Spawn of Square Stair ---- Diagonal Stair New Meshes
Uploaded 15th Feb 2007 at 4:15 AM · Updated 2nd May 2007 at 11:17 AM by khakidoo : So far I've edited this thing 18 times since posting it .... I think I'm addicted to editing
This is a and improved and now Base Game Compatible "Square Stair"
~~ Or rather, this time, it's a set of square stairs -
the classic 1 step, and now the 2 step and the 3 step;
both of which make placing the stairs much, much easier...
These are the other colors and the three meshes standing alone
Click it for a larger view:
The house in the pics is available for download here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=220589
If you didn't see the original post - the idea behind these stairs is very simple-Sims can walk up slight inclines of the ground, so
these are stair shaped meshes that sims don't notice, and that they are able to walk through. Using the allow45degree cheat you
can turn the stair on the diagonal and have "working" diagonal stairs.
In your game you will find this in the Buy Mode > Decorative > Miscellaneous area of the catalog, not in the stairs category.
It's catalog cost is 10 dollars.
Yes, Sims still get their feet cut off.... and I still don't care...
Please see my original post ~here~ for some building tips
& here's a little quick start tutorial type video clip
& here's a clip of the stairs in use:
While the stairs themselves are base game compatible, you would need the University EP to use
the boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true cheat that enables turning objects on the diagonal.
However, even without turning the stairs on the diagonal you are able to use them when you
want less than 4 stairs. They really look good in a back yard, on graduated patio levels and such...
See my Low Willows or Ground Cover Plants posts to see some example pics
Both the 2 and 3 step models are "2 clicks" tall, the difference is in the fatness of the individual
stairs on each mesh, and the 2 and 3 step stairs are usable without any "object placement cheats"
but the cheats you may want to use while building
with these objects are:
* moveobjects on
* boolprop snapobjectstogrid false
* boolprop allow45degreeangle of rotation
* boolprop constrainfloorelevation false
The single stair is still
2 Step is
3 Step is
I've only included 3 colors... unfortunately I haven't found a satisfactory way to get textures from
floorcoverings to match up when used to recolor the stair... so I tried to give you three "generally" usable colors...
The darkest color coordinates with some floors that I made - my favorite dark woods - just standard maxis wood that I darkened
and squished so I have included a .rar of them since the dark color doesn't really match any of the standard maxis floor colors
except the parquet
Many many many thanks to everyone who has helped me with this... Inge, MaryLou,
Quaxi via SimPe, Numenor's and Jwoods's tutes... all the moderators here at MTS2
who have taken the time to answer my questions... and all of the people who
encouraged me, and the people who commented on/thanked for and
downloaded the original stair
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||313444f078f4bc8e6f301577fced2f4e_0001.package (inside Dark Wood Floors.rar)|
|Title||khakidarkens"Walk the Plank" 2|
|Filename||a18e24f72eaff66782a107d5340c5454_0001.package (inside Dark Wood Floors.rar)|
|Filename||ccf6e97c564b27a4737cc1301758a5aa_0001.package (inside Dark Wood Floors.rar)|
|Filename||89a8e72e93e751e14663873a5740c681_0001.package (inside Dark Wood Floors.rar)|
|Filename||KhakidoobaseGameStair.package (inside 1Step.rar)|
|Title||Base Game Stair|
|Filename||KhakidoobaseGameStair2Step.package (inside 2Step.rar)|
|Filename||KhakidoobaseGameStair3Step.package (inside 3Step.rar)|
|Title||3 Step Base Game Stair|
Size: 90.7 KB · Downloads: 17,493 · 16th Feb 2007
|90.7 KB||17,493||16th Feb 2007|
Size: 90.6 KB · Downloads: 17,869 · 16th Feb 2007
|90.6 KB||17,869||16th Feb 2007|
Size: 89.3 KB · Downloads: 18,019 · 16th Feb 2007
|89.3 KB||18,019||16th Feb 2007|
Dark Wood Floors.rar
Size: 431.9 KB · Downloads: 18,737 · 15th Feb 2007
|431.9 KB||18,737||15th Feb 2007|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.