Mid-Century Dining Set
Uploaded 9th Oct 2019 at 7:46 PM · Updated 3rd Jan 2020 at 4:44 PM by zoe22
They are both fully recolourable, with three channels each.
They come with just one preset, the pale wood shown in the screenshots, and match each other.
They should both be found where you would expect them to be - the table with the other dining tables, and chair with the other dining/office chairs
The table costs 350 simoleons and the chair costs 250 simoleons.
I made these objects without TSRW and so I had to do the sunshadow myself. However, the table's sunshadow's PosScale value I calculated didn't work, so I used the EA table's values instead. The shadow is mostly right, but the corners flick up a bit weirdly.
But seeing as this is an indoor dining table, as long as you are using it in its intended indoor dining table way, the slightly dodgy sunshadow won't affect you at all
I hope you like them
Dining table: high lod - 110, low lod - 62
Dining chair: high lod - 236, low lod - 84
Tools and Resources used: Tool by Igne Jones
cmomoney's Blender Tools
Butterbot's sunshadow tutorial
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||zoeoe_MidCenturyDiningChair.package (inside zoeoe_MidCenturyDiningSet.zip)|
|File type||Dining Chairs|
|Filename||zoeoe_MidCenturyDiningTable.package (inside zoeoe_MidCenturyDiningSet.zip)|
|File type||Dining Tables|
Size: 2.30 MB · Downloads: 4,503 · 9th Oct 2019
|2.30 MB||4,503||9th Oct 2019|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
- please do not reupload any of my creations or claim as your own
- if you would like to use/edit one of my creations for your own upload, please ask permission first
- if you use my creations for something, please credit and link back to the original