Bejeweled Pet Bowl (Pet Stories Conversion)
Uploaded 19th Mar 2019 at 4:06 PM · Updated 20th Mar 2019 at 1:24 AM by Naus Allien
Sul Sul fellow simmers! I have something special for you toda: my first conversion to The Sims 4. I always wanted to do stuff for The Sims 4, but I was mostly focused on The Sims 3 since it's the game I play the most. Cats and dogs in The Sims 4 are cool, but there's a very limited number of objects for them. So I decided to check The Sims 2 and Pet Stories to decide what to convert for The Sims 4. This Bejeweled Pet bowl from The Sims Pet Stories caught my eye instantly. Since the original object had a very small texture, no normal or specular map, and only one recolor, I spent a long time working on the textures to make it look as good as possible. The UV map was problematic (as it's the case with most objects from TS2-era) but I managed to fix it for the most part. There's a small seam in the bowl, but it's not very noticeable unless you zoom in really close. It includes all geostates (empty, half and full).
I edited the original texture to have a higher res animal print pattern. Since it was the ONLY texture Maxis made, I went ahead and made a dozen more swatches, including more animal print textures.
If you look at the image starting from the top left, the swatches included are:
- Leopard animal print.
- Tiger animal print.
- White leopard animal print.
- Zebra animal print.
- White and gold plain.
- All white plain.
- Gold gradient.
- Silver/gray gradient.
- Pink gradient.
- Blue gradient.
- Red and black gradient.
- Purple and black gradient.
- All black gradient.
Feel free to request additional swatches for future updates
CATALOG LOCATION, DESCRIPTION AND PRICE:
Sort By Function â†’ Pet Care â†’ Pet Food (Price: Â§75)
High LOD: 640 polygons
Medium LOD: 398 polygons
- Sims 4 Studio
- Blender / Photoshop / Milkshape 3D
- TSR Workshop
- Maxis for the mesh and some textures
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Here is the perfect feeding machine to feed your pefect eating machine. Converted by Naus Allien from The Sims Pet Stories.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Mesh name: Pet Food Bowl "Mark II"
|Cats and Dogs|
| Bejeweled Pet Bowl from The Sims Pet Stories
Size: 880.8 KB · Downloads: 2,740 · 19th Mar 2019
|880.8 KB||2,740||19th Mar 2019|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.