Uploaded 10th Oct 2011 at 10:44 AM · Updated 2nd Jun 2014 at 2:34 PM by Miuki : making install instructions more clear
Aspen Islands are situated far from Sunset Valley shores, it is a group of four islands with moderate climate and abundance of aspen and birch trees. They were first inhabited at the beginning of the 20th century. Most dwellers were fishermen and retired sailors, as island's waters had plenty of fish and its sloping banks enough taverns and beaches. Originally, only one island of four was colonized, its lands supplied sims with enough produce and fish. With the inflow of new residents new islands had to be occupied, thus the industrial and later suburbian part of the isles were connected to main one with bridges and roads. Today it is a balanced and peaceful community with laidback style of life.
- EP: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night (patch version 6.081.009)
- SP: No items from SPs used, but I suggest rockabilly radio station for tattoo parlour and dive bars
- CC: No custom content used, except custom terrain paints and road textures (come with the world file)
- Map Size - Large
- Spawn Points - All base game spawners used, plus several from LN and WA
- Routing - Sims can go almost everywhere except steep terrain and decorative islands, the edges of the map are painted camera non-routable
- Layering - 9 layers total
- Textures - About 10-12 textures per chunk in general, does not cause lag
- Total number: 131 lot (Community 54/ Residential 77)
- Rabbitholes and Community Lots: All rabbitholes and community lots up to Late Night, including all kinds of bars, plus several empty lots suitable for upcoming Pets (40X40 and 60X60 lots)
- Residential Lots: Lots with houses 48/ Empty lots 29
- Sizes of lots:
10X10 - 1
10X20 - 1
20X20 - 1
25X20 - 1
30X20 - 36
30X30 - 5
30X40 - 26
40X40 - 5
64X64 - 1
10X10 - 2
14X12 - 1
10X15 - 1
20X15 - 1
20X20 - 2
20X28 - 1
22X26 - 1
22X34 - 1
25X25 - 1
30X7 - 1
30X20 - 5
30X25 - 3
30X30 - 4
36X31 - 1
30X46 - 1
40X20 - 4
40X30 - 7
40X40 - 4
45X36 - 1
44X28 - 1
60X60 - 1
60X64 - 1
64X22 - 1
64X30 - 1
64X40 - 1
64X42 - 1
64X50 - 1
64X64 - 1
COMMUNITY LOTS FOR PETS AND GENERATIONS - GET THEM HERE
THE LATEST LATEST VERSION OF ASPEN ISLANDS WITH CONTENT FROM ALL EP'S (EXCEPT IF) CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE .
- Make a folder somewhere you can easily find
- Download all the files to the folder you just created
- Right click on the first file and select "Extract here..."(WinRar option)
- When prompted, choose the next file by finding it the folder they are in and manually selecting the next file asked for
- Repeat the procedure until all files are extracted
- Copy the sims3pack and move it to your documents/Electronic arts/Sims 3/Downloads
- Install as a regular sims3pack file
NOTES AND KNOWN ISSUES
- First ten comments show examples of community and residential lots
- Transportation time may be an issue for cheap cars and taxis, use subways, disguised as ferry stations.
- When you start a new game save it and exit to the main menu so that fog emitters show proper effects.
- Effects in clubs are randomized and there's nothing I can do about it, you should set them yourself.
- Give couple of days for spawners to spawn.
- Ghosts tend to drive around instead of staying quietly in their graves.
CREDITS AND THANKS
This world would've never been uploaded without your help, feedback and encouragement - Gabrymato, Zandvoort, Deluxe Designs, SimmyRN, kattenijin, Nightlight, Mr.Fry, Demagog, simsample, Bchbch Walk, rian90, Miko09, kiwi_tea, Linarina, Rileyjcquinn, Myshia, hudy777DeSign, Lennon7777777, scoopy_loopy, Dasila, SommarBlomma, RylandHomes, lorenrose1013, jedi_waffle.
A huge thanks to simsample for tutorials and Various Objects Enabled for CAW , Ashillion for custom roads and Martine for wonderful terrain textures.
All MTS world creators and builders - for inspiration and tutorials.
MTS - for being such a great site.
Size: 6.21 MB · Downloads: 10,260 · 10th Oct 2011
|6.21 MB||10,260||10th Oct 2011|
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 11,270 · 10th Oct 2011
|9.00 MB||11,270||10th Oct 2011|
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 14,093 · 10th Oct 2011
|9.00 MB||14,093||10th Oct 2011|
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 10,906 · 10th Oct 2011
|9.00 MB||10,906||10th Oct 2011|
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 10,584 · 10th Oct 2011
|9.00 MB||10,584||10th Oct 2011|
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 10,632 · 10th Oct 2011
|9.00 MB||10,632||10th Oct 2011|
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 11,064 · 10th Oct 2011
|9.00 MB||11,064||10th Oct 2011|
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 12,303 · 10th Oct 2011
|9.00 MB||12,303||10th Oct 2011|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: