Port La Forks, WA
Uploaded 14th May 2011 at 8:57 PM · Updated 14th May 2011 at 8:12 PM by GLachaille : Updated image to reflect changes, upload updated RAR files.
Port La Forks is a small town (or three) nestled amongst vivid, green forests. The generally overcast climate is great for those who react adversely to too much sun and the wide open forested areas teeming with wild life are great for hunting (just don't hunt the wolves). There are three distinct cultural areas: the local reservation, with its beaches and fishing spots are very popular; the main township and the quaint, though not quite angelic, port area filled with charming shops and restaurants.
While the geography of this world is based on the terrain of Washington State and the layout of the town (name and location of roads, buildings, etc) is based on the real Forks, Washington - this is, in fact, an imaginary version.
NOTE: Port La Forks includes customizations to the "weather" to make the town overcast and cloudy more often than not -- you won't find that many sunny days in this world.
NOTE #2: I created a Flickr Slideshow while developing this world. There may be an odd shot or two that is out of date, but otherwise, there are some good shoots of what the town looks like beyond what I have included here.
- Map Size: Large
- Spawn Points: All base game spawn points included.
- Requirements: Riverview, World Adventures, Ambitions.
- No - Camera: set along the tree line of the main body of land and extends out and around the water-edge of the land.
- No-Sim - along the tree line of the main body, the mountainous region in the north, the sides of the tall sides of hills north of the river, south of the road and all densely forested areas (except where paths are specifically created)
- Layers: 4 (Lots, Trees, Deco, Spawners)
- Textures: 13 textures used. No more than 8 textures per chunk anywhere in the world. Credits for custom textures under Custom Content.
- Number: Total number of lots, and lot sizes and quantity of each 122 total lots.
2 - 10x20 | 9 - 10x35 | 2 - 15x20 | 5 - 15x25 | 1 - 15x60
1 - 19x6 | 4 - 20x30 | 2 - 24x40 | 1 - 20x45 | 1 - 21x30
1 - 25x35 | 1 - 25x40 | 1 - 25x45 | 1 - 27x20 | 8 - 30x20
1 - 30x27 | 26 - 30x30 | 1 - 30x35 | 2 - 30x40 | 1 - 30x45
1 - 30x50 | 2 - 31x30 | 1 - 35x20 | 1 - 35x25 | 1 - 35x28
1 - 35x35 | 2 - 35x40 | 1 - 35x45 | 1 - 36x47 | 8 - 40x30
6 - 40x40 | 1 - 40x50 | 1 - 45x35 | 2 - 45x50 | 1 - 46x42
1 - 50x20 | 1 - 50x45 | 2 - 50x50 | 1 - 51x30 | 1 - 50x64
1 - 53x45 | 1 - 53x46 | 1 - 55x43 | 1 - 60x60 | 1 - 61x54
2 - 64x54 | 2 - 64x60 | 8 - 64x64
- Rabbitholes:All (base game)
- Community Lots: Cemetery, Library, Museum, Gym, Salon / Tattoo Parlor, Firehouse, several parts, church, An Inn (wedding/party venue), Baseball diamond, several fishing spots, beach.
- Residential: 83 residential lots
2 - 10x20 | 9 - 10x35 | 2 - 15x20 | 5 - 15x25 | 2 - 20x30
2 - 20x40 | 7 - 30x20 | 24 - 30x30 | 1 - 30x35 | 2 - 30x40
1 - 30x50 | 8 - 40x30 | 6 - 40x40 | 1 - 40x50 | 1 - 45x35
2 - 45x50 | 1 - 46x42 | 1 - 50x50 | 1 - 60x60 | 2 - 64x60
3 - 64x64
Items used in the World file (you don't need to download these, but the creators should get credit...)
- 4 Custom textures were created just for this world (not available for download) by me.
- WA Rock Med from the Mega-Texture pack by Martine
- Pavement Texture by Fluttereyes @ Prettysims.com
Items from the Sims Store used in various lots:
- Brassworks Chandelier
- Eleganza Drapes
- The Shhh! It's a Library Door
- Larger than Life Party Table
- Brass Candelabrum
- Chester's Tall Drawers
- Chesapeake Bay Bay Window
- VDBM-880 Wall Mirror
- Not-A-Street Floor Lamp
- Storybook Door by Adventure Carpentry
- Wide Romantique Wall Mirror
- Romantique Dining Chair
- Romantique Table Lamp
- Romantique Telephone Table
- President's Desk
- Tropi-Con FauxFrond
- Leathery Bar Stool
- Modern HDTV by Webbsta Industries
- Venerable Vellum Volume Vault
- Custom Wood Bar
- Once Upon a Glowy Glow Glowlamp
- Gothique Window
Customizations & Credits
Special thanks to Claeric, Simsample, GiLaNg, Cyberqueen13 (@ Sims 3 Forum), BSIRegina (@ Sims 3 Forum) and the all the other good folks who tested and commented and generally helped keep me motivated and honest (aka, not sloppy).
Thanks to Claeric for discovering how to customize the ini files that control the look and feel of the world (See Adding a Custom Water Color) Without his discovery, Forks would not be nearly overcast enough to stop vampires from sparkling.
Thanks to Simsample for point out about the Fog FX patch that I used throughout the world and various WA and Twinbrook items that were not available in CAW and in-game by default (like the tents featured in Newton's Outfitters), and to GiLaNg for the other mod that allowed Twinbrook items to show up in the Create-A-World (so I could use the streetlights).
And, of course, credit to whomever was responsible for the city plan for the town of Forks, WA; Mother Earth for the Terrain of WA state, Stephanie Meyer for the Twilight World and the producers / location choosers / set designers of the movie series, all of which contributed to the design of this world.
This download has specific instructions!
This world is compressed into multiple parts. You need to download them all to the same location to convert them back into a single file to install into your game.
To do this, go into the directory that all the parts are located and highlight/select all the files. Right-click and choose extract here from the menu.
Size: 6.80 MB · Downloads: 9,512 · 14th May 2011
|6.80 MB||9,512||14th May 2011|
Size: 9.54 MB · Downloads: 9,675 · 14th May 2011
|9.54 MB||9,675||14th May 2011|
Size: 9.54 MB · Downloads: 10,345 · 14th May 2011
|9.54 MB||10,345||14th May 2011|
Size: 9.54 MB · Downloads: 12,372 · 14th May 2011
|9.54 MB||12,372||14th May 2011|
Size: 9.54 MB · Downloads: 9,966 · 14th May 2011
|9.54 MB||9,966||14th May 2011|
Size: 9.54 MB · Downloads: 9,924 · 14th May 2011
|9.54 MB||9,924||14th May 2011|
Size: 9.54 MB · Downloads: 10,077 · 14th May 2011
|9.54 MB||10,077||14th May 2011|
Size: 9.54 MB · Downloads: 10,428 · 14th May 2011
|9.54 MB||10,428||14th May 2011|
Size: 9.54 MB · Downloads: 11,881 · 14th May 2011
|9.54 MB||11,881||14th May 2011|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Just what you need to know...
Don't upload my lots to the exchange or other sites, please. Please don't upload my work and claim it as your own. If I wanted them there, I would put them their myself.
You can find out more about upcoming/ongoing projects, tweaks to and alternate versions of downloads posted here, etc at my website - http://glachaille.saimhe.net.