All-in-One Occult Hybrid Stabilizer
Uploaded 30th Sep 2020 at 4:56 PM · Updated 27th Aug 2021 at 1:39 AM by Iced Cream
This mod has a script component. The included .ts4script file must be placed directly in your mods folder or at most only 1 subfolder deep.
Hybrids are not officially supported by EA, so some issues are unavoidable.
If updating to a newer version, you do not need to replace the .ini file. Your existing one will automatically be updated when you start the game.
Update: 2021-8-26: A small update for the newest version of the game.
- Added a new interaction: Needs. The interaction uses the same string as the needs panel button, so the name may appear slightly strange.
This interaction will open a window which displays all of the active sim's needs. It is intended for sims with mod traits which add multiple needs which cannot all fit together in the needs panel.
Do note that mermaids will have their hydration need listed as hygiene in this menu.
- Updated the "interactions are cheats" and the "phone interactions" addons to account for this new interaction.
While this mod doesn't "require" any packs, it's almost pointless to use on its own without any occults in your game.
The only benefit you would get is the ability for the needs panel to properly work with any custom need added by mods.
Tired of your hybrids glitching out in CAS? Upset that your vampire-mermaids can't access their perk tree? This mod is for you.
This mod solves many of the issues plaguing hybrids in the sims 4. Now you can safely play hybrids without fear of the game randomly deciding to break your sims.
Some of the main features are:
- Safely take your hybrids into CAS and save them to your gallery without the fear of the game deleting their occult forms. Sim must spawn in live mode at least once to enable this protection.
- Allow servos to become vampires, witches and aliens.
- Properly render spellcaster charge and curses for spellcaster-vampire hybrids.
- Mermaid hybrids correctly switch to and from their tail forms without being stuck swimming on land.
- Newly-generated aliens no longer have their human form re-randomized (intended for story progression mods which populate towns with sims from your gallery).
- Restores the ability to birth hybrid babies.
- And many more...
How to Use:
Simply extract the mod to your mods folder. Do not place the "Hybrid" folder inside of any other folders or subfolders.
Congratulations, your hybrids are now fixed.
This mod will add a new self-interaction menu to your sims with the following interactions:
- Occult - Allows you to quickly toggle which occult types the current sim has.
- Reset Perks - Resets the perks of the selected occult.
- Destroy - Deletes the selected form. Intended mostly as a shortcut for deleting the Vampire dark form without having to enter CAS.
- Show Motive Panel Overlay - Changes the motive panel to display the perk bar of the selected occult, allowing you to spend that occult's perk points.
- Modify in CAS - Allows you to modify the sim in CAS as the selected occult. If your sim has features (pointed ears, special skin/eye colors, vampire fangs) which are not available to the current occult, don't worry. As long as you don't try to change those details, your sim will still have them when you exit CAS.
Note that the perk panel displayed on the needs bar will default to Witch for the human form and Vampire for all other occult forms.
Features of this mod can be toggled by adding or removing any of the optional packages included in the "Addons" folder.
- Interactions are Cheats: Makes all interactions into cheat interactions. The sim menu will be hidden unless you shift-click the sim with testing cheats enabled.
- Phone Interactions: Adds the main occult interactions to the phone. Can be used together with the "Interactions are Cheats" package. The phone interactions will not be hidden.
- Interactions: Adds "Add" and "Remove" interactions for Plantsims. These interactions will NOT be added to the phone, and they do NOT share the same menu as the occults. These interactions allow you to easily add or remove the Plantsim state.
- No Vampire Thirst: Removes the Thirst need from Vampire-Plantsims.
- Permanent: Makes Plantsim-ism permanent. The buff may still have a "Happy" display, but its mood weight is actually reduced to 0, and its emotion is treated as Fine.
- Interactions: Adds "Add" and "Remove" interactions for Servos. These interactions will NOT be added to the phone, and they do NOT share the same menu as the occults. These interactions allow you to easily add or remove the Servo state. Note that removing the Servo state in this manner will force you into CAS. This is mostly done to prevent bugs and to clean up any lingering Servo data still stuck on the sim.
- No Vampire Thirst: Removes the Thirst need from Vampire-Servos.
This mod does not override any game resource files and should be compatible with any tuning mod.
This mod includes the functionality of these mods of mine and should not be used together with any of them. Please uninstall them as this mod contains all of their functionality:
This mod modifies the behaviors of the following script classes and may run into compatibility issues with mods that completely override their behavior:
- OccultTracker - The behavior of this class has been heavily modified. Any mod which significantly alters the occult system may have compatibility issues.
- TraitTracker - modifies the "_send_commodity_list_msg" function which determines which needs are displayed in the needs panel.
- AppearanceTracker - modifies the "evaluate_appearance_modifiers" function to properly display appearance modifiers on hybrid sims.
- cas.plan_batuu_outfit - modifies the plan batuu outfit command to force the sim into human form to prevent accidental changes to a sim's occult forms.
- Humanized Servos: https://modthesims.info/d/640514/humanized-servos.html Recommended if making a servo hybrid. Prevents the default servo outfit from being forced onto new servos.
- Occult Hybrid Unlocker: https://modthesims.info/d/643617/ allows you to create hybrids through gameplay.
-Possible conflict with Hybrid Through Gameplay
- Hybrid Through Gameplay: https://www.deviantart.com/gauntlet...lizer-742150773 Allows you to create hybrids through gameplay.
-Possible conflict with Occult Hybrid Unlocker
How does it work?
A sim's occult status is determined in 2 ways, by their traits and by a hidden number in the game's script files named "occult_types."
The traits control the sim's forms and their access to occult interactions while the "occult_types" number controls how the game renders their needs panel and how the sim is treated in CAS.
Whenever a sim gains an occult trait, the "occult_number" is modified based on the occult traits the sim has. The game checks this number whenever it wants to determine if a sim is a specific occult.
If a sim is a hybrid, the "occult_types" number becomes a value that the game doesn't understand, which is why CAS has so many issues and why mermaids would get stuck swimming on land.
This mod modifies the how the game checks occult types by making it look at the sim's traits instead.
This allows the mod to alter the "occult_types" number into something the game can understand without endangering the sim's forms or access to perks.
This change allows hybrid sims to safely enter CAS and freely switch between forms without suffering from horrible glitches.
| This is the newest version!
Size: 76.7 KB · Downloads: 4,003 · 27th Aug 2021
|76.7 KB||4,003||27th Aug 2021|
Size: 75.1 KB · Downloads: 2,446 · 7th Aug 2021
|75.1 KB||2,446||7th Aug 2021|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled