Ye Olde Cooper's Barrels & Sacks
Ye Old Cooper wast a master craftsman who sayeth always, "If ye can't make with a barrel, it ain't worth the making". He has long past, yet nowe his son John thrives in the industrie. With his goodwife Mary, who now maketh sacking, and their son Jimmy, yon Coopers keepeth a goodly house and lande, and maketh many worthy things of cunning purpose and comely designe.
1) To provide a useful set of Sims 2 basegame barrels based on the Seasons planter barrel mesh and texture. The master object is the Trash Barrel which contains the barrel, contents and shadow textures required by the rest of the set.
2) To provide a stackable horizontal sack based on the Basegame "Sack Baby" mesh and texture. This sack is the master object for the "comfy" bucket seat and bar barrel cushion textures.
Contents: A Set of 13 Objects with two Variants
Trash Barrel - sdTrashBarrelMaster.package - found in Misc/Misc, §76
- trash disposal that never needs emptying
Trash Bucket - sdTtrashBucketNoCheat_Basegame.package - Misc/Misc, §55
- trash disposal that visibily fills and needs emptying
- in Seasons, provides a source for composting
Storage Bucket - sdStorageBucket_Basegame.package - Sufaces/Misc, §56
- low stackable decorative container with adjustable fill height and slots
Storage Barrel - sdStorageBarrel_Basegame.package - Surfaces/Misc, §86
- stackable decorative container with adjustable fill height and slots
Simple Bucket - sdSimpleBucket_Basegame.package - Surfaces/Misc, §46
- stackable basic container with slots, which Sims will not use
alternate - sdSimpleBucketAutonomous_Basegame.package - Sims will place objects in slots
Simple Barrel - sdSimpleBarrel_Basegame.package - Surfaces/End Table, §66
- reduced height stackable table with slots, to place under dining and chess tables
End Table Barrel - sdEndtableBarrel_Basegame.package - Surfaces/End Table, §76
- stackable table with slots, will hold bills and meals
Table Bucket - sdTableBucket_Basegame.package - Surfaces/Coffee Table, §46
- low stackable table with slots, will hold bills and meals
Bucket Seat - sdChairBucket_Basegame.package - Comfort/Dining Chair, §66
- cheap, uncomfortable dining, desk, and gaming chair
More Comfy Bucket Seat - sdComfyChairBucket_Basegame.package
- Comfort/Dining Chair, §166
- medium comfort dining, desk and gaming chair
Bar Barrel - sdBarBarrel_Basegame.package - Comfort/Misc, §86
- cheap, uncomfortable bar stool
More Comfy Bar Barrel - sdComfyBarBarrel_Basegame.package - Comfort/Misc, §186
- medium comfort bar stool
Horizontal Stacking Sack - sdHorizontalSackMaster_Basegame.package
- Surfaces/Coffee Table, §76
- very low stackable table with slots, will hold bills and meals
The set also contains 19 barrel surface recolours, a total of 52 barrel contents recolours, and 10 sack recolours. Several objects also contain a user removable shadow to make them appear more realistic in a stack.
In addition, built-in invisible recolours are present in each master object, which makes the whole set (except for seating and trash disposal) usable as convenient multi-slot and height adjustable OMSPs.
Please refer to the Install Instructions tab for complete directions.
You may include these objects in any uploaded lots, whether for free or pay. Please include a credit and link to this page. It would be nice if you sent me a PM with a link to your uploaded creation, but this is not required.
Trash Barrel: 578 faces, 496 vertices
Trash Bucket: 554 faces, 531 vertices
Storage Bucket: 554 faces, 531 vertices
Storage Barrel: 758 faces, 619 vertices
Simple Bucket: 254 faces, 326 vertices
Simple Barrel: 242 faces, 278 vertices
End Table Barrel: 242 faces, 278 vertices
Table Bucket: 254 faces, 326 vertices
Bucket Seat: 254 faces, 326 vertices
More Comfy Bucket Seat: 1378 faces, 1121 vertices
Bar Barrel: 242 faces, 278 vertices
More Comfy Bar Barrel: 1366 faces, 1073 vertices
Horizontal Stacking Sack: 1126 faces, 799 vertices
StephSim for her object requests and general inspiration, for creating one of the contents textures (its a secret which one!), for the idea to put a sack on the chair barrels to increase comfort, and for very creative use of this set in her medieval Shadows of Gwrych neighbourhood
SimPE, PJSE, and CEP for Sims 2 object creation
Milkshape 3D and Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro, for 3D modeling
Corel Web Photo Paint for colouring and texturing
Gadwin PrintScreen for enhanced screen captures
IrfranView, Microsoft Paint, Microsoft Photo Editor and GIMP 2 for graphics file conversion, processing and sizing
Numenor's AnyGameStarter, for development and testing
Wikimedia Commons freely usable media files for some of the barrel contents source textures
The Guild Masters Dark Project, for the costumes used in the demo pictures. StephSim's Shadows of Gwrych Parson's and Reeve's lots are the enviroment for the screen shots: please see her thread for the creator credits.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
| Eleven additional Contents recolours
Size: 110.1 KB · Downloads: 13,974 · 8th Aug 2010
| Optional Collection File for Pets and Later EPs
Size: 2.0 KB · Downloads: 14,838 · 17th Apr 2010
| Optional Collection File for Basegame and any EPs prior to Pets
Size: 4.0 KB · Downloads: 10,381 · 17th Apr 2010
| May use instead of sdBarrelsDefault, with Master Mesh
Size: 49.0 KB · Downloads: 11,930 · 17th Apr 2010
| A Simple Bucket, with Master Mesh
Size: 48.9 KB · Downloads: 14,133 · 17th Apr 2010
| 12 Basegame Barrel & Sack Objects with Recolours, including Master Mesh
Size: 1.47 MB · Downloads: 21,382 · 17th Apr 2010
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Sophie-David also recommends you check the following:
The invisible dishwasher featured with this set can be downloaded here: Tiny Filesize Invisible Appliances for Lot Builders
StephSim made extensive use of this set in her 45 lot Shadows of Gwrych project and several other Gwrych uploads
StephSim has uploaded an interim release of Ye Ole Cooper's Waterbucket Starter Set that were previously only available by downloading her Gwrych lots. The Starter Set contains some new recolours, and the objects themselves have been updated.
The Trash Barrel is available as a default replacement here
Barrels for Brigands features cheaters versions of the Trash Barrel and Trash Bucket
Michelle 111 updated her two wonderful sets of barrel recolours on Feb. 20, 2012. They are both available at the Plumb Bob Keep: Pooklet Naturals and Rustic/Medieval. The Rustic/Medieval set is also available at MTS.
New Upload: May 31, 2014
Ye Olde Cooper's Muck for the Masses
Inspired by all the filthy uploads for PBK's Unwashed Masses theme, this upload contains 12 barrel contents recolours.
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by Sophie-David.