MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto BuyDebug

by treeag Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 11:48 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 6:23 AM by treeag
81 Comments / replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Compatible with all game versions up to 1.67

As requested, here's a small mod that will automatically activate the cheat "buydebug" every time you run the game. No more, no less. It's a very simple mod. This will NOT activate "testingcheatsenabled" cheat.

Read here for more info about "buydebug" cheat.

This is NOT a core mod so it shouldn't conflict with other mods.
Tags: #buydebug, #buy, #debug, #auto, #cheat, #startup, #start, #up

Type:

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 3
Built with Game Version: 1.7
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
AutoBuyDebug.zip

Size: 2.8 KB · Downloads: 29,601 · 7th Sep 2010
2.8 KB 29,601 7th Sep 2010
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
 
81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 11:56 PM
I'm definitelly downloading this. Thanks a bunch

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 2:54 AM
Awesome! thanks, you should also do one for moveobjects on! :D

Thanks!



Call me Tyu. (:
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 3:23 AM
Great idea, off to try it out!
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 4:41 AM
Awesome...will definitely use it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 8:15 AM
Thanks for this but...my installer and game won't run after I added this mod. I get a message saying
"It looks like you have intstalled an unofficial game modification that doesn not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recomment that you either uninstall thise game midufucations or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."
Then gives options to quit or Continue but closes either way.
When this mod is removed game runs fine. I have ALL eps & stuff packs to date installed. Luancher says my game is up to date.
Like the idea of this mod...just wish I could use it. Thanks again.

At my computer looking in
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 1:04 PM
It would be helpful for those who have problems to state their game version numbers along with EP/SP installed I haven't installed the latest patch so maybe that's the problem.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 6:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotLeggs
Thanks for this but...my installer and game won't run after I added this mod. I get a message saying
"It looks like you have intstalled an unofficial game modification that doesn not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recomment that you either uninstall thise game midufucations or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."
Then gives options to quit or Continue but closes either way.
When this mod is removed game runs fine. I have ALL eps & stuff packs to date installed. Luancher says my game is up to date.
Like the idea of this mod...just wish I could use it. Thanks again.


It's not the MOD, it's your game. I also have all the ep's and sp's, including Fast Lane, and all current updates. It works fine for me, with no mod warning.

Kudos to treeag!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 6:45 PM
I wish I knew of this "cheat" (buydebug capability) before yesterday! It would have saved me a lot of headaches
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 9:02 PM
Awesome,mod I appreciate and love your mod the book of talent as well thank you for thinking of more ways to make the game easier it helps so we can have more fun playing the game and less time studying and typing cheats in
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 1:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegastarr82
It's not the MOD, it's your game. I also have all the ep's and sp's, including Fast Lane, and all current updates. It works fine for me, with no mod warning.

Kudos to treeag!


How is fast lane? Is it similiar to nightlife for sims 2?
Forum Resident
#12 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 3:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstar
How is fast lane? Is it similiar to nightlife for sims 2?


Your're thinking of the new Expansion Pack coming out in Oct. This is only items, and a rip off as usual.
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 9:12 AM Last edited by ParrotLeggs : 10th Sep 2010 at 9:23 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegastarr82
Your're thinking of the new Expansion Pack coming out in Oct. This is only items, and a rip off as usual.


I don't have fast lane because it's not out here yet. And since it's the only mod that has ever caused this message when I place it in game and game works fine after I remove the mod, I seriously doubt it is my game installation.

As for version I have it is 4.0.87.006001 and launcher does not mention any new patches. I have installed; Base game, WA, Adventure & High End Loft.
If this is the latest patch from Sept, 5, 10 "1.5/2.10/3.6/4.3" I don't have it. I have the one before.

Hope this helps. Thnx

At my computer looking in
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 11:47 AM
This is compatible with 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3/5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotLeggs
I don't have fast lane because it's not out here yet. And since it's the only mod that has ever caused this message when I place it in game and game works fine after I remove the mod, I seriously doubt it is my game installation.

As for version I have it is 4.0.87.006001 and launcher does not mention any new patches. I have installed; Base game, WA, Adventure & High End Loft.
If this is the latest patch from Sept, 5, 10 "1.5/2.10/3.6/4.3" I don't have it. I have the one before.

Hope this helps. Thnx


What other mods do you have installed, and can you try removing all the other cc, leaving only this one in for testing purpose?
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 7:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeag
This is compatible with 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3/5.0



What other mods do you have installed, and can you try removing all the other cc, leaving only this one in for testing purpose?


I have since installed Fast Lane and the patch that goes with...removed all CC & mods except the autobuydebug...game starts up but when in buymode nothing shows for the buydebug...but I didn't have testingcheatsenabled true typed in. Will try with that this time....Nope. The "?" box does not appear in game with only your mod even after using the "testingcheatsenabled true" code.
Version now is 5.0.44.008001
Will try this on other computer later...that one doesn't have the FL sp yet.

At my computer looking in
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 2:05 AM
Where do you have your CC, program files or documents?
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 8:37 AM
games\bin\mods\packages not on the C drive.
altered/additional files are:
d3dx9_31.dll
Resource.cfg
Shaders_Win32.precomp
TSLHost.dll

Haven't tested out other game installation yet. Will edit this when I have with info. That one I'm running with those same files but have kept the CC only to sliders & Mods and Fast Lane is not yet installed.

At my computer looking in
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:49 AM
What are these 2 Shaders_Win32.precomp and TSLHost.dll for? Starting from 1.12 patch, you should move your cc to Documents, download the new resource.cfg, and get rid of d3dx9_31.dll as it's no longer needed.

Read this for detailed info http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...g_Package_Files


Or if for some strange reasons you want to keep them in game installation folders, you should copy d3dx9_31.dll to each and every EP/SP directory you have installed.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 8:41 PM Last edited by ParrotLeggs : 16th Sep 2010 at 8:40 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeag
What are these 2 Shaders_Win32.precomp and TSLHost.dll for? Starting from 1.12 patch, you should move your cc to Documents, download the new resource.cfg, and get rid of d3dx9_31.dll as it's no longer needed.
Or if for some strange reasons you want to keep them in game installation folders, you should copy d3dx9_31.dll to each and every EP/SP directory you have installed.


I don't like all that stuff on the C drive, that's why I use a separate location. and I do have the d3dx9_31.dll in all directories. My C drive is reserved for boot, OS, and stuff that refuses to install anywhere else. Will read into that link. thanks....maybe I've missed something..
The Shader & host files are to disable the blur censor.

At my computer looking in
Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegastarr82
Your're thinking of the new Expansion Pack coming out in Oct. This is only items, and a rip off as usual.


Your right, I was thinking of late night. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 3:17 PM
Just to let people know, This still works with Late Night.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 10:34 AM
Much appreciated. ^_^
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:47 PM
Yes it's compatible with Late Night as well as the latest patch
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 10:37 AM
Downloaded it,but doesn't find it in my game. Do I have to also write in "testingcheatsenabled true" to find theese things?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 1:09 AM
Strange, I have never heard of the buydebug cheat. What does it do?

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller
Page 1 of 4