-Celebrating WHITE!- Default Replacements for Almost All Celebrations Outfits
Uploaded 19th Jan 2008 at 4:48 AM · Updated 8th Sep 2008 at 6:50 AM by Phaenoh
The toddler replacement mesh:
The Celebrations Stuff Pack loaded our Formal catagory with loads of great new outfits, the trouble was, Maxis forgot what color white was. Normally this isn't that big a problem, but if the only thing you are focusing on is WEDDING DRESSES, then seriously, come ON! Sixty-nine outfits are affected by these replacement sets. The only outfits that escape some minor change were the dark blue and dark purple bridesmaid dresses. They didn't have any white, and they weren't a faded color of what they should have been.
All of the changes are relatively subtle differences, but when you get the sim out into the light, it makes all the difference. The whites are all a bit brighter, the pinks are pinker, the greens are greenier, you get the picture. Formal wear should never be FADED! Also, there were alot of outfits that were listed as 'ivory', or 'antique' or what not. I took those (since they looked just like their faded white siblings) and turned them into a gold/beige color. Originally it was much more faded and gray, but then I decided to make it match the 'bamboo' (gold) color of the bridesmaid dresses.
These are DEFAULT REPLACEMENTS, meaning, when you place them in your downloads folder, they will act as Maxis clothing, completely replacing their counterparts. This includes sims currently wearing them. If you want to remove mine and return to the maxis versions, just delete my package from your downloads folder. Btw, if you want your clothing catalog images to reflect these changes, delete your thumbnails folder: C:\Documents and Settings\(yourname)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails. The game will generate new ones. If you want not default versions, check out this thread of mine.
The packages are separated based on cut, so if you like what I did to the Short Dresses but don't like the A-Line change, then keep the short and throw out the A-line. Only one picture is shown of the Ball Dress (the ones with colors in the back). This is because they all received the same whitening treatment, and the only difference between the dresses is in the back at the color panel (which I didn't change). I've also not shown the Adult version of the Bridesmaid dresses, they are the same color as the Elder and Teen Versions, and they are actually identical to the Teen versions. The Tuxedos for Elders, Teens, Children, and Toddlers are not shown as they are also virtually identical to the Adult versions. The only change those received was making the white shirt and cuffs whiter, and the entire suit for the white suit of course.
Now, I didn't bother with arrows this time, I'm assuming you guys to be smart enough to know that the Maxis outfit is on the left and my changed version is directly to the right of it. If you get confused, the brighter one what you will have in your catalog if you download my replacement sets. (They go in your downloads folder, just like all the other CC you download.)
If you don't happen to have Celebrations, then these outfits will not show up for you, but I did a pretty decent job of showing off ALL the clothes that come with it, so if you like what you see, you might think about getting Celebrations.
P.S. This is my biggest Default Set yet, can I get some Big replies to go with it?
Mara and her niece Tonya the flowergirl, for inviting us to her wedding, asking my entire family to be bridesmaids, and to use the photos in this set. Kalimos and his brood looked lovely as the best men, but their photos were not chosen, who wants to look at five ages of the same Tux?
Size: 115.0 KB · Downloads: 6,650 · 2nd Feb 2008
|115.0 KB||6,650||2nd Feb 2008|
Size: 2.40 MB · Downloads: 6,651 · 19th Jan 2008
|2.40 MB||6,651||19th Jan 2008|
Size: 7.29 MB · Downloads: 7,162 · 19th Jan 2008
|7.29 MB||7,162||19th Jan 2008|
Size: 4.73 MB · Downloads: 7,383 · 19th Jan 2008
|4.73 MB||7,383||19th Jan 2008|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Blurb and Updatez:
- Please don't reupload my work anywhere else. Just point them back here, I'm not going anywhere! :)
- Please ask permission before using my work as a base for your project. I almost always say 'yes' and often times I will help you with your project! :bunny:
- If you make something (like a story or a video) and it has something of mine in it, send me the link, I love to see my stuff 'in action'!
- Sadly, but honestly, I can't take on requests. You can ask if it's something already related to one of my current projects, but I'm not likely to take on your project for you. MTS has lots of wonderful tutorials ;)