced. There are even some apartments.
Petlandia Village was a collaborative effort by M4BCreators. The village and lots were built with base game and Pets EP items only. It has no CC or items from other EPs or stuff packs. Many of the roads and sidewalks are "grass" to help maintain the look of the cat's and dog's "collars" and the cat's "stripes". The fishing spot is in the dog's ear and the beach is at the tip of the cat's tail. Routing should accommodate wild horses. Or, players can turn off wild horses in game options.
Petlandia Village is the latest group project by M4BCreators, a collection of simmers who build in TS2, TS3, and TS4. Group members include novice builders, experienced builders, and everything in between. We share WIPs, tricks and techniques, and are here to lend a helping hand or appraising eye. If you love to build, check out our group: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=587151.
Petlandia Village in CAW
Petlandia Village in Game
Petlandia Village with Lot Designations
- Map Size: Medium (1024x1024) with a smallish land mass, 38.5 MB.
- Spawn Points on Map: Base game — Beetle, Butterfly, Gem - Epic, Meteor, Seeds; Pets -- Dog Dig Spot, Large Bird, Lizard, Rodent, Small Bird, Snake. Remaining base game and Pets spawn points are located on lots.
- Effects: Flock of Birds, Flying Geese, Flying Seagulls, Meteor Shower, Ocean Surf and Waves, Sailboat.
- Routing Info: Some additional sidewalks and streetlamps have been added to the Petlandia Village map. Sims cannot route up or down sides of the island or in valleys. Isolated routing "nodes" were eliminated to avoid "stuck" sims. The camera can go anywhere. There are no “hidden” spots in Petlandia Village.
- Layering: 8 layers - Objects, Trees & Flora, Lots, Spawners, Effects, Auto soils. Global layer cleaned.
- Textures: 16 textures total used with all being in-game textures. There are likely more than 8 textures per chunk in Petlandia Village but it does not appear to have affected performance.
Petlandia Village is NOT populated.
There is no Custom Content in Petlandia Village. (World checked with CUSTARD.) Care was taken to use only base game and Pets items.
Petlandia Village Lots:
44 lots total - 24 Residential & 20 Community.
|1 Meow Lane||Residential||10x10||Dog Lover's Dream by SimmyRN|
|2 Meow Lane||Residential||30x30||Beech Cottage by Norn|
|3 Meow Lane||Residential||10x10||Pet Friendly Cottage by SimmyRN|
|5 Meow Lane||Residential||15x10||Tiny Cottage by Crowkeeper|
|7 Meow Lane||Residential||10x10||Purple Paws Cottage by daisylee|
|215 Brown Collar Ave.||Residential||10x15||Tiny Californian by Johnny_Bravo & tunafishfish|
|43 Calico Road||Residential||10x15||Tiny Craftsman by Johnny_Bravo & tunafishfish|
|83 Purr Road||Residential||30x20||Birdie Apartments by SimmyRN|
|81 Purr Road||Residential||10x10||The Sister Townhouse by Crowkeeper & orose|
|80 Purr Road||Residential||10x10||The Brother Townhouse by Crowkeeper & orose|
|14 Meow Lane||Residential||30x30||The Distant Relative by Norn|
|1 Claws Ave.||Residential||15x10||CatNap by attuned|
|3 Claws Ave.||Residential||20x15||Red Ranch Style by SimmyRN|
|5 Claws Ave.||Residential||20x15||Auntie's Cottage by Norn|
|7 Claws Ave.||Residential||10x10||Cute Green Cottage by SimmyRN|
|9 Claws Ave.||Residential||10x10||Cat Scratched Cottage by daisylee|
|2000 Kitty Litter Circle||Residential||30x20||Two Tone Wonder Starter - Pets by SimmyRN|
|16 Meow Lane||Residential||20x25||The Towers Apartments - Studio by SimmyRN|
|18 Meow Lane||Residential||10x15||Yellow Cottage by SimmyRN|
|20 Meow Lane||Residential||10x10||Fairy Tail by attuned|
|26 Whoof Lane||Residential||15x20||Dog Dazed Cottage by daisylee|
|24 Whoof Lane||Residential||20x40||The Square Hamster by Johnny_Bravo & aisquared|
|2 Bow Wow Lane||Residential||13x25||Fetch Stick by SimmyRN|
|3 Dog Leg Path||Residential||10x10||The White Barn by Norn|
|Cat's Nape Cape||Community||10x20||Pepie Park (Small Park) by BlackjackGabbiani|
|201 Brown Collar Ave.||Community||25x45||Empty|
|9 Meow Lane||Community||20x15||Rustler's Den (Criminal Warehouse Rabbit hole) by SimmyRN|
|213 Brown Collar Ave.||Community||30x30||Catkeshi's Castle (Cat Jungle) by Norn & Crowkeeper|
|93 Purr Road||Community||15x10||Wet Whiskers Pool (Pool) by Crowkeeper|
|91 Purr Road||Community||20x30||Luv Pets Bistro Place (No Visitors Allowed; Bistro Rabbit hole) by SimmyRN|
|11 Meow Lane||Community||30x20||Petlandoo (Big Park) by attuned|
|Town Square||Community||64x64||Petlandia Town Square (Big Park) by Norn|
|1000 Kitty Litter Circle||Community||10x15||Little Free Library (Library) by tunafishfish|
|1 Dog Leg Path||Community||15x15||Floof's Purrfect Gallery (Art Gallery) by Norn|
|2 Dog Leg Path||Community||10x10||"Walkie's" Club (Gym) by SimmyRN|
|27 Whoof Lane||Community||15x15||Petlandia Cemetery (Graveyard) by SimmyRN|
|22 Whoof Lane||Community||40x40||Wolfson's Hospital & Research (No Visitors Allowed) by Norn|
|20 Whoof Lane||Community||50x50||Civic Center (Visitors Allowed; Civic Center Rabbit hole) by SimmyRN|
|101 Blue Collar Ave.||Community||45x20||Bark Park (Dog Park) by attuned|
|1 Bow Wow Lane||Community||10x15||Nature’s Bounty Zen Garden (Small Park) by orose|
|3 Bow Wow Lane||Community||40x40||EA Petite Pony Equestrian Center (Equestrian Center)|
|Dog's Ear||Community||25x35||Dog 'n Suds Fishing Spot (Fishing Spot) by SimmyRN|
|4 Bow Wow Lane||Community||40x40||Up and down Stables (Horse Ranch) by Norn|
|Tippy Tail Road||Community||60x64||Cattails Beach (Beach) by SimmyRN|
We want to thank all of the amazing builders, from Mentoring4Builders, who helped bring Petlandia Village to Life:
Ambitious Additions - adds laundromat, industrial arts center and salon to your village
MTS modders for CAW Resources.
All the Mentoring for Builders and M4BCreators members for contributing/decorating lots.
Thanks to Huge Lunatic and spladoum for upload help and Don Babilon and Butterbot for advice
Thank you so very much to SimmyRN for creating this fantastic world, and attuned and Norn for play testing, screenshots and feedback for Petlandia Village.
Size: 29.73 MB · Downloads: 3,232 · 28th Sep 2018
|29.73 MB||3,232||28th Sep 2018|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: