MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Shop from inventory - Updated for Patch 1.63/1.67
by ani_ Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 4:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 9:11 AM by ani_
221 Comments / replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Please note. I no longer support these mods. Instead all my mods can now be found at Nraas.
No changes needed for 1.67
File Name: ani_SellFromInventory_1.63
The "buy take a way coffee" interaction is not showing up. I don't know why as the code is the same for the other interactions. Other than that this seems ok.
File Name: ani_SellFromInventory_1.55
EA decided to mess around with the concession stand foods so now I'm having trouble getting the "Take away" coffee interaction to work. So I disabled it for now and will add it back when I have fixed it. Other than that the mod is usable.
File Name: ani_SellFromInventory_1_50
File Name: ani_SellFromInventory_Seasons_v2.zip
I wasn't able to make drinking take away coffee work as I wanted, have sims chat and so on like they do when drinking coffee from the coffee maker. So I made some changes, and now you can buy a cup of coffee from the register and sims will sit and chat.
Buy Take Away Drink: gives you the option of buying a concession stand drink.
Buy Coffee: Buy's a cup of coffee (the same type as from the Hot Beverege Machine).
Call For Coffee: A list of sims on the lot who you can make buy a cup of coffee.
Buying coffee or a take away drink is autonomous.
You can edit the coffee/concession stand drink price from the xml.
- I still haven't figured out how to make sims wait for their turn when using the call for meal or call for coffee. So you need to pace calling sims on your own.
- When the cup of coffee is created in the sims hand, for a moment, it's attached to the sims hand evene though the hand is not in holding position, but this is fixed the moment the sim starts to walk with the cup.
Hopefully uni will come with a "real" coffee bar, but until then, this is one way to have a café in your game
File Name: ani_SellFromInventory_Seasons.zip
- Fixed bug with concession stand worker resetting when buying from the stand.
- Two new interactions, "Buy Hot Drink" and "Call for coffee"
- Buy hot drink gives you the chance to buy one of the new concession stand drinks that came with Seasons
- The Call for coffee will let you select sims who you want to buy a drink
- There are two new xml values to tune, how many sips you want sims to have if they sit down with their coffee and if they stand.
The coffee interactions are still work in progress but I thought I'd update so people who want to use this mod can now use the concession stands.
Buying coffee might work for people who have updated for 1.42 but don't have season, but I don't guarantee anything.
Bugs remaining - these are all related to the new coffee interactions:
- When sims sit with the coffee cup they put their legs in a position as sitting on a stool. But this is only for the first sip.
- Buying coffee is not autonomous.
- The chair selection code needs to be improved
- The coffee drinking interaction's priority needs to be improved so sims don't constantly get interrupted while drinking
No changes needed for 1.42
File Name: ani_SellFromInventory_138.zip
File Name: ani_SellFromInventory_SHT.zip
- Works for 1.33, no modification was needed.
Made item filtering depending on item type and register type.
- Food register: Shows items of type dried food, plate serving, ingredient, cake, fish
- Book register: Shows items of type book
- Nectar register: Shows items of type nectar
- Consignment/general/pet/relic registers: show all items that don't fit into the other types defined.
I did this basically so every items doesn't show up in every register.
Notifications can now be turned off through the xml - by default this setting is false.
- ice-cream bough from the ice-cream truck no longer appears in the "Buy Food Serving" interaction
- check that if the item already exists in the food-serving list it's not added again.
This mod is compatible with Around the Sims 3 bakery items .
Fixed by Sandy, booze can be sold via the shopping mod.
File Name: ani_SellFromInventory_PETS.zip
- If you don't have awesome you no longer need a treasure chest in the customer's home lot. Anybody can now buy.
- You can buy Sim written books from the bookstore register.
- Fixed a bug in the "Call to meal" interaction, where the customer didn't pay but the owner got the money.
This mod has gone through a lot of changes since my last update, so I decided to delete the old text, as it was mostly outdated. So please read through this text before downloading
File Name: ani_SellFromInventory_II.zip
Fixed missing STBL string in none English games.
Fixed two bugs that happened when the lot was no owned.
Added possibility to change the price of served food, when sold through the "Sell from Inventory" interaction.
The food price depends on the quality, and you can modify it in the XML using S3PE.
Quality.Foul: Quality.Horrifying: Quality.Bad: Quality.Putrid: <foodPriceBad value="10"/> Quality.Nice: Quality.VeryNice: <foodPriceNice value="250"/> Quality.Great: Quality.Outstanding: Quality.Excellent: <foodPriceGreat value="350"/> Quality.Perfect: <foodPricePerfect value="450"/> Default value: <foodPriceDefault value="100"/>
- When you use the "Call to Meal" interaction, the person who buys doesn't pay. Will be fixed in the next round.
The purpose of this mod
To allow you to sell items you have assigned as the store inventory.
What this mod does to the registers
- This mod adds one new interaction called "Shop From Store Inventory" to all cash registers
- The mod also overrides the original buy interactions from the shopping registers, and replaces them with custom buy interactions. The custom buy interactions don't differ from the original ones, but, when an item is brought from the shop, the lot owner gets a certain percentage of the profit (by default, this value is 30%).
- in addition to the above changes, two new interactions are added to the food registers.
- "Call to Meal" - this opens a dialogue with all the Sims on the lot, and the Sims you select, will go and buy a random single serving of food.
- Buy Food Serving - This opens up a shopping dialogue with all the recipes in the current world, and items brought from here are group servings.
Recipes included in the "Buy Food Serving" Interaction
- All normal foods in the current world
- All baked goods from the bakery table
- Snaks (these are single items, not group meals)
To set up a shop
- add a shopping register to a community lot
- add a treasure chest to the community lot, or, to the lot owner's household
- Now any items you add into these treasure chests, are considered the shops inventory.
Modding the mod
There are certain elements you can modify in this mod. To do this, open the package with and open the XML file you find inside.
<SimInventory value="False" />
LN broke adding items into a Sims inventory, if they are not in the active household. If you don't use awesome, for inactive households to be customers, they need to have a treasure chest in their home lot. If you use awesome, you can turn this value to True, as awesome fixis the inventory swapping.
If a Sim in the inactive household uses the interaction autonomously, this is the percentage of will they buy anything.
The percentage the lot owner gets from the sales when you use the overrided buy interactions.
<ShowBuyFromInventory value="True" />
Turn to False if you don't want to see the "Shop From Store Inventory" interaction.
<ShowBuyGroceries value="True" />
Turn to False if you don't want to see the normal "Buy" interaction in the food register.
- When you select the "Call to Meal" interaction, the list of Sims doesn't include location merchants. This is on purpose so the food register clerk, is not on the list. Consignment store clerks, are not location merchants.
- These new and overrided interactions only appear in the home world. When travelling, the registers have their default interactions. The only exception is the "Call to Meal" interaction in the food registers.
- The "Shop From Store Inventory" is an autonomous interaction for Sims who are not in the current household. Sims will buy one item, and leave the lot.
- I don't yet know how to make Sims que for the meals, so if you use the "Call to Meal" interaction and you select multiple Sims they all will try to buy the food at the same time, but only one can do it, so the rest will throw a tantrum. So call only one Sim at a time, instead of all at once.
- I don't like that people who don't' use awesome need to use the treasure chests, if they want autonomous shopping to be done by sims in the not active household. I'll try to investigate Generations give gift interaction the next time I update this mod, hopefully it can be used when swapping items.
- I've used this in my hood quite intensively, so all bigger bugs have been found, but if you find something, please inform
- Some of the baked goods recipes, don't have a group serving mesh, so the plate will look empty, but Sims can still use it as a normal group serving. Only a few of the baked goods are like this, the rest have a group serving mesh.
Why did I make this mod
I made this mod because OFB was my favourite TS2 expansion, and I like the whole idea of having an integrated economy in my hood. I wanted to have one guy in my hood who farms, and then sells his products to the other towns-folks. This mod was only the "Shop from Store Inventory" interaction for almost a year, but then I started missing proper book-stores, so I made the modification to the mod which enables me to get profit any time an object is sold.
The "Call to Meal" interaction I made after I noticed that you can't eat out at a none rabbit hole diners, if you were in a group outing, or just hanging out with friends.
Buzzler and his food order mod. I completely fell in love with this mod when I used it the first time, but after a while I noticed how much money my Sims were spending on take-out. Money I would love to pour back into the community. So, I made the "Buy Food Serving" interaction as a result from that.
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
Built with Game Version: 4.0.87
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 27.0 KB · Downloads: 12,370 · 20th Oct 2013
Size: 27.0 KB · Downloads: 3,776 · 21st Jun 2013
Size: 26.2 KB · Downloads: 3,597 · 23rd Feb 2013
Size: 26.2 KB · Downloads: 3,784 · 24th Dec 2012
Size: 24.3 KB · Downloads: 2,525 · 2nd Dec 2012
Size: 20.3 KB · Downloads: 3,423 · 7th Sep 2012
Size: 20.1 KB · Downloads: 5,727 · 11th Mar 2012
Size: 19.4 KB · Downloads: 6,027 · 22nd Oct 2011
Size: 16.9 KB · Downloads: 4,664 · 24th Jun 2011
Size: 16.6 KB · Downloads: 6,609 · 2nd Jun 2011
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
221 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 143 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
#2 30th Jun 2010 at 5:00 PM
#3 30th Jun 2010 at 5:45 PM
#4 30th Jun 2010 at 5:51 PM
#5 30th Jun 2010 at 10:30 PM
#6 1st Jul 2010 at 5:06 AM
#7 1st Jul 2010 at 8:46 AM
#8 1st Jul 2010 at 10:40 AM
#9 1st Jul 2010 at 4:27 PM
#10 1st Jul 2010 at 8:25 PM
#11 2nd Jul 2010 at 5:49 AM
#12 2nd Jul 2010 at 6:52 AM
#13 2nd Jul 2010 at 10:06 AM
#14 2nd Jul 2010 at 7:28 PM
#15 4th Jul 2010 at 9:03 AM
#16 4th Jul 2010 at 8:04 PM
#17 4th Jul 2010 at 9:30 PM
#18 5th Jul 2010 at 4:01 PM
#19 6th Jul 2010 at 5:27 PM
#20 6th Jul 2010 at 8:21 PM
#21 7th Jul 2010 at 2:25 AM
#22 15th Jul 2010 at 7:09 PM
#23 16th Jul 2010 at 7:42 AM
#24 24th Jul 2010 at 9:33 PM
#25 18th Nov 2010 at 12:40 AM
Page 1 of 9