MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Zombies Generated At Full Moon - 2 Flavors

by Personcalledjoy Posted 16th Sep 2012 at 9:43 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2012 at 10:40 PM by Personcalledjoy : Update News 1.42 - Not Compatible
119 Comments / replies (Who?) - 25 Thanks Posts
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
**I have received word that GameplayData has not changed during patch 1.39. Therefore, this mod will be compatible with both 1.39 and 1.38.**

**Presently this mod is not compatible with patch 1.42 - I will be patching in the next few days to play seasons - sorry, I do not EP patch until I get the EP as no home connection downloading a patch for me is too slow lol so I need to buy the disc. My sincerest apologies to everyone who has updated & has not been able to use it, but I'll need to update it before I can even play my game so it won't be long now**


I created these mods due to my coward trait & the fact I'd like my sims to be able to experience the other features of the lunar cycle without being attacked by zombies every 6 days.

Both versions of the mod will allow the user to create their own zombies using the manual player directed ingame methods.

Neither version of the mod will remove existing zombies and therefore if you have any in your world you will need to delete them using testingcheatsenabled true & shift clicking on the mailbox or a mod (eg. Nraas Master Controller.)

Mod Versions

ByeByeZombies -- Prevents the game from generating any zombies at the beginning of full moon. It also prevents the game from generating any extra zombies during the full moon. This version of the mod also disables any autonomous turning sims into zombies & disables the transmission of the zombified buff. Therefore, even if you were to be attacked by an existing zombie, your sim will not become a zombie itself. Only the player is able to create a zombie and any zombies created by the player will be unable to spread the infection.

ByeByeZombiesLite - Prevents the game from generating any zombies at the beginning of full moon. It also prevents the game from generating any extra zombies during the full moon. This version of the mod does not disable the transmission of zombification & thus any player created or existing zombie will be able to spread the zombified buff as usual.

You must only use one of the above files.

Additional Files (may be used separately or aswell as one of the above file)

Addition-Brainfreeze - Prevents the dessert Brainfreeze a la Mod from turning sims into a zombie. By default the dessert has a 50/50 chance of creating a zombie and 10% chance of perma-zombifying an existing zombie. This files removes this feature. It can be used with one of the above files to decrease the chances of encountering zombies in your world or you can use it by itself if you think eating ice cream is simply a too accessible method of creating zombies. Please note, this additional file by itself will not prevent zombies spawning or zombie transmission.

This is an xml mod, it can be removed at any time & the game will revert to normal. It will only conflict with other files that modify the below mentioned xml files.

This mod was created with version 1.38. It may or may not need to be updated after future updates.

The xml files that have been editted are -
Both - LunarCycleManager
ByeByeZombies Only - Zombified Socials
ByeByeZombies Only - ApplyZombieEffect
Addition-Brainfreeze - BuffZombieFreeze

Additional Credits:
EA - Image of zombies.

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 3 Supernatural
Built with Game Version: 1.38
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
ByeByeZombie-Addition-BrainFreeze.zip

Size: 2.7 KB · Downloads: 8,362 · 16th Sep 2012
2.7 KB 8,362 16th Sep 2012
NoMoreZombiesLite.zip | No zombies created by game at full moon. Player created zombies & existing zombies can spread buff however.

Size: 957 Bytes · Downloads: 15,961 · 16th Sep 2012
957 Bytes 15,961 16th Sep 2012
NoMoreZombies.zip | No zombies created by game at full moon. Also no transmission of zombified buff. Only player can create new zombies but even these cannot turn other sims into zombies.

Size: 2.9 KB · Downloads: 39,296 · 16th Sep 2012
2.9 KB 39,296 16th Sep 2012
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
 
119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 2:05 PM
I have too many zombies coming from Sunlit Tides Performance Stage... LoL thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:10 PM
Thank You, Thank You. It seems like every 5 minutes a zombie pops out of the ground. They even pop out during the day...and it is really getting annoying...Thanks Again
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Personcalledjoy : 17th Sep 2012 at 3:31 AM. Reason: Typo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyd172
Thank You, Thank You. It seems like every 5 minutes a zombie pops out of the ground. They even pop out during the day...and it is really getting annoying...Thanks Again

The difference I made from the other mods I've seen online was preventing any autonomous "apply zombie effect" thus meaning sims cant even turn into zombies unless player directed. In the full version Ive also haulted any transmission from existing zombies should anyone have some theyre yet to delete. Coupled with the no zombie spawning makes a half decent zombie defence plan. No idea how its holding up in anyone elses game but I have not seen a zombie in mine as I wrote this before I played :-p
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:58 PM
This is great, thank you. I was having trouble with another zombie mod, it took away my full moon completely. So hopefully this won't do that without taking away zombies
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 10:40 PM
But I got ZOMBIES!!!!
I downloaded this mod and it kept zombies away for about 3 Sim days, including a full moon. But on the first day of the waning moon, I had a zombie appear by my back gate?!?! It was doing so well! I haven't been turning anyone into zombies, and I didn't do the Lite version, and I used testingcheatsenabled true to get rid of all zombies. I did NOT get the brain freeze mod you have. Could that be the problem?? Like are regular people eating the brain freeze stuff and getting turned into zombies that way?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 2:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinnrichardson
I downloaded this mod and it kept zombies away for about 3 Sim days, including a full moon. But on the first day of the waning moon, I had a zombie appear by my back gate?!?! It was doing so well! I haven't been turning anyone into zombies, and I didn't do the Lite version, and I used testingcheatsenabled true to get rid of all zombies. I did NOT get the brain freeze mod you have. Could that be the problem?? Like are regular people eating the brain freeze stuff and getting turned into zombies that way?


I put nothing past EA I included it because I found nothing to suggest sims cant eat it autonomously so this *might* have happened. Given the mod prevents all zombie spawns otherwise the only other explanations are - you had an existing zombie that wasnt deleted by the cheat, for some reason you have to do it multiple times it only seems to get rid of 4 or 5 at a time. Or you have a glitch active in the game that is still reading old cached script. Make sure the caches are clear. If you still manage to spawn a zombie after redeleting several times, getting rid of brainfreeze and clearing caches you will need to try twallans most updated overwatch mod which now turns off any *stuck* zombie alarms. People who saved in full moon in their game before the mods came out have a glitch whereby zombies can spawn all the time. Twallans overwatch is the only current fix for that situation. The mod is not a core mod and will not interfere with your game at all, in fact it only gets rid of errors so it should speed it up. Google NRAAS Overwatch if you dont know what Im on about. You need version 75+
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 8:40 PM
Thanks.
Thanks Personcalledjoy. I'll try that out. Sigh. Why didn't EA just give us an easy way to get rid of zombies, for crying out loud???? They drive me bananas sometimes.


erin.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 3:13 AM
When I get Supernatural I'll definetly need this. Sounds like EA's going "HERE YA GO! ZOMBIES!!!!!"
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 9:29 PM
Thanks!

I really want this!!

Although the zombies don't bother my sim, he just laughs when a zombie tries to attack him LOL - They drive me up the WALL!!

thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 3:33 AM
I'm sure going to try this. Anything to get rid of those zombies. I was so looking forward to the changing lunar cycle (along with the upcoming weather expansion), to make the world feel more "real." But the zombie thing just totally ruined my faerie world. Now I have hope.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 12:32 PM
Thanks Zombies are getting on my nerves They always destroy my garden plus when I am playing with story progression on I don't want to worry about my other Sims getting that Zombie bite when I am not playing that lot. This is a much needed mod thanks again.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 3:37 AM
Thank you so much, My first day playing I ran into an issue and ended up with 9 zombies roaming around my house and my first thought was "I can't wait for a mod to remove this bullcrap" I didn't know about the Brain Freeze Ice Cream, So basically EA added a bunch of horrible things that can kill or disfigure your sims, The Magic Jelly Beans can cause instant death "Big Thumbs Down EA"
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 9:25 PM
Hey personcalledjoy....I am one of the unfortunate ones that was unaware of the save during full moon bug. Needless to say I have lots of zombies all day everyday.....I HATE ZOMBIES (not yelling....emphasizing)!
I have only played in Moonlight falls since I installed Supernatural because I was waiting for some brilliant person such as yourself to come up with a mod to delete zombies. Thank you!
My questions are...you said to delete caches...which caches should that be...and since I did not play any other town other than Moonlight Falls, I am assuming that I should not have issues with zombies in those towns once I go to play them with your mod installed....right?
I don't understand why EA did not option on/off for zombies too!
Again thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Personcalledjoy
People who saved in full moon in their game before the mods came out have a glitch whereby zombies can spawn all the time. Twallans overwatch is the only current fix for that situation. The mod is not a core mod and will not interfere with your game at all, in fact it only gets rid of errors so it should speed it up. Google NRAAS Overwatch if you dont know what Im on about. You need version 75+


Thanks for sharing. I had that problem and as soon as I installed overwatch the zombies all filed out and off my lot! I was so close to killing/deleting them allllllll!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 4:03 AM
Perfect! Now my zombies can be raised only by professional animators, or voodoo priests/esses.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 4:36 AM
I havent tried to see how it works in game yet, but I'm thanking you in advance! These freaking zombies are driving me crazy! At first they were interesting, but I cant do anything with them, interact with them or anything otherwise.... so whats the point in them? Blah... THANK YOU TONS!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 3:57 PM
I found this mod, got excited, then couldn't find it again to download it. Had to google it instead of coming through the MTS pages. Weird.

Anyway, thanks a ton for this. I thought zombies were going to be a lifestate in their own right, but it seems EA thought it would be a good idea to make it a temporary disease that plagues your neighborhood every few nights, (and might I add, in the same expansion that they finally give us occult population control, they leave out the most annoying one?). Ridiculous. The only time I want to see a zombie is when the sim has already died and a witch sees it fit to bring them back.

Now all I need is to get rid of the full moon lunacy and blacklight effect, and then maybe I can finally be satisfied with the lunar cycle.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 8:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansudav
Hey personcalledjoy....I am one of the unfortunate ones that was unaware of the save during full moon bug. Needless to say I have lots of zombies all day everyday.....I HATE ZOMBIES (not yelling....emphasizing)!
I have only played in Moonlight falls since I installed Supernatural because I was waiting for some brilliant person such as yourself to come up with a mod to delete zombies. Thank you!
My questions are...you said to delete caches...which caches should that be...and since I did not play any other town other than Moonlight Falls, I am assuming that I should not have issues with zombies in those towns once I go to play them with your mod installed....right?
I don't understand why EA did not option on/off for zombies too!
Again thank you!


You should not have any problems in new towns with mod installed, as even if you set off the glitch, it will be spawning no zombies. However if you want to fix your Moonlight Falls save you can with NRAAS Overwatch version 75+ (Current version 76)
Google "NRAAS Overwatch" and it will take you straight to it. It will fix the problem by removing any erroneous zombie spawning alarms. It should take effect immediately if not withing 24 hours. It will not stop all zombies it just fixes the glitch that means people have lots of zombies outside of the full moon time limit. You need to use overwatch and my mod if you want no zombies period in your Moonlight Falls save.
I personally recommend keeping overwatch and my mod. However you can remove overwatch once you have saved after the glitch has been fixed (wait at least 48 sim hours and DO NOT save at full moon if you remove overwatch.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 12:31 PM
omg thankyou !!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 6:27 PM
I guess I saved during the full moon, because I was getting zombies all the time , spawning on my lot. The only way I was getting rid of them before I got this mod was to invite some one over then use the ask every one to leave option to get them to all go. but before the mod, even as they were all leaving another zombie would be popping up out of the ground.

So, thank you PersoncalledJoy, for this quick fix to my problem.

Also I'll look into the overwatch thing as well, cues some times the game will play the little achievement or accomplishment chime, even though my sim was sleeping. Hopefully overwatch can fix that.

Thanks again
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 9:48 PM
Patch 1.39 against uncontrollably spawning zombies...
"Zombies will no longer continue to spawn after a Full Moon ends when the game has been saved during a Full Moon. A new saved game must be created for this fix to take effect."

FYI

By the way, shall I risk running the game with the total de-zombifying version of this mod now, that I've updated to 1.39?...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitequeen73
Patch 1.39 against uncontrollably spawning zombies...
"Zombies will no longer continue to spawn after a Full Moon ends when the game has been saved during a Full Moon. A new saved game must be created for this fix to take effect."

FYI

By the way, shall I risk running the game with the total de-zombifying version of this mod now, that I've updated to 1.39?...


I doubt EA has fixed the problem in games that already have the glitch and if they have not, running NRAAS Overwatch for 24 sim hours along with a no zombification mod will eradicate your problem :-) And hopefully what EA has solved is any future glitches from occuring so you will be able to save safely. As far as I know, NRAAS Overwatch is the ONLY thing that will fix your current glitched save game. You will still need the no zombies mod along with overwatch if you then want no zombies to spawn at full moon also.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 12:30 AM
Nice mod but, it's really not necessary to get rid of the zombies because EA made a cheat for that.

Creating the world you want to play (General Cheat)

Want to get rid of all zombies- this is one way to do it. Here is a cheat to control your supernatural population by adding or removing supernaturals. First open cheat mode by holding CTRL+SHIFT+C and type "testingcheatsenabled true" Now go to the mailbox on your lot and shift click which will bring up some cheat options for your game. Select "Supernatural Population Control" and this will bring up the option to either add or remove supernatural Sims into your game. Add Supernatural will bring up the type of supernatural you want to add and turn 2 Sims in the world to this supernatural type except for the Sims in your household. The Remove Supernatural works the same way except it will remove all of the supernatural types you selected from the world except if you have that supernatural type in your household.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 3:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedreav0531
Nice mod but, it's really not necessary to get rid of the zombies because EA made a cheat for that.

Creating the world you want to play (General Cheat)

Want to get rid of all zombies- this is one way to do it. Here is a cheat to control your supernatural population by adding or removing supernaturals. First open cheat mode by holding CTRL+SHIFT+C and type "testingcheatsenabled true" Now go to the mailbox on your lot and shift click which will bring up some cheat options for your game. Select "Supernatural Population Control" and this will bring up the option to either add or remove supernatural Sims into your game. Add Supernatural will bring up the type of supernatural you want to add and turn 2 Sims in the world to this supernatural type except for the Sims in your household. The Remove Supernatural works the same way except it will remove all of the supernatural types you selected from the world except if you have that supernatural type in your household.


Unlike the other supernatural forms covered by the cheat, zombies are not a life state but rather a buff that can be applied to any sim. The cheat is written to remove the zombified buff from all sims in live play - thus it will remove all zombies, sadly it does not cancel out the buff from gameplay so next full moon - up they'll all spawn again and you will have to remember to delete them every full moon. During full moon zombies spawn every 45 minutes so thats a lot of removing zombies, its easier for people who don't want to be bothered by them at all to just stop them spawning in the first place.
Page 1 of 5