MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ayumu Reshade Preset v1.1

by ayumu_jp Posted 30th Sep 2017 at 3:44 PM - Updated 27th Mar 2020 at 6:58 PM by ayumu_jp : Reshade link updated
19 Comments / replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
All patch version compatible !

Attention: I am Japanese. This is written by Google Translate. If there are places that require proofreading of the sentences, please let me know!

Version 1.1
Please see the image first





Desctiption
This shader preset was made to improve the subtle graphics of Sims 3. It has been tested in all worlds and seasons such as SunlitTides and MoonlightFalls.

This MOD is a customized preset file for Reshade 3.0.8. Please construct the environment according to the installation method described below.

important point
Reshade is a post-processing effect. Effects are applied to the entire screen regardless of UI presence or absence.

This preset includes the Bloom effect to enhance the brightness of the sun. I adjusted it so as not to affect playing, but the UI is brighter at night, so it glows dazzling. Also, in locations such as white walls and white sand beaches that spread widely, glare may be strengthened.

Bloom is set to be less than usual, but if you are concerned about dazzling please cut off the Bloom effect.

Impact on performance
I have not tested on performance hits, but Reshade is a very high performance hit effect. I think that for high-powered graphics board is required.

My PC spec is as follows:
PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Core i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz ~ 4.4GHz (8CPUs)
MEMORY: 24GB RAM (8+8+4+4 DDR3)
GRAPHICS: GeForce GTX 980ti
(Probably you do not need such a high spec.)

How to install
1. Installing DirectX end-user runtime
First of all, you need to install DirectX end-user runtime to run Reshade. This is a requirement that is also written on the official website.

>> https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Quote:
ReShade supports all of Direct3D 9, Direct3D 10, Direct3D 11 and OpenGL.
A computer with Windows Vista SP1 or higher (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10) and the DirectX end-user runtime installed is required.

2. Installing Reshade 3.0.8
Next, you need to install Reshade 3.0.8. Download ReShade_Setup_3.0.8.exe from the official site link and run it.
>> http://www.mediafire.com/file/yrtxqx9txjlrnbu/ReShade_Setup_3.0.8.exe/file

Press the "Select game", to specify the TS3.exe. Then, please press the Direct 3 D 9 check box. Answer "Yes" to the dialog for downloading ReshadeEffect, check all the effects and press "OK".

It is completed when "Done" is displayed
3. Installing Lighting Tweaks MOD
My preset is based on Environment Lighting Tweaks v4.0 by mahamudo. That MOD is a wonderful thing. Please use it together.
>>>http://modthesims.info/d/490659

I am using the following files.
  1. Buhudain_ENV_V4.0_Color_LighterWater_BlueNight.package
  2. Buhudain_ENV_V4.0_DynamicShadow_DefaultSunMoon.package
  3. Buhudain_ENV_V4.0_Lighting_LowerBloom.package
  4. Buhudain_ENV_V4.0_Weather_MoreSunny.package
4. Installing my preset
Please put my preset file in TS3.exe folder.

Start the game and open the GUI with Shift + F2.
Please select AyumuPreset_v1.1.ini in the preset column.


5. Graphics settings
It is my graphics setting. please use this as an example.
Edge Smoothing must be off. DOF can not be used.
Since Visual Effects works to enhance Bloom effect, it is turned off. It's too dazzling.
Lighting and Shadows is the higher the better. Simply because a good appearance.



Now, all the settings are done! Enjoy

6. Hot key setting(Options)
It is recommended to set the hot key to switch the effect.

DOF has problems with making the interface difficult to see.Therefore, it is recommended to turn it off except when shooting screenshots.

To make it easy to switch effects, you can set the hot key in the GUI.
The effects to set are as follows.
  • LightDoF_AutoFocus >>> F6
  • LightDoF_Far >>> F7
  • LightDof_Near >>> F8
LightDoF_AutoFocus: switches auto focus. Usually looks like focus on the cursor position.
LightDoF_Far: switches the blurring effect behind the screen.
LightDof_Near: switches the blurring effect in front of the screen.

How to customize
The default is GUI display Shift + F2.
Change UsageMode to ConfigrationMode on the Settings tab.

The following are the effects used in my preset. You can disable it by unchecking from the GUI.
  • AmbientLight
  • BloomAndLensFlares
  • Clarity
  • Colourfulness
  • DPX
  • HDR
  • FXAA
  • LightDoF_AutoFocus
  • LightDoF_Far
  • LightDof_Near
  • MagicBloom
  • MXAO
  • Tint

Additional Credits:
Reshade 3.0.8 by https://reshade.me/

Environment Lighting Tweaks v4.0 by mahamudo
http://modthesims.info/d/490659

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 3

This is a multi-part download:


This preset requires installation of Reshade 3.0.8, installation of DirectX end-user runtime, introduction of Lighting Tweaks MOD by mahamudo (recommended).
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
AyumuPreset_v1.1.zip | Mahamudo's Environment Lighting Tweaks v4.0 is required

Size: 4.0 KB · Downloads: 6,811 · 30th Sep 2017
4.0 KB 6,811 30th Sep 2017
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Quick Guide:

1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.

For Package files:

1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).

For Sims3Pack files:

1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).


Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.


Need more help?

If you need more info, see:
 
19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 4:30 PM
Very nice! I love the tilt-shift effects.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 2:13 AM
This Is Awesome! Thx!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 1:12 AM
Asndjadbja No puedo instalar DirectX ;-;
¡¿Por qué me sale todo mal con este juego?!
...xD
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 2:58 PM
How to take screenshot with reshade effect? I use steam screenshot and not work it use original.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 4:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afiz
How to take screenshot with reshade effect? I use steam screenshot and not work it use original.

You can use the screen shot function built into Reshade. Please make settings from the GUI. By default, it is captured with the PrintScreen key and saved in a folder with TS3.exe. (File path is different for 64bit OS)


You can also use an external capture tool. Because the GUI capture function can not choose the Jpg format, I took a screenshot with Bandicam and uploaded it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 4:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpSleep
Asndjadbja No puedo instalar DirectX ;-;
¡¿Por qué me sale todo mal con este juego?!
...xD


The installation method of Direct X is a little complicated ....

First, open the downloaded end user runtime and choose the location where you want to deploy the installer. (Recommended is the Any folder on the desktop)
Next, run DXSETUP.exe in the folder of the deployment destination and install Direct X.

done!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 6:34 PM
It's a very nice preset for all intents and purposes, but I can understand why there is some confusion over how to install and use it. I've made mine as easy as can be, so that no one will be scared off by it.
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumu_jp
The installation method of Direct X is a little complicated ....

First, open the downloaded end user runtime and choose the location where you want to deploy the installer. (Recommended is the Any folder on the desktop)
Next, run DXSETUP.exe in the folder of the deployment destination and install Direct X.

done!


Still giving the program error, now does not advance the installation bar.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 5:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpSleep
Still giving the program error, now does not advance the installation bar.


Hmm ...
Are you running the installer with administrator?
If not, try right-clicking the installer and selecting Run as Administrator.

If it is still not good, please comment again with the error message and the graphic board you are using.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 5:25 AM
Thanks for this, it looks great I have one problem is the DOF isn't working but everything else is, I have edge smoothing turned off...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 5:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumu_jp
You can use the screen shot function built into Reshade. Please make settings from the GUI. By default, it is captured with the PrintScreen key and saved in a folder with TS3.exe. (File path is different for 64bit OS)


You can also use an external capture tool. Because the GUI capture function can not choose the Jpg format, I took a screenshot with Bandicam and uploaded it


Ok, thanks so much... :p
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 5:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysika
Thanks for this, it looks great I have one problem is the DOF isn't working but everything else is, I have edge smoothing turned off...

DOF is off by default. To activate it, open the GUI with Shift + F2 and enable LightDOF_far and LightDOF_Near on the Home tab. Or you can activate Far and Near DOF by pressing F7 key and F8 key.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 7:59 AM
So, quick question: I installed this and all the necessary components. It looks great. However, now my game looks very bright, very...bloom-y, on the loading screen, menu screen, portrait panel (somewhat) and notifications/pop-ups/mouse-overs, as well as white, reflective and/or light-emitting objects. In your description, you mention turning off the visual effects to get rid of bloom, but there is no option to do so in the in-game graphic settings. Most I can do is set it to low. Is there a way to actually disable the visual effects or was this a mistranslation? I really like your preset but if I can't get rid of the bloominess, I'll have to uninstall it. It's very distracting and hurts my eyes.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 9:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chreai
So, quick question: I installed this and all the necessary components. It looks great. However, now my game looks very bright, very...bloom-y, on the loading screen, menu screen, portrait panel (somewhat) and notifications/pop-ups/mouse-overs, as well as white, reflective and/or light-emitting objects. In your description, you mention turning off the visual effects to get rid of bloom, but there is no option to do so in the in-game graphic settings. Most I can do is set it to low. Is there a way to actually disable the visual effects or was this a mistranslation? I really like your preset but if I can't get rid of the bloominess, I'll have to uninstall it. It's very distracting and hurts my eyes.

In my preset, I use the Bloom effect of Reshade by turning off the Bloom effect of TS3. Unfortunately the interface will also become dazzling, but this is set to give you the best results in the screenshot.
To turn off Reshade's Bloom effect, you need to uncheck the item from the GUI or adjust its value. Please open the GUI with Shift + F2 and uncheck Bloom.fx and MagicBloom.fx from the Home tab.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumu_jp
In my preset, I use the Bloom effect of Reshade by turning off the Bloom effect of TS3. Unfortunately the interface will also become dazzling, but this is set to give you the best results in the screenshot.
To turn off Reshade's Bloom effect, you need to uncheck the item from the GUI or adjust its value. Please open the GUI with Shift + F2 and uncheck Bloom.fx and MagicBloom.fx from the Home tab.


Awesome. Thank you! I'll do that.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
4th Oct 2017 at 8:14 PM
This message has been deleted by tysika. Reason: x
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 8:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumu_jp
DOF is off by default. To activate it, open the GUI with Shift + F2 and enable LightDOF_far and LightDOF_Near on the Home tab. Or you can activate Far and Near DOF by pressing F7 key and F8 key.


Tyty it worked I had to manually switch on the options, hotkeys didn't work for me for some reason
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 1:53 AM
works on intel HD graphics ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 3:57 AM
とても素晴らしいと思う。ありがとうございました。