MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hillside Retreat

by kennyboobear Posted 6th Nov 2009 at 11:05 PM
18 Comments / replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts
Behold, a quiet log cabin in the boonies for your Sim couple that wants to get away from it all. This quaint 1 bedroom 1 bathroom home contains everything needed to go AWOL for a week, or simply to live out the rest of ones days in quiet seclusion. Complete with Gazebo and Garage, you'll want nothing more than to sit back, relax, read (or write) a book, and warm yourself by the fireplace. Firebugs beware though, the home is made completely of wood, and we claim no responsibility for your untimely demise because you decided it would be a good idea to see how long you could hold a flaming piece of wood....

Designer notes: This house doesn't hold a whole plethora of unique design, but that's only because it's modeled after a home just down the road from me on the Chattahoochee River in Roswell, GA. Inspiration Home Basically the key difference between this one and the one I designed is for one, the upstairs in the original isn't a loft, and the roof style is slightly different, I wanted to go with a more, mountain cabin feel, which is exactly what I did. Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy it

Lot Size: 40x40
Furnished: 71838
Unfurnished: 40745

Front


Rear and Garage


Side Angle


Kitchen



Lot Size: 4x4
Lot Price: 71838

Additional Credits:
Me, Myself and Moi, and also whomever was responsible for designing that house on Old Riverside Rd.

Number of bedrooms: 1 Bedroom
Custom Content Included: None
Furnishings: Fully Furnished
Special Flags: Not Applicable

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 3
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Hillside_Retreat.rar

Size: 2.23 MB · Downloads: 1,457 · 6th Nov 2009
2.23 MB 1,457 6th Nov 2009
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Quick Guide:

1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.

Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.


Need more help?

If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
 
18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 5:45 AM
Beautiful home - I can't wait to see it in the game! Thanks so much! =)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 8:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris0221
Beautiful home - I can't wait to see it in the game! Thanks so much! =)

Wouldn't be worth making them if not for compliments such as these, so thank you
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 10:36 AM
Hay many thanks!! beautiful home, nice yard too!! i have a one question for you. Is that roof intentional or not? U can have different highs of roofs, build them, delete the part of roof u wanna keep that high, change high of the other one, and then undo. :D

gorgeous home, simply gorgeous...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 12:38 PM
I thought you had to include a list of custom content, but I Guess not..

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 7:15 PM Last edited by kennyboobear : 7th Nov 2009 at 7:43 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvanroosmalen
I thought you had to include a list of custom content, but I Guess not..
That would be the case had I used any, but I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanna
Hay many thanks!! beautiful home, nice yard too!! i have a one question for you. Is that roof intentional or not? U can have different highs of roofs, build them, delete the part of roof u wanna keep that high, change high of the other one, and then undo. :D

gorgeous home, simply gorgeous...

Thank you and yes, the roof is intentional, it's supposed to be reminiscent of a stable/corral house.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
7th Nov 2009 at 7:16 PM
This message has been deleted by kennyboobear. Reason: delete
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 7:10 AM
this is so awesome! do you have any suggestions on how/where i can add maybe 1 or 2 bedrooms? i love it.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 8:00 PM
What a fantastic home. I wish I lived there!
Loved the way you pictured the house in the evening in one of your photos.

Thanks so much for sharing,
Everylittlebreeze x
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorylei
this is so awesome! do you have any suggestions on how/where i can add maybe 1 or 2 bedrooms? i love it.


Well you could expand the base out 2 blocks on either side and then further expand the top level by 2 on either side (to remain symmetrical) and then try to match the design already in place but that would be quite time consuming as it would require you to re-landscape the surrounding property (rising and softening the land over and over to get the rolling hills effect) amongst other things, but if you're up to the task have at it haha, glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everylittlebreeze
What a fantastic home. I wish I lived there!
Loved the way you pictured the house in the evening in one of your photos.

Thanks so much for sharing,
Everylittlebreeze x

Thank ya much, glad you like it lol
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 2:59 PM
Wow!A superb work!thank you.By the way,ı wonder what did you inspired from?Its such a great house.Thanks again
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 3:22 PM
I love it!
Simple and warm without being to big.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 5:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burki
Wow!A superb work!thank you.By the way,ı wonder what did you inspired from?Its such a great house.Thanks again

Click Inspiration Home underlined in the description, it should link you to the image =D thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbling
I love it!
Simple and warm without being to big.

That was my idea exactly, all of the other homes I've created (for the most part) are on 60x60 lots, and well.... not everyone is FILTHY rich so yea haha, thanks for commenting :P
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 1:27 AM
This is a very nice recreation of the house that inspired it. Thanks for sharing. But I have to agree with tomvanroosmalen that you should list the custom content used. The kitchen is from the EA store (Bayside set) found here.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 5:33 PM
Where is it placed in the game on the pictures?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 6:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveTheNineARide
This is a very nice recreation of the house that inspired it. Thanks for sharing. But I have to agree with tomvanroosmalen that you should list the custom content used. The kitchen is from the EA store (Bayside set) found here.

I wasn't aware that anything directly related to EA was considered custom content, will look into that in the future.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbling
Where is it placed in the game on the pictures?

I don't follow?
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 8:52 PM
I have never left a comment before but I have to say that this is probably my favourite 1 bedroom house that I have ever downloaded. I use it all the time, especially in Riverview. Thanks for all of your work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 7:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyaos
I have never left a comment before but I have to say that this is probably my favourite 1 bedroom house that I have ever downloaded. I use it all the time, especially in Riverview. Thanks for all of your work!

haha well thank you, I am glad you like it and flattered? that I'm the first designer that's ever compelled you to comment lol
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear
I wasn't aware that anything directly related to EA was considered custom content, will look into that in the future.



I don't follow?


Regarding you pictures of the house -on which adress is the house placed?
The town looks like Riverview?