MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers needed for a "Swinger's Bed" global hack (updated)

by LizzLove Posted 17th May 2005 at 12:35 AM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 6:46 AM by Christy1077
331 Comments / replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Hello, LizzLove here again. I know I have not been posting much lately, but life does interfere. Anyway at long last I have the "Swinger" bed hack ready.
This is a change to the GLOBAL bed behaviours and as such changes all double beds.

(edit by Lizz)
I will try to make make things clearer...
This is a global hack, it changes the behaviour of ALL of your double beds. They will not look any different, but the "relax" menu options are now different. If you relax with a stranger you will get the same menu options as if you were in love with that person (Cuddle, Kiss, Makeout, Woohoo [Try for baby]). It should work with even cloned beds as long as they did not include the "bed globals" in the clone (most do not).

So you will not see a new bed on your list, but all your existing beds will now work a little bit differently. If the menu is not different with strangers you may have to sell that bed and buy a new one. But at least for me, all of my existing beds changed without having to buy a new one.
(end edit)

This hack removes the need for pretty much any sort of relationship between two people to have sex in a bed. They have to "know" each other for the menu to come up, but just having them relax for a few minutes will fix that. They can even dislike each other, but as long as they "know" each other they can... Cuddle, Kiss, Make Out, and Woohoo. This only works in bed. Outside of the bed all the behaviours remain the normal.

I have tested this pretty hard over the last few days and it looks like I have found all the bugs. But as I do not have University I cannot test for compatablity with the expansion.

Update:
One of the reasons I did not add a pregnancy hack is that there are already
so many of them. If I mod this, then many of those might break. So I took a
look at the pregnancy hacks out there. In doing so I found a left over behavior that might have caused problems with some other hacks. I have removed this and replaced the files.

My fixed hack should work with:

RiskyWoohooInBed - No conflicts that I can see.
InTeenimater_Final11c - - No conflicts that I can see.
S2L_Teen_Woohoo_Basic_V1b
(Note: this one overrides the No-Shoo behavior, but it looks like it should still work, the code looks just like mine.)

All that being said, I have added two more modified behaviors to the package and called it LizzLove SwingerBed_with pregnacy_01.

The two new behaviors are:
(Social - Try for Baby - TEST)
and
(Social - Try for Baby - Set Result)
These do not seem to appear in the other mods, and these are the behaviors that test to see if you are in love first. This way all the others should still work, but now you just don't have to be in love first.

There may be other hacks out there that will affect my mod or be affected by it. These are the ones I know about.

I tested the new files for several hours and with lots of different sims, no
problems were found.

Please remove the old files and replace them with only ONE of the new mods.
If you want "Try for Baby" then place
"LizzLove SwingerBed_with pregnacy_01.package" in your downloads
OR
If you don't want "Try for Baby" then place
"LizzLove SwingerBed_01a.package" in your downloads.

Please remove the old LizzLove SwingerBed_01.package before doing this. It may interfere with some of the Teen Woohoo packages. It should not, but just in case. (It did not for me, as the one common bhav was modified similar to the others, but to be on the safe side I removed it. It was left over from an early test, and I just forgot it was there. Sorry)

I have most of the hacks that can be downloaded here and have found no problems. I have tested with the Teen Woohoo, my No Jealousy and No-shoo hacks, and countless others.

To use this just have your sim relax in bed and invite another sim to join him/her. If they have never meet before give them a few seconds to get to "know" each other and then let the fun begin.

Like the other hacks just unzip this file into your Downloads Directory.

Like all my other hacks please do NOT redistribute this file, and let me know if it appears on any "pay" sites. My hacks are always free, and will remain so.

Please post here if you find any problems, and try to be specific so I can find any bugs.

Thanks,
LizzLove.
Type: Global Mods

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 2
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
LizzLove SwingerBed_with pregnacy_01.zip

Size: 1.7 KB · Downloads: 76,339 · 18th May 2005
1.7 KB 76,339 18th May 2005
LizzLove SwingerBed_01a.zip

Size: 1.6 KB · Downloads: 58,165 · 18th May 2005
1.6 KB 58,165 18th May 2005
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.

2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.

3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
  • Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
  • Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
  • Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
 
331 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 305 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 14
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:39 AM
This will be quite interesting. Great Job, I am going to try it out now :clap:

Thanx
TickleYu (Teresa)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:41 AM
This is an awesome idea! It's so annoying to build up relationships to the point of BEING IN LOVE before the sims will finally woo-hoo. Hasn't Maxis ever heard of the one-night stand? Yeesh.

The only thing is that I have University, so I'm a little hesitant to install this hack since you don't have it. I'll check back to see if any Uni. players have problems.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:44 AM
Where can I find the teen woo hoo?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousiejean
Where can I find the teen woo hoo?


Welcome back LizzLove!

Mousiejean - Please take the time to search the forums. There is a search link in the top-right on every single screen. Welcome to MTS2.

DDO
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2005 at 1:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimuahaha
This is an awesome idea! It's so annoying to build up relationships to the point of BEING IN LOVE before the sims will finally woo-hoo. Hasn't Maxis ever heard of the one-night stand? Yeesh.

The only thing is that I have University, so I'm a little hesitant to install this hack since you don't have it. I'll check back to see if any Uni. players have problems.


That was the idea behind the hack. I have couple of familys whose goal is to sleep with every other sim and npc in the neighborhood. Problem was having the time to have that many people fall in love. This little hack should solve that. And I guess maxis is a bit too PG, to include one-night stands. The really funny thing is after they woohoo. They get out of bed and won't even kiss. hehe.

A good thing about this hack is that you can no choose when two sims "hook up". You can have them fall in love, just have a crush, be friends, or barely know each other first. This should also help some of those that like to make movies and build complex story lines.

One nice thing is that if you do all the cuddling, kissing, making out, and woohoo, the two sims really do start to like each other rather quickly. As tends to happen in real life, if the sex is good, the relationship tends to grow regardless.

A brief tech note: This hack is rather like my others. Instead of complex modifications I mostly just short-circuit the code. When the code checks to see if they are in love, it still checks, but flows the same way as if they are in love regardless.

As far as University goes there should not be a problem. My No-shoo hack seems to work with it just fine, and that ones uses some bed globals as well. Since this is not a new object, and replaces no GUIDs, there should not be any conflicts unless Uni has different bed globals concerning cuddling, kissing, making out, and Woohoo. Those are the only globals I changed, and it was only a dozen or so total.

BTW, next up is a mod to make all the relax bed behaviours have a High fun factor, and be autonomous. I did this back in Sims 1, and the results were VERY interesting.

LizzLove.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th May 2005 at 1:20 AM
this is great for my romance sims. i have uni so i will test now.
Instructor
#8 Old 17th May 2005 at 1:32 AM
so they could hate them... but still who hooing:P
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th May 2005 at 1:34 AM
I tested in University and nothing is wrong. I love your hacks...they always make things so interesting...!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th May 2005 at 1:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzLove
That was the idea behind the hack. I have couple of familys whose goal is to sleep with every other sim and npc in the neighborhood. Problem was having the time to have that many people fall in love. This little hack should solve that. And I guess maxis is a bit too PG, to include one-night stands. The really funny thing is after they woohoo. They get out of bed and won't even kiss. hehe.

A good thing about this hack is that you can no choose when two sims "hook up". You can have them fall in love, just have a crush, be friends, or barely know each other first. This should also help some of those that like to make movies and build complex story lines.

One nice thing is that if you do all the cuddling, kissing, making out, and woohoo, the two sims really do start to like each other rather quickly. As tends to happen in real life, if the sex is good, the relationship tends to grow regardless.

A brief tech note: This hack is rather like my others. Instead of complex modifications I mostly just short-circuit the code. When the code checks to see if they are in love, it still checks, but flows the same way as if they are in love regardless.

As far as University goes there should not be a problem. My No-shoo hack seems to work with it just fine, and that ones uses some bed globals as well. Since this is not a new object, and replaces no GUIDs, there should not be any conflicts unless Uni has different bed globals concerning cuddling, kissing, making out, and Woohoo. Those are the only globals I changed, and it was only a dozen or so total.

BTW, next up is a mod to make all the relax bed behaviours have a High fun factor, and be autonomous. I did this back in Sims 1, and the results were VERY interesting.

LizzLove.


Soooo awesome. I can't wait for your next hack, those behaviors SHOULD increase fun...they do in real life, anyway. Eh...usually.

And can they woohoo even if they hate eachother?
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th May 2005 at 1:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousiejean
Where can I find the teen woo hoo?


Here is one of them, they have the major search diabled, I will look for and and post it later. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56865
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimuahaha
Soooo awesome. I can't wait for your next hack, those behaviors SHOULD increase fun...they do in real life, anyway. Eh...usually.

And can they woohoo even if they hate eachother?


Well if they are both doing things right it should be fun

Not sure how deep the hate can be. I tested it with a couple of sims that had -50/-25, and they had no problem. They even liked each a little better afterwards. hehe

Most of my sims rather like each other. I will try to get a couple to really hate each other and see if it still works. It should with the way I did things.

Getting the fun factor up is going to be a bit harder. To do it right I may need to clone a bed and mod a lot of behaviours. Right now I am trying to just mod the minimum on one of the expensive beds and see if I can get to work without cloning. Cloned objects can cause many problems I really do try to avoid. Regardless the "fun bed" hack will be to just one or two beds. Otherwise things will get way out of control real quickly, as I found out when I did the same thing in Sims 1. No one wanted to anything else. I even had one die of hunger cause he would not stop long enough to eat. :omg:

Have fun,
LizzLove.
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:29 AM
This will be great for those Romance Sims! Now I'll actually play them! :clap:

Just curious, as it's not mentioned, I wondered if this allows for the "try for baby" option? If not currently, will it?

Thanks again for the great hack! :jig:
~K.
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:30 AM
Sounds crazy, I'll try it!
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:51 AM
Lizzlove you are awsome!!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:58 AM
Well, I tried it, and it works famously! I have University, so all is well with this hack with the EP thus far. This is so great, I have a guy who's already slept with 10 people in less than 1 hour RL time. I just have him stand outside his house to greet people, and then it's off to bed with them. HAHAH, awesome, I love this hack.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:08 AM
This will be quite interesting. Great Job, I am going to try it out now
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrin83
This will be great for those Romance Sims! Now I'll actually play them! :clap:


I have mostly romance sims, and some of their needs have gotten out of hand. One of the main reasons for this mod. :hehe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrin83
Just curious, as it's not mentioned, I wondered if this allows for the "try for baby" option? If not currently, will it?


I did not mess with the "Try for Baby" code, so that will not be affected. I thought about it, but decided to limit the scope of the mod to keep the bugs down. Besides people should be in love if they are going to have a baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrin83
Thanks again for the great hack! :jig:
~K.


I am glad you like it. My mods are a bit different from most others. I like moding the way sims react to each other, and kinda change the rules a bit.
BTW, if you run the no-jealousy-at-all, bed-no-shoo2, and this mod, you can end up with quite a wild and risque household.
Instructor
#19 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:31 AM
works good in my game and I have the EP.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:31 AM
This is like Twojeff's Friendly woohoo mod, but with more options. Great job to you too.
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:36 AM
good job. will make those romance sims easier to play.

Admit nothing, Deny everything and demand proof!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:41 AM
It's great, thank you so much! I have been hoping for something like this!
Forum Resident
#23 Old 17th May 2005 at 4:41 AM
can they still have a baby etc together?
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th May 2005 at 6:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimuahaha
This is an awesome idea! It's so annoying to build up relationships to the point of BEING IN LOVE before the sims will finally woo-hoo. Hasn't Maxis ever heard of the one-night stand? Yeesh.

The only thing is that I have University, so I'm a little hesitant to install this hack since you don't have it. I'll check back to see if any Uni. players have problems.

now thats funny.The game is for teens.lol :Pimp:
Forum Resident
#25 Old 17th May 2005 at 6:40 AM
i think they should be able to havea baby even though they dont love each other...that happens in real life
Page 1 of 14