*Picky Fix* Remapped Burglar Boots Now With Trenchcoat Boots Too!
Uploaded 5th Jul 2008 at 7:31 PM · Updated 16th Mar 2009 at 4:37 PM by Menaceman44 : Added extra file
This download I offer today is to fix something which many will probably find trivial and never bother about. I however DO bother about it and thought there might be others like me out there. Hey, there have been with my past picky fixes.
This download is a set of replacement meshes for the burglar outfit with altered UV mapping on the boots. I haven't altered the shape of the meshes in any way what so ever. All I have done is moved the UV mapping on the feet a bit because of this:
It bugged the heck out of me when a Sim of mine who had just been promoted to Mime (Entertainment career from FreeTime) went to work wearing an outfit with faulty boot highlights.
This is how the boots will look after you install my download:
Its not perfect but no longer stands out as being wrong! Who gets this close to feet in normal gameplay anyway?
It should override all instances of the burglar outfit for adults and elders of both genders whether worn by a Sim working as a Mime or by the actual burglars. If it causes any problems in your game then let me know in the feedback comments below.
Don't upload this file to any other site!
Random Fact: For anybody who is interested, I orignally tried to fix this issue by correcting and replacing all of the required textures but that didn't work out as compressed them too much which made them all blurry. This fix only occurred to me over a week later.
| Trenchcoat boots
Size: 257.8 KB · Downloads: 520 · 3rd Feb 2009
|257.8 KB||520||3rd Feb 2009|
| Burglar boots
Size: 389.5 KB · Downloads: 831 · 6th Jul 2008
|389.5 KB||831||6th Jul 2008|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
I also have a Patreon page if you would like to make your support ongoing.
Please do not comment on my downloads asking if they need updating for new patches. By all means. please DO post if you have tried them in your game and find them to be broken. Make sure to include details of what is wrong though. Just telling me something needs updating is not helpful.
Comments are always welcome, good or bad. Although I prefer the good ones, heheh!
As I have now moved over to playing TS4, my TS3 and TS2 creations should be considered mostly unsupported.
Please see the Policy tab above if you are wanting to use any of my creations.