A Collector's Dream
Uploaded 29th Jan 2011 at 5:54 PM · Updated 26th May 2012 at 12:10 AM by Lisen801 : uPDATING
Updated for Pets and patch and tested in game. It works and all the slots are there
Originally I made this for my sim could hold all the souvenirs, gems and other things as they collect.
Unfortunately, it appeared that gems have a footprint that makes it impossible to place two stones next to each other, with other small items that's fine. But even if you leave a blank space between the stones the shelf can hold 33 gems. In the gaps other small objects can be placed.
Both the shelf and the rack has three color channels and can be found at storage - misc. The same place wwhere you can find the
storage racks for wine.
The shelf costs $ 145 and the rack $ 165.
The shelf have 732 vertices and 634 faces and the rack 312 vertices and 156 faces.
I want to thank EA for the game, the developers of the software I use, the autors of tutorials and all the helpful folks here and there
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Lisen_CollectorsRack.package (inside Lisen_Collector'sShelfandRack.7z)|
|Filename||Lisen_CollectorsShelf.package (inside Lisen_Collector'sShelfandRack.7z)|
Size: 287.6 KB · Downloads: 44,071 · 26th May 2012
|287.6 KB||44,071||26th May 2012|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: