Doggie Day Care career
Uploaded 7th Dec 2021 at 1:07 PM · Updated 26th Jan 2022 at 11:10 PM by the_spirit_realm
Update 28/12 - SecretX has made a French translation for this mod, and claymansc has translated it into Korean. Thank you both so much; the package file has been updated with both sets of strings.
A Doggie Day Care career for your sims! There's not a whole lot of in game careers that focus on working with animals, so I wanted to remedy that for all my sims that keep rolling the "Dog Lover," trait.
If anyone wishes to translate this career, please absolutely feel free to, and then shoot me a PM/comment so I can upload it to the file!
This is a full time career that has eight levels. For the sake of realism, I tried to vary the start times a lot; for example, cleaners won't be able to come in until after closing, you'd need to be in early to feed the dogs in the mornings, and so on. There's two skills you'll need to improve for this job, Charisma and Athletic.
I've made three custom tones:
- Exercise Dogs (builds Athletic)
- Answer Client Queries (builds Charisma)
- Supervise Outdoor Area (builds Fun motive)
There's no set uniform, journals to be read, or chance cards. You won't need anything other than the base game to run it, as it's based at the Day Spa, although it doesn't make a lot of sense if you don't have Pets installed. :'D
Below are the details for each job level:
- Leaflet Distributor, M-F, 08:00 - 14:00, 10 simoleans per hour
"So you've decided to spend your days looking after the neighbourhood's beloved dogs. The problem is, so has everyone else! Working at doggie day care is one of the most coveted jobs in town, because the Simstagram likes roll in when you've got adorable post material. To prove your worth, you'll need to start at the very bottom. Hand out leaflets, stuff flyers through letterboxes, and maybe next time you'll be given a canine companion to keep you company."
- Kennel Cleaner, M-F, 17:00 - 23:00, 18 simoleans per hour
"You've impressed the boss and they want to keep you on - question is, can you handle the messy jobs? People pay big money to give their dogs the best, and that means pristine kennels and sparkling food bowls. Grab your music player and scrub those floors with a smile! Count your blessings - at least you're inside."
- Morning Food Distributor, M-F, 05:00 - 12:00, 26 simoleans per hour
"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day no matter if you've got two legs or four. You'll be prepping the morning meals so they're ready for the clients when their owners drop them off before work. Plenty of luxury food is being served - probably more gourmet than the ready meals in your own fridge..."
- Check in Staff, M-F, 05:00 - 12:00, 35 simoleans per hour
"You're on the front lines greeting puppy parents and ensuring that their little darlings are in safe hands for the day. Put on your cheeriest customer service voice, get good at memorising favourite toys, and brush up on as many synonyms for "cute," as you can think of, since it applies to every dog that walks in."
- Dog Walker, M-F, 09:00 - 15:00, 47 simoleans per hour
"Want to go back to the good ol' days of long walks on the beach and jogs through the park? Now you can, with a faithful friend at your side! Break in your walking shoes and pick a favourite route, because there's plenty of dogs waiting to be walked and all of them have an infinite amount of energy."
- Dog Groomer, M-F, 09:00 - 15:00, 60 simoleans per hour
"There's a certain expectation when people pay you for luxury, and that definitely extends to their dogs. You'll need to use the vanilla-scented detangler and shampoo with essence of coconut to get these pooches clean and be willing to sing along with those so cruelly trapped in the bath tub. A little advice; don't wear anything you don't want covered in soap suds."
- Obedience Class Trainer, M-F, 16:00 - 21:30, 95 simoleans per hour
"Ten-shun! You've got to get these pups up to snuff, and you'll need a firm yet understanding touch to bring out their potential. Don't take any nonsense and try not to roll your eyes when your clients insist their dogs are perfect angels. Keep a cool head and a smile on your face - your students will learn to sit, speak, and shake before you know it!"
- Kennel Manager, M-F, 09:00 - 16:00, 110 simoleans per hour
"You might be top dog, but there's still plenty of work to do! You're the face of the company which means a lot of schmoozing - smoothing over difficult customer interactions and stepping in to calm down an overexcited dog, to name but a few. Nonetheless, there's still plenty of time to spend with the dogs in between phone calls and meetings, and if you want to sneak out for a walk with your favourite, there's no one who can tell you no!"
- All of the encouragement I've received from the wonderful folks over at MissyHissy's Job Centre Discord server. We'd love to have more people if you fancy taking a look!
- Particular thanks to MissyHissy, MissPat, and Kawab for their unfailing patience and help when building this mod, as well as MissyHissy's walkthrough for making careers.
- Also a huge thanks to LittleCheshire for providing amazing insight for the job titles and wages to try and keep some degree of realism.
No metadata could be extracted from this file
Title: Doggie Day Care
Description: Prefer dogs to children and would rather play fetch than peek-a-boo? Doggie Day Care might just be the answer! You'll spend your time looking after your town's most prized pets and keeping them safe and happy, but be warned! You'll still have to deal with mess, playfighting, and getting covered in dog hair; start investing in lint rollers.
Size: 54.6 KB · Downloads: 18 · 26th Jan 2022
|54.6 KB||18||26th Jan 2022|
Doggie Day Care English Strings.zip
Size: 2.6 KB · Downloads: 163 · 7th Dec 2021
|2.6 KB||163||7th Dec 2021|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: