MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper - rip sims from savegames, V3.11 uploaded 1/21/2022

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 7:36 PM - Updated 21st Jan 2022 at 4:57 PM by CmarNYC
1426 Comments / replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
I'm now limiting my support of this tool to fixing problems caused by patches and bugs affecting EA content, and no longer trying to exactly duplicate every bit of CC out there. Please feel free to report problems with CC and I'll take a look at them IF you provide your sim troubleshooting info, but no guarantees that I'll fix them.

This is a tool to read TS4 save files, list the sims, and create a mesh of the sim with all the appropriate morphs applied, hopefully duplicating the appearance of the sim in the game. The mesh can then be saved in a choice of mesh formats. The composited diffuse and specular textures are also saved. Optionally a composited bumpmap and emissionmap can be saved, but these are experimental and may not be useful.

Meshes exported as Collada DAE can be imported into Blender (or other 3D editors that support DAE) with rig and bone assignments.

To use: Extract the tool folder from the attached zip and run TS4SimRipper.exe. Select a save file, then click on any of the sim's names which appear on the left. After several seconds the sim should appear and you can use the outfit dropdown to change outfits and the save buttons to save the sim in the current outfit.

WHEN ASKING FOR HELP WITH A PROBLEM, PLEASE UPLOAD THE SIM TROUBLESHOOTING INFO, ALONG WITH PICTURES AND ERROR MESSAGES IF APPROPRIATE. IF THE SIM WON'T DISPLAY, REMOVE ALL CC AND MODS. IF IT STILL WON'T DISPLAY, UPLOAD YOUR SAVED GAME. IF IT DOES DISPLAY, ADD YOUR CC AND MODS IN A FEW AT A TIME AND FIGURE OUT WHICH IS CAUSING THE ERROR, THEN UPLOAD THAT CC/MOD PACKAGE AND YOUR SAVED GAME.

WE CAN ALL SAVE TIME AND ANNOYANCE IF I DON'T HAVE TO ASK EVERY TIME.


Requirements: .NET 4.5, 64-bit Windows. No Mac and no plans to support Mac, sorry.

* Please note that with custom content and default replacements supported, if you're using adult skins and meshes they may show up.

Tutorial on the basics of using these meshes in Blender, including importing textures and animations and transferring normals: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=639931

Known problems/limitations:
- Some, maybe all, big dogs may have distortion in the meshes.
- Animations for big dogs look like they were made for a much larger animal and there's distortion of the head. Animations for little dogs and cats are fine. No idea why.
- Pet collars and clothing do not (yet) compress fluffy fur and will disappear into the fur on floofy pets.
- When loading toddlers or children, you may get errors saying one or more physique morphs (heavy/muscle/thin/bony) was not found. As far as I can tell this is normal and caused by some of the body morphs not being implemented for children/toddlers.
- The edges of hair meshes may be slightly visible, especially in Blender. This may be a normals problem.
- Some skin details and makeup don't show up as visibly as they should.
- Cleaning DAE meshes seems not to be working very well.

A note about error messages:
- Error messages saying it can't find presets, sim modifiers, BGEOs, DMaps, or BoneDeltas may or may not mean anything. In most cases it's caused by a custom preset or slider you used to have but have removed. The preset/slider reference may still be in the sim's data.
- Error messages saying it can't find a LRLE texture may or may not mean anything. Because of the workarounds used for CC makeup and skins the 'LRLE' texture may actually be an RLE.
- If the sim looks right, don't worry about the messages.

Please note the Collada DAE format will import into Blender with all skeleton and joint assignments intact. Unfortunately their importer will not keep the original normals. IMO in most cases that probably won't make a significant difference but the people who may use these meshes in Blender will have to determine that. Possibly they can export in both DAE and OBJ and transfer data in Blender.

Texturing and alpha transparency:
- Starting in version 2.3, textures are linked into DAE meshes and will be loaded automatically as long as the textures are in the same folder as the DAE. All you should have to do is change the Viewport Shading (next to the Mode selection) to Material.
- To make transparency work and to adjust shine:
-- If alpha hairs or other meshes that use alpha transparency aren't displaying correctly: After importing the DAE, expand the rig and select any mesh, click the Texture icon in the properties under the objects listing, select the first texture, scroll down to the Influence section, and under Diffuse put a check next to Alpha.
-- To adjust shine intensity: select a mesh and click on the Texture icon as above, then select the second texture (which should be the specular) scroll down to the Influence section, and under Specular change the Intensity number. Higher numbers = more shine.

Pictures include sims in SimRipper and in Milkshape. I'm hopeless in Blender but have managed to do a couple of screenshots.

If you're reporting a problem, please, please don't just say 'It doesn't work'. I need to see error messages, a description of the problem, pictures if possible, whether it's happening with all sims or certain sims. If you have an error message saying the tool can't read something, please post a screenshot of the message or the text. You can blur or edit any file paths that contain personal information. Please only include the first 10 lines or so in comments.

As of version 3.3, you can click the "Sim Troubleshooting Info" button and save a zip including the information and error listings and the CC resources the sim is using. Please upload this zip with your report of a problem, it'll save everyone a lot of time. PLEASE INCLUDE IT WHEN YOU POST SO I DON'T HAVE TO ASK.




Image and package handling is done with s4pi: https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools

1/21/2022, Version 3.11.0.0:
- The older skin blend some people wanted back has been added as an option, called 'Original'.
- You can now separately save the complete composited texture/specular, the 'glass' texture/specular, the skin texture alone, composited makeup texture/specular, composited clothing texture/specular, composited normal map (optionally converted to the RGB format used by many/most tools), and composited emission map.
- Normal maps and emission maps (if any) are now always generated.
- Made shadows more subtle to better duplicate appearance in-game.
- Fixed seam gaps at the ankles in children in some clothing.
- Fixed skin definition textures with facial lines and shadows being smoothed over.
- Fixed bug causing animals to error out.
- Fixed normal maps not being resized correctly before compositing.

12/5/2021, Version 3.10.0.0:
- Overhauled treatment of the combination of a female top with a male bottom, to eliminate gaps at the waist under some circumstances.
- Overhauled the Sim Troubleshooting Info:
--- Now only saves the CC resources actually used instead of whole CC packages, drastically reducing the size of the zip in most cases.
--- Now includes the save game.
--- Now includes resources from expansion/stuff/etc. packs for testing purposes since I may not have the packs you're using.
- Fixed a bug causing some resources to not be readable under some circumstances.
- Error messages concerning failure to open or read packages are now more detailed.

Please note that you must upload a Sim Troubleshooting zip for EACH outfit you're reporting a problem with.

9/20/2021, Version 3.9.1.0:
- Added support for fingernails and toenails.
- Added options for alternate sort orders of skin details. If one's not working, try the others.
- Added buttons to save skin textures and clothing/makeup/hair/accessory textures separately.
- Added sorting of sims by first name and household as well as last name.
- Tweaked the texture sort order to include ordering by composition method.
- Restricted the sim troubleshooting info to the current outfit.

8/15/2021, Version 3.8.2.0:
- Another fix for skin detail overlays. This may be the best I can do in this area.

7/21/2021, Version 3.8.1.0:
- Fixes the issue of clothing textures appearing transparent in older save games, putting your poor sim in a skin suit.

6/17/2021, Version 3.8.0.0:
- Changed the order in which skin detail overlays are applied to fix some being hidden by others. If you still have disappearing overlays, please upload an example package.
- Will now read custom CAS modifier tuning, supporting enabling and tweaking of morphs.
- Added support for skin and makeup sliders.
- Added options for skin blending.
- Changed the preview to an orthographic camera.
Notes:
- SimRipper does not have the same limits as the game on what the color sliders can be used on, so if hue, saturation, brightness, and/or opacity have adjustment values in the save game those adjustments will be shown.
- Since I've never been happy with the skintone blending, I've added additional methods that you can choose. "Blend" is the old method which is almost unchanged. "HSV" retains color better with mid-tone skins but looks terrible with light skin. With "HSL" medium and light skins may look sallow or slightly bluish. Very dark skin looks almost the same in all three but may vary a little in brightness. There's also an option of whether to apply the overlaid "Colorize" color - with most skins this will make little or no difference.
- Using an orthographic camera instead of a perspective one should eliminate perspective distortion making noses, ears, etc. appear too big, and duplicate the view in CAS a little better.

5/11/2021, Version 3.7.0.0:
- Will now skip unreadable packages instead of crashing.
- Will now skip invalid bone assignments when converting to Collada DAE.
- Fixed glitches at hairline with some alpha hairs.
- Fixed very short hair disappearing when used with a hat.
- Fixed some CC with nonstandard vertex paint not morphing correctly.
- Added support for painted pet coats.
- Known problems:
---Textures not saving on some systems. Try saving them in another location.
---Alpha hair and eyelashes may not render correctly. I believe this is a rendering problem in Windows WPF and Blender since they show up correctly in Milkshape and look different in WPF vs Blender.

2/26/2021, Version 3.6.0.0:
- Fixed skins showing up bluish gray after the 2/25 patch.
- Changed how images are saved in hopes of fixing the GDI+ errors some users are getting.
- Fixed bug causing children and toddlers to appear pregnant if loaded after a pregnant adult.

1/16/2021, Version 3.5.0.0:
- Fixed layer order of face sculpt textures causing cheek and forehead sculpts to layer default or blank definition over the other features.

1/13/2021, Version 3.4.2.0:
- Fixed bug causing default replacement skin definitions to not show up.

1/10/2021, Version 3.4.1.0:
- Fixed bug causing some sims in HQ to look like monsters from hell and others to be missing makeup items like eyebrows.

1/6/2021, Version 3.4.0.0:
- Now supports the December patch.
- Added support for the LRLE image type. MAC makeup and all skin definitions should show up correctly.
- Updated the Sim Troubleshooting Info to include only the current outfit.
- PLEASE NOTE: MAKEUP AND SKIN SLIDERS ARE NOT YET SUPPORTED. You'll get the makeup/skin color but without any slider adjustments.

11/18/2020, Version 3.3.0.0:
- Added a button to "Save Sim Troubleshooting Info". This will let you save a zip file with the information and error listings and copies of all the CC packages used by the sim. You can then upload the zip to your comment reporting the problem.

11/17/2020, Version 3.2.0.0:
- Update to support new version of savegame data.
- Toddler eyebrows and other makeup textures along with the eye colors added in a patch are now included along with skin definition files. Most toddlers should show up correctly.

10/20/2020, Version 3.1.0.0:
- Bugfix for sims with alpha hair and no other alpha parts failing to save as solid and glass meshes and textures.
- Diffuse textures now blended with premultiplication to avoid blending artifacts on some parts.
- The preview will now reflect the different saving options, which handle the skin texture a little differently. This will make no difference in the majority of cases but sometimes may give you a more accurate idea of how it will look in Blender or other tools.

10/14/2020, Version 3.0.0.0:
- Lots of fixes for the Oct. 6 patch. This update has not been fully tested but I wanted to get something out there that's at least mostly working. Please report problems.
- Added option to save as solid and glass meshes and textures, like in older versions.
- Added option to save DAE meshes without linked textures.

8/30/2020, Version 2.3.3.2:
- Fixed bug causing textures to not save to some folders.

8/23/2020, Version 2.3.2:
- Fixed bug causing overlays to not appear. They still may be fainter than you expect.
- Bone morphs will no longer crash on faces with a zero length side.
- Fixed unevenness in long dresses and skirts with some morphs.
- Increased the precision of bone morph calculations. Much to my surprise, .NET uses different mechanisms for floating point arithmetic in 32-bit vs 64-bit, which apparently is why the MS3D meshes had the arms at the wrong angle in 64-bit but not in 32-bit. Using double precision has fixed that and may help with small rig errors a couple of people have reported.

8/18/2020, Version 2.3:
- Added HQ texture support.
- Textures are now linked into DAE meshes. Import the DAE and change the Viewport Shading to Material and you should see the model with diffuse and specular textures. See instructions above under "Texturing and alpha transparency".
- Some alpha hairs or accessories may not display correctly using the main diffuse texture if they've been uv-mapped onto face or body areas. In that case you can save a 'glass' texture which has no skin texture background and import it for your alpha mesh that's not looking right.
- Optionally meshes can be saved as one mesh or as multiple mesh parts, one for each part of the sim: head, hair, body, accessories, etc.
-- Separate mesh parts will show visible seams between parts because Blender doesn't import the normals correctly. You may be able to correct this by importing an obj of the same model and transferring normals as explained in the tutorial above.
-- Having "Clean DAE Mesh" checked and saving as a single mesh will in most cases give you a mesh with no visible seams.
- Fix for null reference exceptions affecting occult sims, possibly due to a change in the EA save game format.
- Various fixes.

7/26/2020, Version 2.2.2:
- Fix for new version of the CASP introduced in the Knitting patch.
- You can now select different bone sizes in Blender. A setting of 9 gives you pretty visible bones.
- This is an interim update to get the CASPs working again. Still working on separate part meshes, HQ support, and various fixes.

6/4/2020, Version 2.2.1:
- The June 3, 2020 patch seems to have changed the way makeup textures are compressed, resulting in eyecolor, eyebrows, lipstick etc. not appearing. This is an interim update which uses older versions of those textures. Any new makeup that came with the June 3 patch will not show up correctly.

5/31/2020, Version 2.2.0: (Yes, I messed up the version number.)
- Bone morphs are reworked to hopefully be more accurate in extreme morphs and scaling.
- The creation and save speed for Collada .DAE meshes is substantially improved.
- Uses a better folder browser for choosing paths in the setup.
- *known bug* Milkshape meshes have an error in the rig causing the arm bones to be positioned wrong. Collada DAE meshes seem to be fine.

2/26/20, Version 2.0.2:
- Failure to correctly read CASModifier tuning in countries that use a comma as a decimal marker has been fixed. This caused the modifiers not to be read, and is likely the cause of crashing when trying to load a sim.

2/23/20, Version 2.0:
- There are now three file paths that can be modified in Setup if needed: The path to the game files, the full path to the Mods folder, and the full path to the Saves folder.
- You can now filter the list of sims in a save game listing by species, gender, and age.
- There is now a button to save textures only.
- A missing Region Map should no longer cause crashing.
- Errors are now logged and can be displayed by clicking the Show Errors button.
- The listing of the sim's information (background info, morphs, CAS parts, etc.) is no longer shown in the tool but can be displayed by clicking the "Show Sim Information Listing" button.
- Duplication of sims' appearance, especially children and toddlers, has been improved by the inclusion of CAS Modifier tuning. (Thanks, Menaceman44!)
- Males in female frame now have flattened breasts when wearing female tops.
- Filling of the waist gap when combining female tops and male bottoms should now work correctly in all clothing.
- A pregnant morph can now be applied to cats and dogs.
- Tans and sunburns are now supported, with or without tan lines. (Tan lines must be created in the game.)
- The correct parts of pants should now be removed when combined with boots.
- I fiddled with the bumpmaps and emission maps, but I can't tell if it's an improvement.

1/23/20, Version 1.9.2:
- Fixed Collada DAE meshes exported on systems with languages that use a comma for decimals not importing the rig into Blender correctly.
- Fixed the teeth texture and made the inner mouth color more realistic.
- Tweaked skin colors a little.

1/15/20, Version 1.9:
- Animations should now work well in Blender.
- CAS parts using the SimGlass shader are now supported. They will be a separate mesh part within the Collada, OBJ, or MS3D file, and their texture will be exported to separate images named as Glass. At this time all glass parts will be combined into one mesh part. This will however affect only transparency hair in most cases.

12/18/19, Version 1.8:
- Bugfixes for locality differences.
- Skin details are now blended according to the composition method.
- Occult states added. Occult sims with an alternate form can now be put into that form.
- Pregnant sims will now have a pregnant morph applied, and a slider for pregnancy progress can make any sim appear pregnant. (Human sims only so far.)
- Improved appearance of light skin colors.

12/6/19, Version 1.7:
- Added more robust handling of errors in reading resources. If a resource can't be read, the tool will now tell you the resource type, tgi, and the package it's in; and ignore it.
- Now uses skintone settings for makeup opacity, so your sims should no longer look like they put blush and eyeshadow on with a trowel.
Tags: #TS4, #Sim, #Ripper

Operating System: Windows
Utility Type: Miscellaneous
Plugin Type: Not Applicable

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
TS4SimRipper_3_11_0_0.zip | Extract the folder and run TS4SimRipper.exe

Size: 2.47 MB · Downloads: 45,395 · 21st Jan 2022
2.47 MB 45,395 21st Jan 2022
TS4SimRipper Source 1-21-2022.zip | Source files, not needed to use the tool

Size: 2.89 MB · Downloads: 7,733 · 21st Jan 2022
2.89 MB 7,733 21st Jan 2022
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
 
1426 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1328 Feedback Posts, 62 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 53 of 58
Test Subject
#1301 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 3:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
I don't use TSR Manager so I can't be sure. From reading about it, it just installs packages into a folder in your mods folder so that should work with SimRipper unless there's something strange about the packages. It's possible it sets protections on the folder that prevent SimRipper from opening it.

Is it only the TSR Manager CC that isn't showing up? Could you zip and upload a sample TSR package?

I was finally able to test and it does seem to be only the TSR Manager CC that isn't showing up. I have attached a sample TSR package.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip sclub_ts4_LLhair_n116(Tyra).zip (70.81 MB, 7 downloads)
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#1302 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise_Dream
I was finally able to test and it does seem to be only the TSR Manager CC that isn't showing up. I have attached a sample TSR package.


The package looks fine. Are you getting error messages when you start SimRipper? If so please upload a screenshot. If not, please check the path where the TSR packages are located and upload a screenshot of that folder with the path and of the SimRipper settings.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1303 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
The package looks fine. Are you getting error messages when you start SimRipper? If so please upload a screenshot. If not, please check the path where the TSR packages are located and upload a screenshot of that folder with the path and of the SimRipper settings.

I have attached a screenshot of the messages I receive when starting SimRipper
Screenshots
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#1304 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise_Dream
I have attached a screenshot of the messages I receive when starting SimRipper


And that's the problem, SimRipper finds but can't open those packages. I'm working on a new version which will show the details of those errors and I'll upload it when it's ready. Meanwhile you could check the protections on those packages and the TSR folder they're in.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1305 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 2:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
And that's the problem, SimRipper finds but can't open those packages. I'm working on a new version which will show the details of those errors and I'll upload it when it's ready. Meanwhile you could check the protections on those packages and the TSR folder they're in.

Thank you :p
Test Subject
#1306 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 12:09 AM
My ripper is not opening
Hey I cant seem to open the ripper I have tried and it gave me this

[/IMG]file:///C:/Users/ameli/Downloads/error.png

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/ameli/Downloads/errpr.png

this is my first time uploading photos and having a comment so if they dont show up I will show you at my gmail my gmail is amelialeedean@gmail.com please dont be mad at me I am new to this
basicly my sim ripper is not letting me in and I dont know why also here is the zip hopefuly it show up

i don't know how to do zip or send zip I am sorry


wait nvm I learned plz help
Screenshots
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#1307 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 9:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lps.Dreams*
Hey I cant seem to open the ripper I have tried and it gave me this

[/IMG]file:///C:/Users/ameli/Downloads/error.png

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/ameli/Downloads/errpr.png

this is my first time uploading photos and having a comment so if they dont show up I will show you at my gmail my gmail is amelialeedean@gmail.com please dont be mad at me I am new to this
basicly my sim ripper is not letting me in and I dont know why also here is the zip hopefuly it show up

i don't know how to do zip or send zip I am sorry


wait nvm I learned plz help


If you're getting the first message, try making SimRipper an exception in your antivirus. If that doesn't help, you'll probably have to look in your system error logs to find out what's preventing the tool from running.

If you're getting the second message, SimRipper can't find your game files and you'll have to go into the settings and put in the correct path.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#1308 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 5:01 PM
Version 3.10.0.0 is uploaded.

- Overhauled treatment of the combination of a female top with a male bottom, to eliminate gaps at the waist under some circumstances.
- Overhauled the Sim Troubleshooting Info:
--- Now only saves the CC resources actually used instead of whole CC packages, drastically reducing the size of the zip in most cases.
--- Now includes the save game.
--- Now includes resources from expansion/stuff/etc. packs for testing purposes since I may not have the packs you're using.
- Fixed a bug causing some resources to not be readable under some circumstances.
- Error messages concerning failure to open or read packages are now more detailed.

Please note that you must upload a Sim Troubleshooting zip for EACH outfit you're reporting a problem with.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1309 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 8:07 PM
Thanks a lot for the update!
Test Subject
DELETED POST
5th Dec 2021 at 11:22 PM
Default Cannot open sims + "can't find game packages" in the beginning
This message has been deleted by OneXan.
Test Subject
#1310 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 11:24 PM
Default Can't open sims + "can't find game packages" in the start
Hi, I have some errors in the program :/

When I open it, it says that "can't find game packages" even if I supposedly selected the right path.
Also, when I try to open any sim, it displays the "working..." for less than 1 sec and nothing happens, but when I try again it displays an error message.
Here's the error message I got when trying to open a random EA's sim: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ou...iew?usp=sharing

(Sorry for any English mistakes, not a native speaker)
Screenshots
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#1311 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 5:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneXan
Hi, I have some errors in the program :/

When I open it, it says that "can't find game packages" even if I supposedly selected the right path.
Also, when I try to open any sim, it displays the "working..." for less than 1 sec and nothing happens, but when I try again it displays an error message.
Here's the error message I got when trying to open a random EA's sim: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ou...iew?usp=sharing

(Sorry for any English mistakes, not a native speaker)


The game packages path should end in '\The Sims 4' not '\The Sims 4\Game\Bin'.

That path does not look like a standard installation so it may not work. If you're not running a legitimate copy of Sims 4 this site can't support you.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1312 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 4:25 AM
Hi the latest version of sim ripper does not work with the skintone sliders....my sim comes out much lighter than they are in game. let me know what files I should upload
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#1313 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simcelebrity00
Hi the latest version of sim ripper does not work with the skintone sliders....my sim comes out much lighter than they are in game. let me know what files I should upload


I didn't change the skin blending. Try the different options for skin blending - maybe you set it when using the old version and it's set back to default in the new one. If that doesn't help, please upload pictures of your sim in the game, your sim in SimRipper with the skin blend option you're using, and the sim troubleshooting info.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1314 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
I didn't change the skin blending. Try the different options for skin blending - maybe you set it when using the old version and it's set back to default in the new one. If that doesn't help, please upload pictures of your sim in the game, your sim in SimRipper with the skin blend option you're using, and the sim troubleshooting info.


Hello! Below I've attached:

1. Screenshots of my sim in the latest version of sim ripper (3.10) going through all of the skin blend options.
2. A comparison of my sim's texture from sim ripper (3.7) and sim ripper (3.10)
3. What my sim is supposed to look like rendered as well as a screenshot of her in game!
4. I have also uploaded the troubleshoot info!!

hopefully this helps!!!

thank you.
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Model1_TroubleShoot.zip (4.46 MB, 3 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#1315 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 1:22 AM
Version 3.10 shows me incorrect nude female top and bottom. It shows WickedWhims body while in fact Cmar's body is used (I have both installed and I can choose in the game which one to use and saved sim uses Cmar's body). This worked correctly before.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Диана Факер_TroubleShoot.zip (17.35 MB, 3 downloads)
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#1316 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 3:48 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 9th Dec 2021 at 5:24 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simcelebrity00
Hello! Below I've attached:

1. Screenshots of my sim in the latest version of sim ripper (3.10) going through all of the skin blend options.
2. A comparison of my sim's texture from sim ripper (3.7) and sim ripper (3.10)
3. What my sim is supposed to look like rendered as well as a screenshot of her in game!
4. I have also uploaded the troubleshoot info!!

hopefully this helps!!!

thank you.


You mean the dark band across the forehead under the hairline? I don't know where that's coming from since it's not on the saved texture. Did you try saving the mesh to see how it looks in Blender? Version 3.7 is fairly old and I'm sure I've changed the skin blending since then, but the third skin blend option looks to me like a pretty good match for the skin color. I'm pretty sure one of the skin blend options is basically the same as the older version, but I'll have to check.

The troubleshooting packages in the zip are empty so I can't test. I have no idea why.

* Edited.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#1317 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 4:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_guy
Version 3.10 shows me incorrect nude female top and bottom. It shows WickedWhims body while in fact Cmar's body is used (I have both installed and I can choose in the game which one to use and saved sim uses Cmar's body). This worked correctly before.


So you have both default replacement tops in the game at the same time? How do you choose between them in the game? IMO it's likely that with conflicting resources like this SimRipper simply is not choosing the same one as the game. That should be easy to fix if it's really the problem.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1318 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 7:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
You mean the dark band across the forehead under the hairline? I don't know where that's coming from since it's not on the saved texture. Did you try saving the mesh to see how it looks in Blender? Version 3.7 is fairly old and I'm sure I've changed the skin blending since then, but the third skin blend option looks to me like a pretty good match for the skin color. I'm pretty sure one of the skin blend options is basically the same as the older version, but I'll have to check.

The troubleshooting packages in the zip are empty so I can't test. I have no idea why.

* Edited.


hello!!! the dark band across the forehead has to do with the mesh but that's not the issue and an easy fix....I am talking about the skintone. None of the skin blends match the sims actual skintone I have exported them all and have compared...I run into this issue with all of my sims, especially my dark skintone sims.

I have been using 3.7 because all of the later versions have been giving me a hard time with the skintones...not sure if anyone else has experienced this with their game.

i've unzipped the file and this site only allows me to attach the text file. All the other files are resource packages and a save file :/ hopefully this helps in some way.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: txt Sim Information.txt (12.6 KB, 2 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#1319 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 10:32 AM Last edited by wild_guy : 9th Dec 2021 at 10:48 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
So you have both default replacement tops in the game at the same time? How do you choose between them in the game? IMO it's likely that with conflicting resources like this SimRipper simply is not choosing the same one as the game. That should be easy to fix if it's really the problem.
Yeah, WW has its own embedded female body in both non-default and default versions but a user can also use another default replacement if they want. WW has in-game option (body selector) to apply body parts to sims and it can apply user's default override instead of its own due to the mod loading order (user's default replacement mod must load first to override the WW one). In fact they are conflicting resources, yes, but this is how it's intended to work. I can't switch between WW and user's default replacements, the goal here is to use custom default replacement instead of the one that is embedded in WW.
So my sim was saved with custom default replacement which is female body taken from your Anatomy mod and I had no any problem with that using the previous Sim Ripper version, the tool always shown me correct body. I always thought it takes the body meshes just from the save file and WickedWhims doesn't affect this so I'm a little confused now.
I just tried to save my sim after applying non-default top via WW body selector and Sim Ripper shows me correct mesh, so I guess the problem is in default replacement only.
Could you fix this, please?
P.S. Just in case it matters, Turbodriver reworked the integrated save system in the latest WW update.
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#1320 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 6:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simcelebrity00
hello!!! the dark band across the forehead has to do with the mesh but that's not the issue and an easy fix....I am talking about the skintone. None of the skin blends match the sims actual skintone I have exported them all and have compared...I run into this issue with all of my sims, especially my dark skintone sims.

I have been using 3.7 because all of the later versions have been giving me a hard time with the skintones...not sure if anyone else has experienced this with their game.

i've unzipped the file and this site only allows me to attach the text file. All the other files are resource packages and a save file :/ hopefully this helps in some way.


Everything but pictures has to be in a zip or 7z so if you tried to upload packages that's the problem. That said, sometimes the site won't let me upload things either.

The skintone is never going to be an exact match - I had to guess how EA blends the skins and everything I've tried either looks wrong with dark colors, looks wrong with light colors, or both. It's been extremely frustrating but I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about color spaces and blending methods. However, the old 3.7 version does look fairly good and comparing them side by side I can see a difference especially in dark tones. (Your eyes are probably better than mine so differences are more obvious to you.) I've taken the 3.7 version and added it as an option to the skin blend methods, called Blend37 for lack of a better name.

Please note that Blend37 does not support color shifts. I can add that in later if there's a need. I've also made SimRipper save your choice of blend methods, which I thought I had done already.

I've attached a test version for you to try out - please let me know.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip TS4SimRipper_3_10_1_0.zip (2.45 MB, 10 downloads)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#1321 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 6:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_guy
Yeah, WW has its own embedded female body in both non-default and default versions but a user can also use another default replacement if they want. WW has in-game option (body selector) to apply body parts to sims and it can apply user's default override instead of its own due to the mod loading order (user's default replacement mod must load first to override the WW one). In fact they are conflicting resources, yes, but this is how it's intended to work. I can't switch between WW and user's default replacements, the goal here is to use custom default replacement instead of the one that is embedded in WW.
So my sim was saved with custom default replacement which is female body taken from your Anatomy mod and I had no any problem with that using the previous Sim Ripper version, the tool always shown me correct body. I always thought it takes the body meshes just from the save file and WickedWhims doesn't affect this so I'm a little confused now.
I just tried to save my sim after applying non-default top via WW body selector and Sim Ripper shows me correct mesh, so I guess the problem is in default replacement only.
Could you fix this, please?
P.S. Just in case it matters, Turbodriver reworked the integrated save system in the latest WW update.


Depends on how WW implements that option to use other defaults - my hunch is that it renames the packages so the WW versions won't be loaded. The fact that it worked before indicates that's the case. I looked and at some point while developing 3.10 I changed the sort order of the list of CC packages to be reversed, which would change which copy of conflicting resources is loaded. I have no memory of why I did that. Anyway, I've put it back to the old way in the test version attached to the reply just above this one - please give it a try and let me know.

BTW, the save file only saves the instance number of the CASP, not the meshes or anything else linked from the CASP.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1322 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 8:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Everything but pictures has to be in a zip or 7z so if you tried to upload packages that's the problem. That said, sometimes the site won't let me upload things either.

The skintone is never going to be an exact match - I had to guess how EA blends the skins and everything I've tried either looks wrong with dark colors, looks wrong with light colors, or both. It's been extremely frustrating but I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about color spaces and blending methods. However, the old 3.7 version does look fairly good and comparing them side by side I can see a difference especially in dark tones. (Your eyes are probably better than mine so differences are more obvious to you.) I've taken the 3.7 version and added it as an option to the skin blend methods, called Blend37 for lack of a better name.

Please note that Blend37 does not support color shifts. I can add that in later if there's a need. I've also made SimRipper save your choice of blend methods, which I thought I had done already.

I've attached a test version for you to try out - please let me know.


It works!!! I changed it to Blend37 and the skin color showed up properly!!! looks great. Thank you for all of your help!!
Lab Assistant
#1323 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 6:08 PM Last edited by wild_guy : 10th Dec 2021 at 6:20 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
I looked and at some point while developing 3.10 I changed the sort order of the list of CC packages to be reversed, which would change which copy of conflicting resources is loaded. I have no memory of why I did that. Anyway, I've put it back to the old way in the test version attached to the reply just above this one - please give it a try and let me know.
Yes! The test version works great and gives me correct body

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
The skintone is never going to be an exact match - I had to guess how EA blends the skins and everything I've tried either looks wrong with dark colors, looks wrong with light colors, or both. It's been extremely frustrating but I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about color spaces and blending methods. However, the old 3.7 version does look fairly good and comparing them side by side I can see a difference especially in dark tones. (Your eyes are probably better than mine so differences are more obvious to you.) I've taken the 3.7 version and added it as an option to the skin blend methods, called Blend37 for lack of a better name.
For my sims (they have light skintones) the old 3.7 version blending looks worse and I like the new method more.
Just a thought about names: Blend/Blend (old), Blend/Blend1
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#1324 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 7:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_guy
Yes! The test version works great and gives me correct body

For my sims (they have light skintones) the old 3.7 version blending looks worse and I like the new method more.
Just a thought about names: Blend/Blend (old), Blend/Blend1


Thanks for letting me know! Yeah, I need a short name to fit in the space so since Blend(Old) won't fit I may go with Blend1 or Blend* or Original or something.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Page 53 of 58